My little girl said to me...

B1K3R

So, every morning I drive my little princess to nursery. She is 4 1/2.

We prepared her a lot about our move to OZ. And on the way to school we always have a chat (she talks a lot like her mum!)

"Dad, so how am I going to see grandma and granddad now?"

"Oh love, we will come for holidays to see them and I am sure they'll visit us too!"

"Oh I see. Are my friends coming with us?"

"No sweet, their mum and dad are going to stay here and I am sure that they want to be with their parents. But dont worry love, you'll make many friends in OZ".

pause.....

"So, dad, if I dont like Australia, can we come back then?"

froze for a few seconds...

"Ermm, love, yes of course! We all have to be happy together, so what's the point to stay in OZ anyway if not happy! But I am sure that we will love OZ and have lots of fun! You're gonna love it there, wait and see!"

Oh Lord, I have to make sure she will love OZ! Kids, its amazing what they come up with even at a young age!

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest guest37336
So, every morning I drive my little princess to nursery. She is 4 1/2.

We prepared her a lot about our move to OZ. And on the way to school we always have a chat (she talks a lot like her mum!)

"Dad, so how am I going to see grandma and granddad now?"

"Oh love, we will come for holidays to see them and I am sure they'll visit us too!"

"Oh I see. Are my friends coming with us?"

"No sweet, their mum and dad are going to stay here and I am sure that they want to be with their parents. But dont worry love, you'll make many friends in OZ".

pause.....

"So, dad, if I dont like Australia, can we come back then?"

froze for a few seconds...

"Ermm, love, yes of course! We all have to be happy together, so what's the point to stay in OZ anyway if not happy! But I am sure that we will love OZ and have lots of fun! You're gonna love it there, wait and see!"

Oh Lord, I have to make sure she will love OZ! Kids, its amazing what they come up with even at a young age!

Cheers

B!K3R

9 times out of ten mate, if you are happy, you're kids will be happy. 'May' take a little time but I'm sure as 'family' you will find all OK, and don't forget mate, (as you already know) kids are often far more resilient than us so called 'grown ups'.:wink:

Cheers Tony.:cool:

I know! My youngest can't wait!

Won't go to amusement parcs, he wants to go to OZ!!

He wants to drive his bike and go for a surf every day.

(He's just 4!! )

Hehehe, nice. Yes, mine can't wait to land in OZ too. I think I have been hype-ring her too much. She loves the outdoors, loves the beach, animals, parks, nature and warm weather.

I am sure that she will not want to move from Brissy :) Hopefully my work/play balance will be good.

9 times out of ten mate, if you are happy, you're kids will be happy. 'May' take a little time but I'm sure as 'family' you will find all OK, and don't forget mate, (as you already know) kids are often far more resilient than us so called 'grown ups'.:wink:

Cheers Tony.:cool:

I agree mate! Thansks! ;) She takes after me, a tough one ;)

Archived