Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'courses'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 29 results

  1. So I'm wanting to move to Australia, permanently. I plan to get a two yearly working holiday visa, and then after this - what are my options? I'm an exotic dancer so I really don't have a career path. While in Australia I'd like to do some beauty courses. Ultimately I'd like to set up my own business which is very doable, weather it's mobile, in home or small store.Is there a visa for me to start a small business and stay in Australia after the two year working holiday visa? Or what are my options, if any, to permanently move and live in Australia?
  2. Hi everybody. I haven't been online for a while. Hope you people are all doing alright :biggrin: As the thread's title suggests, I will start a postgraduate degree online from january on in order to diversify my skills and job opportunities when in Australia. Being interested in environmental management, I have considered so far the following providers: Maquarie, UNE, university of Newcastle and Edit Cowan, all proposing online postgraduates courses in environmental or wildlife management. I have so far search trough this site http://www.gooduniguide.com.au/ and e-mailed all the providers to get more informations, but since the required investment is huge I would be interested to learn about other people experiences or advices, comments on e.g reputation, things I should be aware of, etc.. Thanks in advance :notworthy:, Cedric
  3. A TAFE in Melbourne will commence February 2008 trades training in cabinet making, building and bricklaying (better in Melbourne than hot Sunshine Coast ) If anyone interested they should get in now, only accredited agents of this TAFE have been informed as of today More details will be available soon.
  4. I never bothered to pass my test in the UK as I've always lived somewhere where a car just isn't needed (or practical) but now I'm moving out to Oz I want to be a little more mobile. Is there an Ozzie equivelent to the UK intensive driving courses which you can bash through in a couple of weeks. I'll be based in Sydney and I know that a P license requires you to have so many hours supervised driving logged which makes the intensive course option quite unlikely...but thought i'd ask anyway. Opinions?
  5. The first La Trobe 13 graduates in the Master of Islamic Banking and Finance and Islamic Banking Professional Development courses have successfully secured employment after completing their studies. The statistics show 55% of graduates have found employment in the finance industry, with several taking up managerial roles with institutions such as Deloitte, NAB, ANZ Bank and Shell. Graduates have taken up academic positions in Australia and overseas, are working with Embassies and are in advisory roles with a well-established Muslim financial institution.
  6. Hi I am a Permanent resident and trying to apply for a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment course and hopefully, work is paying for it. According to 3 TAFEs and 1 uni, I qualify for the lower fees as my UK qualifications and degree count for anything so technically, I have no qualifications! I didn't need my O/A Levels or degree assessed by VETASSESS for my visa but to do the short course, Vic Uni insist that my degree is assessed by Skills Victoria (which is free). This whole situation is laughable given that I have never had to prove my qualifications to get a jobs in 3 years! Has anyone else applied to a Uni or TAFE/training provider to do a course having previously done non-Australian qualifications? Cheers Mark
  7. Guest

    Beauty Therapy Courses

    Hi My name is Kerry Im 16 years old and my family are hoping to move out to Melbourne by the end of this year. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good Colleges in Melbourne where i can Study Beauty therapy??? I have done my GCSE's and have just completed my As levels! So does anyone also know what level i would need to apply for at college??? Thanks Kerry
  8. mr luvpants

    Golf courses on the Sunshine coast?

    Hi all Can anyone advise me on Golf courses on the sunshine coast and how much they cost to play? The ones that I have I checked seem to be quite expensive and I am hoping that I am missing something? JOHN
  9. Guest

    Part-time Courses for MS

    Are there colleges offering part-time courses for Embedded Systems in Melbourne/Sydney? Thanks for your help and time.
  10. Does anyone know of any training courses I can take (probably by correspondence) to learn about australian tax and accountancy rules before leaving the UK? I'm a UK qualified chartered accountant and already have PR so I don't need this to get a visa but purely for my own interest. I'm looking for a Financial Controllership type role (which is what I do over here) but would like to know the differences in my job between here and Oz before I go.
  11. Can they simply apply for a student visa in order to lodge a new 885 application? (If they have graduated more than 6 months from the last course and can pass the review from ACS)
  12. Ok for those who dont know me im a bricklayer,dont realy enjoy it anyway and have had worn discs and been going the osteopath/chiropracter over 20 yrs. This very rarely costs me time off work but does cause a lot of discomfort especially when doing lowdown(nosebleed)work. As i say i only enjoy my work when its something different,stonework,english heritage board work/restoration things like that. Basically im bored stiff with it,one on top of two would send a glass eye to sleep,believe me. Altho the way bricklaying is done in oz maybe a bit different,i.e profiles etc,its still one on top of two,and ive had enuf of it. There is also the heat factor to consider ,and im not overfussed on working in the sun in the S.A summer. So altho im not 100% against working as a bricky in oz,i would like to try something different. So! has anyone got any ideas on the cost of course that might lead to work,such as 360% excavator courses,JCB courses,or any other type of plant courses that are in demand? The other thing is after completing these courses do yer start off on rookie pay kind of thing,and what is the pay anyway? So thx in advance for any replies,no rentboy suggestions either thx(im too old for all that:wink:)
  13. For a country like Australia that has recently come to rely very much on the international student industry this has to be bad news. Steep slump in English spooks sector | The Australian
  14. Hi, Is there anyone that is currently studying or have studied midwifery here in Australia? If so would you be able to give me a general run down of how hard the course is ? Obviously i don't expect it to be a breeze, but how long do the courses run for? How has it affected your home life, (i have 3 children, 11, 7 and 3). How much do the courses cost? etc........... I am really interested in doing this, but have been a stay at home Mum for the last 11 years, so am a bit out of practice on the job/studying front. And having only lived here in perth for the last 2 years everything if different from that of the UK. Any advice would be greatly appreciated jen.
  15. I've been doing a bit of looking on the TAFE Victoria site but am more confused now:confused: What courses would I have to take in order to qualify as a general electrician in Oz???
  16. Hi Basically, we'll be moving to Qld in August/September this year. I'll be 18. Brother will be 16. My intention is to do a Diploma in IT and then carry on to Uni, but my brother wants to work with animals. I've found a list of stuff that he could potentially do... - TAFE Queensland All over the TAFE website it mentions stuff about Certificate 2/3/4 in Captive Animals and stuff like that which sounds like it's quite similar to something he was hoping to go on and do after GCSE's here. So he'll be of school leaving age by the time we get there anyway and will have finished year 11 (GCSE's done) here. So is there anything in particular that will stop him doing one of those kinds of courses and will it matter which level he does i.e. Cert 2, 3 or 4?? Any help (pleeeeease) Luke
  17. My family and I are hoping to move to oz in a few years, my hubby is a chippie and has done this for 18 years so we will probably be using his trade on the visa application, but we are waiting for me to complete my accounting studies, as once I am a fully qualified accountant with acca I understand I can just transfer to the australian equivalent, I think....someone stop me if I am wrong, but I have read somewhere I would obviously need to do a bridging course of some description and I was wondering if anyone knows how long this takes (approx) and how much it costs or where I could look for further information. Sorry to bother you all, I hope someone can help, Take Care, Sam x
  18. Guest

