176 visas do you need 7yrs experience now??

Hi all, my apologies if this has already been said but just ready something worrying for us on the WA site.

~~~~~~~

Criteria for Managers and Professionals

If you are looking to apply for state sponsorship from the Government of Western Australia you will need to have an occupation on the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation list (WASMOL); meet Western Australia's criteria for your occupation and meet the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's criteria for General Skilled Migration.

Visa subclass176 886 475 487 IELTS* 7 7 7 7 Work experience 7 years 18 months 5 years 3 years

I qualified as a nurse in Jan 09 so have 2 years experience i was advised before that you only needed 1yrs experience for this visa. Has this changed or am i worrying bigtime over nothing!! I have emailed my agent but received an out of office until tomorrow and dont think i can wait, even with training its only 5yrs.

worried, Lisa

:gingerbreadhouse:

Guest machang
Hi all, my apologies if this has already been said but just ready something worrying for us on the WA site.

~~~~~~~

If you are looking to apply for state sponsorship from the Government of Western Australia you will need to have an occupation on the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation list (WASMOL); meet Western Australia's criteria for your occupation and meet the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's criteria for General Skilled Migration.

Visa subclass176 886 475 487 IELTS* 7 7 7 7 Work experience 7 years 18 months 5 years 3 years

I qualified as a nurse in Jan 09 so have 2 years experience i was advised before that you only needed 1yrs experience for this visa. Has this changed or am i worrying bigtime over nothing!! I have emailed my agent but received an out of office until tomorrow and dont think i can wait, even with training its only 5yrs.

worried, Lisa

Yes, 7 years experience requires for 176 . It will be very difficult to fulfill their criteria for anyone . aparanlty they do not need people :chatterbox:

Visa subclass 176 886 475 487 IELTS* 7 7 7 7 Work experience 7 years 18 months 5 years 3 years

The way I understand it (and the way it should be to be fair for all) is.......if you have already made an application to DIAC ( with an existing state sponsorship eg; 176 visa) the criteria back then still applies to your application.........if you are in the process of applying to a particular state for sponsorship now and are included in their SMP list the new criteria they are asking will apply, as will any criteria for the particular visa, to DIAC, you will eventually be applying for.........

The way I understand it (and the way it should be to be fair for all) is.......if you have already made an application to DIAC ( with an existing state sponsorship eg; 176 visa) the criteria back then still applies to your application.........if you are in the process of applying to a particular state for sponsorship now and are included in their SMP list the new criteria they are asking will apply, as will any criteria for the particular visa, to DIAC, you will eventually be applying for.........

So i take it that its all over for us as by the time i get to 7yrs experience i will be too old to apply!! considering they keep stating that they are crying out for nurses they make it bloody difficult!!

Lisa

So i take it that its all over for us as by the time i get to 7yrs experience i will be too old to apply!! considering they keep stating that they are crying out for nurses they make it bloody difficult!!

Lisa

Just so you know I am not an agent.......I would strongly recommend talking to a migration agent and get some professional advice about your particular circumstance.

~~~~~~~

worried, Lisa

Hi Lisa

Yes, unfortunately this has snookered us as well. My son's partner was pinning all her hopes on this, but doesn't have the 7 years experience. However, WA is of particular interest as our family are there.

Have you considered other states? Not all are asking for seven years experience.

~~~~~~~

worried, Lisa

If your agent is a registered migration agent, s/he should be able to sort this. If your agent is not registered I suggest you consult one who is registered.

Hi Lisa

Yes, unfortunately this has snookered us as well. My son's partner was pinning all her hopes on this, but doesn't have the 7 years experience. However, WA is of particular interest as our family are there.

Have you considered other states? Not all are asking for seven years experience.

Hello Lindsay, have a few friends in SA but loved WA when went so really wanted to settle there. Have been waiting all this time for the list to come out and now i wished it hadnt!!

Thanks Lisa

If your agent is a registered migration agent, s/he should be able to sort this. If your agent is not registered I suggest you consult one who is registered.

Hello were registered with GoMatilda but was going to do the sponsorship alone to save some pennies. when i mailed them i had an out of office reply until tomorrow so shouldnt have to wait too long to learn our fate!! so far we have jumped through every hoop changing visas & waiting and now £1000 down and could be for nothing. Maybe looking into Vegas after all.

Lisa :sad:

Hello were registered with GoMatilda but was going to do the sponsorship alone to save some pennies. when i mailed them i had an out of office reply until tomorrow so shouldnt have to wait too long to learn our fate!! so far we have jumped through every hoop changing visas & waiting and now £1000 down and could be for nothing. Maybe looking into Vegas after all.

Lisa :sad:

You could do a lot worse than Nevada!

Good luck

Paul

Hi Lisa,

Im in the same situation as you, been waiting for ages for WA to release SMP so could apply, then I read about the 7 years experience- gutted!! I too have only been qualified 2 years, Queensland are asking for 5years not sure about the other states. Have you thought about a 175 visa?

Same for us......... Nurse, 2 years post qual experience with positive skills assessment and reg with AHPRA, completely gutted that WA are needing 7 years experience..........

Due to age etc we're 5 points short for 175, so needed the SS.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but most nursing roles being advertised are reasonably junior roles. So are nurses with 7 years plus experience willing to take that much of a step back??

Sorry to hear that this affects others too. makes me wonder if its a way of cutting back the numbers without actually stating how many they want. my agent has confirmed this morning that we can no longer apply for the visas we were going too (very casual!! dissapointed that i had to mail them and not a real offer for resolution apart from move states!!) i didnt want a employer sponsored visa but looks like we may have too if thats still available.. somethimes i wished i had never set foot in the place!!.

Guest gingerdingo

Sorry to hear about your situation Lisa, we too are affected.

In Queensland you now need 5 years exp for a full visa and 3 years for a regional visa - which means you have to live and work in postcode area identified as low population - not ideal for any one.

On top of that the wife is still waiting for the results of her 6th Ielts.

Sorry to hear about your situation Lisa, we too are affected.

In Queensland you now need 5 years exp for a full visa and 3 years for a regional visa - which means you have to live and work in postcode area identified as low population - not ideal for any one.

On top of that the wife is still waiting for the results of her 6th Ielts.

Sorry to hear that gingerdingo, after all the stress and cost and feels like its all for nothing. let me know how she goes its not an easy test.

Lisa

Archived