WA SMP not coming soon due to its high quota and Already Aprroved Sponsorship

Guest arun123

"forthcoming weeks"..... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: That's all the information they can give to all WA sponsored applicants! I'm tired of this B***@#$$T reply from WA.

Got a reply from WA Migration this morning:

"It is anticipated that the State Migration plan (SMP) may be published in the forthcoming weeks. You may lodge an online application if your occupation is listed in the SMP and if you meet the eligibility criteria.

I hope this is of assistance."

At least it was a different automated one than the previous three :wacko:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragsterwish
Got a reply from WA Migration this morning:

"It is anticipated that the State Migration plan (SMP) may be published in the forthcoming weeks. You may lodge an online application if your occupation is listed in the SMP and if you meet the eligibility criteria.

I hope this is of assistance."

At least it was a different automated one than the previous three :wacko:

Forthcoming WEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Maybe WA is trying to hitch a ride from Santa's reindeer to deliver us the SMP as X'mas present!

:swoon::wacko:

Forthcoming WEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Maybe WA is trying to hitch a ride from Santa's reindeer to deliver us the SMP as X'mas present!

:swoon::wacko:

Well me being the optimist and slightly desperate was hoping for a Xmas co or visa but the best I can hope for now is the release of the smp and a pair if socks! :)

Hi~all

I think that WA`s SMP will be released next year.

Case officers of DIAC cann`t handle with all priority 2.

WA might have an appointment with DIAC to release their SMP.

However, WA might receive a big quota from DIAC.

If WA`s smp will be released more later,it may be good for all applicants who have already got sponsorship.

WA doesn`t have officers enought to handle a big quota.

We should just wait and pray to be included on the WA`s SMP all applicants who have already got sponsorship unless you aren`t going to Australia on tomorrow.

No news is good news.

Sorry, but i don't share ur view. We can't go on like this forever.

It's like hoping for something that is not to come.

There should be no more excuses.

I'm hoping for the immediate release of the SMP, some of us can't put our lives on indefinite hjold forever.

So, WA please don't disappoint us and issue the long awaited SMP already.

Hi~all

I think that WA`s SMP will be released next year.

Case officers of DIAC cann`t handle with all priority 2.

WA might have an appointment with DIAC to release their SMP.

However, WA might receive a big quota from DIAC.

If WA`s smp will be released more later,it may be good for all applicants who have already got sponsorship.

WA doesn`t have officers enought to handle a big quota.

We should just wait and pray to be included on the WA`s SMP all applicants who have already got sponsorship unless you aren`t going to Australia on tomorrow.

No news is good news.

Q4 When are the state and territory Migration Plans being introduced?

The department expects that all Plans will have commenced by the end of the 2010 calendar year, however, Plans for each state and territory will not all commence at the same time.

I think QLD, SA and WA will release their smp's within the first half of december . :biggrin:Tasmania and NSW would be the last as they don't have a big number of applications

All SMP will be released by the end of December as per DIMA SMP FAQ. Lets see when will they release it. We have been waiting for last 1 year so lets wait little more.

Best thing to do is PCC & Medical if you think your trade will be on WA SMP. As i reckon lot of occupation which other states put on their list will be on WA SMP list and it will be broader like NT SMP.

Hi Arun123,

My wife and I are in the same situation as many others on PIO. Approved WA State Sponsorship, and now waiting for SMP.

I am applying as General Electrician, and I am keeping everything crossed that my trade WILL BE on the list.

I see that you suggest doing the PCC's and Medicals? I believe they can be quite costly (espeically the medicals) and are only valid for a certain period of time, so do you really feel it's worth paying for these things and just hoping that we're on the list? Surely there would be a chance that the visa would be issued when there's only a short time left of the validity of PCC/Medicals, and then they would have to be re-done?

Are you that confident that if our trades ARE on the SMP, that all visas will be issued within a year from the SMP release date? It would be great for you to say "YES!" because goodness knows we need some positive thinking!! :wink:

Thanks.

J

Guest arun123

Hi jasonh, If your occpupation General Electrician is on the ACT, VIC & NT list its most probably it will be on WA SMP. Then its advisable to have medical now because instead of wasting 1 month while ur case office will tell you to do medical, might be your decision can be taken same day if your medical and PCC are finalised

PROVIDED u feel that ur decision will be taken within 12 months from the date of medical.

Jason it is a risk to have meds and pccs done before co requesting them. It is a costly risk and I think it is up to the individual themself. Everyone has a different view on things when it comes to meds.

We have done our meds but we are fairly confident to that we will have visa within 12 months. I would never reccommend to others. It's up to you and it's your £££££

Ur words are proving prophetic, so we'll have no more of it!:Randy-git:

WA, issue the SMP this week please.

I'm down on my knees....:arghh:

picking up the pieces.

This week there will be definitely one more state SMP will come but i doubt it, it would not be WA.

Guest dragsterwish
This week there will be definitely one more state SMP will come but i doubt it, it would not be WA.

