Golf courses on the Sunshine coast?

mr luvpants

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on Golf courses on the sunshine coast and how much they cost to play? The ones that I have I checked seem to be quite expensive and I am hoping that I am missing something?

JOHN

Hi John,

There are plenty of courses on the Sunshine coast. I am a member at Beerwah. For membership you initially pay a one off, $300 nomination fee plus your membership of $580. Then its just the membership fee.

Memberships vary from club to club but anywhere between $400-$5000. If you are a member at one club and want to play at another course you get reciprocal rates. We played at Twin Waters a couple of weeks ago which is a top course. It cost about $85 including a cart. Membership there tho' is normally $3000.

We have 2 on Bribie. The Troon golf course at Pacific Harbour is very expensive but spectacular with a very nice clubhouse and a cheaper one at Woorim and the club house is nice too. I dont play but hubby does - he was amazed at the alcoholic drinks cart that comes round at 7am on the courses here lol. He doesn't take them up on it at that time, I hasten to add.

Both courses have websites, not sure on the prices.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

HI John

If you want to play at different places there are a number of courses to turn up and play. They start at about $40-50 a round. the more exclusive ones are more expensive as others have pointed out.

The more reasonable ones are- Beerwah, Caloundra, Headland, Mount Coolum, Cooroy. All good courses, but I'm not a serious golfer. If you are a low handicapper then you may be a bit fussier than me for course condition. There are also plenty of social golfing groups here, enjoy!!

Dean

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi john

me and me son played 3 times at courses on the Gold coast and it was fantastic, we hired a buggy and it was humid and hot and we loved it, it is a different world out there, i am sure you will find a good affordable course to play on, we paid about £60 for two of us, hiring clubs and a buggy, we thought it was good value.

-18 a couple of days ago here in the uk and the weather forecasters are saying the freezing temperatures are here for several weeks, so golf is the last thing on my mind here until next april, 5 months away.

enjoy it buddy.

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on Golf courses on the sunshine coast and how much they cost to play? The ones that I have I checked seem to be quite expensive and I am hoping that I am missing something?

JOHN

You will have no time to play golf john, you will be playing cops and robbers lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest On the coast

Lots of good courses on the coast ,I play Headland now and again with a few friends, and it's a really good course.If you are joining Queensland Police I'am sure you will have plenty of time to play,they don't seem to catch many crims,so they must be doing something.The cops I know all play from low handicaps,so good job to improve your golf.

Archived