Change of occupation after visa lodgement

veronica

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help, this has probably been asked before but just wondering if changing job will affect/delay our application in anyway. We applied in Oct 2010 for 176 fam sponsor visa with husband trade-Carpenter, he is changing jobs late Jan/early February as a Contracts Manager with a new company.

Is it true that this is ok as he showed all evidence in that trade at time of visa lodgement and also do we need to notify Diac of the change,also he is finishing his current position at x mas, so if he is unemployed for a month will this matter when they finally get ound to processing our application? Any information welcome.

if he is a contract manager in a firm of carpenters this will be fine. I know from a similar personal experience where I was badly advised and busted myself down to the tools from a management position so I had x amount of recent years in the profession i was assessed in, this was in fact totally unnecessary as I was still working 'in the trade' just at a higher level. On the up side I have never earnt so much or done so little in a job so the bad advice kind of paid off!

Thanks Sammi, I don't think you understand my question, so you are saying that if your visa takes lets say 3 years to process after lodgement , every single person who has previously been granted visas were working for the same employer as when the application was made? i would find that hard to believe, people change employers/jobs all the time. We don't want to reapply under a different code or anything.

Guest fantomsss
Thanks Sammi, I don't think you understand my question, so you are saying that if your visa takes lets say 3 years to process after lodgement , every single person who has previously been granted visas were working for the same employer as when the application was made? i would find that hard to believe, people change employers/jobs all the time. We don't want to reapply under a different code or anything.

Sammi meant you cannot change nominated occupation on your visa application. Nothing to do with your job or employment as long as you satisfy requirements at the time of applying for the visa.

Thanks Fatomess, We don't want to change the nominated occupation on our application I just wanted to check that this would not create problems futher down the line and confirm that as long as we satisfied requirements at time we applied then this is ok. also do you know if we should inform diac when he changes his job ?

Thanks

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help, this has probably been asked before but just wondering if changing job will affect/delay our application in anyway. We applied in Oct 2010 for 176 fam sponsor visa with husband trade-Carpenter, he is changing jobs late Jan/early February as a Contracts Manager with a new company.

Is it true that this is ok as he showed all evidence in that trade at time of visa lodgement and also do we need to notify Diac of the change,also he is finishing his current position at x mas, so if he is unemployed for a month will this matter when they finally get ound to processing our application? Any information welcome.

The DIAC have no interest in your legal post-lodgement employment, or lack of it. You should notify them of changes so your case officer knows how to contact you.

Archived