There is a remaining of 5 weeks in 2010 & also remaining 5 States' SMP yet to be announced. Will DIAC release 1 SMP per week? Nobody knows...

I share your feeling that one more SMP will be announced this week. However, i have this very bad feeling that it's not going to be WA's even though i hope it is! More likely to be QLD's. Since Chris Bowen's website did not retract his media statement of the release of QLD's SMP on 26 Nov, i think its the next to be released & likely this week.

Anyway, judging from the rest of the other State's SMP, it seems that all(?) State have honoured their existing SS holders and placed them in its SMP. So i'm quite sure WA would do so too. I'm proceeding with my medical & other preparation/research for the move to oz. This has indeed kept me busy and sane from the continuous checking of WA & DIAC for SMP release!

Keep your faith and hope!

The department expects that all Plans will have commenced by the end of the 2010 calendar year, however, Plans for each state and territory will not all commence at the same time.

Hi~~

Do you believe that really??

They can make a lot of excuses as we have seen many time.

DIAC has given many pain to old applicants.

WA will not release their SMP in this year.

If WA releases their SMP in this year, boxing day is waitng for us.

As a result, they will not handle in this year.

They have never heard our voice.

So, enjoy your life and forget just a moment.

Australia is not everything for us.

Everythings are only GOD knows why.

cheers

Guest jilkfree1978
There is a remaining of 5 weeks in 2010 & also remaining 5 States' SMP yet to be announced. Will DIAC release 1 SMP per week? Nobody knows...

I share your feeling that one more SMP will be announced this week. However, i have this very bad feeling that it's not going to be WA's even though i hope it is! More likely to be QLD's. Since Chris Bowen's website did not retract his media statement of the release of QLD's SMP on 26 Nov, i think its the next to be released & likely this week.

Anyway, judging from the rest of the other State's SMP, it seems that all(?) State have honoured their existing SS holders and placed them in its SMP. So i'm quite sure WA would do so too. I'm proceeding with my medical & other preparation/research for the move to oz. This has indeed kept me busy and sane from the continuous checking of WA & DIAC for SMP release!!

I emailed Queensland to ask when they would update there website with smp list here is there reply.

Hi xxxx

The announcement below was released prematurely. An announcement will go out when it has been finalised

Regards

Ms Jodie Willis

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 8, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002

Email: Jodie.Willis@deedi.qld.gov.au

Ph: 617 3224 4969 Fax: 617 3404 3692

Work Live Play

The Queensland website has been updated with the following message:

Queensland's State Migration Plan

Important Notice: Queensland's State Migration Plan has not been finalised and the list of occupations for State Nominations has not been released. Please check this website for further information on the week ending 10 December 2010.

Last updated 29 November 2010

So there's hope for next week but it does not offer any guarantees.

Guest dragsterwish

Hi~~

Do you believe that really??

They can make a lot of excuses as we have seen many time.

DIAC has given many pain to old applicants.

WA will not release their SMP in this year.

If WA releases their SMP in this year, boxing day is waitng for us.

As a result, they will not handle in this year.

They have never heard our voice.

So, enjoy your life and forget just a moment.

Australia is not everything for us.

Everythings are only GOD knows why.

cheers

Hi, we all know that DIAC seldom lived up to its standard and we do take what it says/publish with a tinge of salt ... or rather a SPOONFUL of salt! However, unless you have reliable info that "WA will not release their SMP in this year", your statement is also just as salty as DIAC's.

We all wanted the SMPs to be released this year but we are always prepared for the worst whereby it COULD be released next year. But, for goodness sake, pls don't inject more pessimism into the situation. Its better to have hope that each day passed brings us closer to the SMP than to get depressed thinking it wouldn't be released till next year.

However, i do thank you for your advice to "enjoy life & forget just a moment". It really helps though it aren't easy for the many of us here.

Cheers!

Guest dragsterwish
The Queensland website has been updated with the following message:

Important Notice: Queensland's State Migration Plan has not been finalised and the list of occupations for State Nominations has not been released. Please check this website for further information on the week ending 10 December 2010.

Last updated 29 November 2010

So there's hope for next week but it does not offer any guarantees.

Thanks for the info. Maybe that IT guy was supposed to press the upload button for WA? haa...:wink:

to be honest i really hope wa is the last state to release their sponser program. This allow all the WA visaäs to be process more quicker:wink:

Hi, we all know that DIAC seldom lived up to its standard and we do take what it says/publish with a tinge of salt ... or rather a SPOONFUL of salt! However, unless you have reliable info that "WA will not release their SMP in this year", your statement is also just as salty as DIAC's.

We all wanted the SMPs to be released this year but we are always prepared for the worst whereby it COULD be released next year. But, for goodness sake, pls don't inject more pessimism into the situation. Its better to have hope that each day passed brings us closer to the SMP than to get depressed thinking it wouldn't be released till next year.

However, i do thank you for your advice to "enjoy life & forget just a moment". It really helps though it aren't easy for the many of us here.

Cheers!

Dragster what an excellent post and comments.

Couldn't if said it better myself.

Archived