Quarantine inspection fee?

mr luvpants

Guest terraformer
Hi all

I have just received an invoice from PSS's agents in Oz who have invoiced me for a "Quarantine inspection fee". Is this normal as I thought I would only get an invoice from AQIS if they needed to clean something?

JOHN

Hi John

This is the norm, i have just paid my $480 for quarantine inspection!

Linda

Guest guest33730
Hi all

I have just received an invoice from PSS's agents in Oz who have invoiced me for a "Quarantine inspection fee". Is this normal as I thought I would only get an invoice from AQIS if they needed to clean something?

JOHN

John,

Crown include it in their fees but for everyone else it's an extra - The charge is for the admin/time of the actual inspection and is extra if anything then needs to then be fumigated etc.

Daniel

Guest physmum

Yes it is normal. I think ours was just under $500. Usually the company tell you about it when you get your initial quote so that there are no surprises! Crown are the only people that seem to include it within their quote.

Guest pablofet1

Yes we paid this too, this is for the inspection only not for cleaning, fumigation or disposing of any items they don't like.

Every ones price will be different as it all depends how much time they spend looking through a particular container.

I will mention while i am here that my hubbie panicked when the container turned up at the house as it was not the container we waved goodbye to in the uk, what they do is empty the container to check and then repack into another ready for delivery. (sorry if you already knew this)

Mel

Can I please ask those that mentioned prices how much stuff u shipped out.

We have send 5 CBM (cubic meters) boxes, don't know the weight though. Have not paid the clearance etc yet, but agent told us it will be roughly around 700 AUD.

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest physmum

we sent a 20ft container - ie a house full of stuff! I think it is a set fee, so not based on how much you are sending - but don't quote me on that!!

Thankyou for all ur replies! God I keep finding more bloomin things we have to pay for...annoying!!

Ok so standard customs clearance fees are included in my quote apparently but Quarantine Inspection Fee is not. Are these poss the prices below (found on AQIS website?)

If yes I presume we'll fall in to the container fee box and we won't have a full container so looking at the $6 per "unit" but any idea what a "unit" is? Is that per item....so per tool?

Inspection fees

CategorySub-CategoryDescriptionUnitCurrent FeeInspection FeesContainer FeesFull containereach

$24.00

Less than full container each

$6.00

Tailgate InspectionsIn-office (manned depot) or at QAPeach

$40.00

Other—1st container½ hour

$90.00

Other—subsequent containers¼ hour

$45.00

Goods InspectionIn-office—per officer—¼ hour¼ hour

$40.00

Out-office—per officer—1st ½ hour½ hour

$90.00

Out-office—per officer—additional ¼ hour¼ hour

$45.00

Officer service for 1 or more working daysday

$900.00

Timber Inspection Timber not in container—cubic metre (other than plywood and veneer)m3

$2.40

It wasn't included with our shippers, but I got them to include it in the total price, including fumigation and cleaning fees, as I hate getting bills after the fact!

That's the problem with the shippers they don't tell you what you really need to pay.... They try to make the quote look cheap and I think that's wrong. The thing I find funny is if you move to a double story you get charged an extra fee, need to read the fine print!!!!

Archived