    Art and design courses in Oz

    Hi everyone My daughter has just had her interview to go to college in the UK, she was originally goinf to do 4 A levels including Photography and graphics (she wants to be a photographer) At her interview the art tutor has recommended that she does a Btech in art and design, as it will open up other avenues for her when she comes to going to Uni, including architecture fashion design and loads of other things, she will do little bits of each subject in her first year and then specialise in hr second year in her chosen field, it will also mean she wont have to do a foundation art degree prior to going to Uni. Shes been offered as place, which is great as they only have 18 places, pending her getting 4 GCSE's. She sat 3 last year a year early and is doing another 8 this year so Im pretty certain she is going to get in. The tutor was blown away by her portfolio, and couldnt believe a girl of her age could produce the work she has, she actually kept some to display, and thought one of her photographs was a postcard! So now she is saying she thinks she definately doesn want to come toOz as the course sounds so good, so I need to find something similar over there we have applied on a 176 family sponsorship visa, so we are looking at a fair old wait anyway so would imagine she may have already finsihed her first year here, at the rate things are going, I dont want to leave her here, but do want whats best for her, there is an option for her to stay with my parents and finish her course, but beacuse the way her birthday falls she will be almost 19 by then (born beg of Sept) and it will be so hard to get her to Oz........................ Any suggestions?
  19. Hi everybody can anybody advise me . I need to go on a 1st aid course to get my electrical licence . wheres the best place to go in perth and what course do I need to go on thedooners
  20. Hi, just wondered if anyone could give me any information on the best value courses in the Gold Coast area with regards to MYOB ... .. Sage is not so recognisable over here. I hope that bit of info helps any people still in the UK but heading over here to do office work, particularly accounts payable & receivable, an online course may be the way to go!! I need to gain some certificates fast! Its a bit of a minefield :goofy:, so any information appreciated.. Thanks Pippin
  21. Hi all, can anyone recommend a training centre in the UK for an AQF level 3 Carpentry / Joinery qualification please? Also any ideas on how much this will cost? Unfortunately the OH has no formal qualifications, although been in the trade for at least 10 years & is more than capeable!!! Been told we have to go via TRA due to our circumstances!! Seems very unfair seeing Vetasses don't require a formal qualification! It's soo frustrating!!!:arghh: Thanks.
  22. mr luvpants

    Golf courses near springfield lakes

    Hi all We have just had a reccie to SL and went to a golf course and it was bloody expensive! I think it was called Augusta? Are there any others around that are more reasonable? JOHN
  23. Hi, My wife has been a nursing sister for 20 years and has a huge range of qualified nursing skills. After taking the last 7 years off to raise our family would love to re train (as continuous employment is required for jobs) when we come out to OZ next year (if we sell our house) Does anyone know where we should start and if there are re-training courses avail? We come out on my bisiness visa so Sharon will have a full work visa. JC
  24. Guest

    student courses

    hi used this site for a while and its very usefull,we are in the early stages of emigrating and are going on a student visa,i have been given a list of courses but are mostly for men,eg,bricklaying,engineering does any one have any idea where i could get imformation on college courses as my case officer says i can look for some others and she would see if they would be suitable. thanks for any help given.
  25. Guest

    Different student courses

    Myself & my boyfriend are prob going to look into the student visa route (as we have no trade) and would like to thank people for the info they've given us on this site in the last few days! Been looking at different courses on TAFE WA (as hoping for Perth), but just wondered if anyone knows if a trade course in something like bricklayer/plumbing is cheaper than other types of courses - ie youth work/welfare work? Found a site that says its better for PR to go for a trade such as bricklaying ?? I think the student visa route is the only option for us, but I'm just a bit worried about the whole cost of it all!! Would appreciate any comments!