Guest machang
Name: lisaford

Date of SMP application: 6th November 2010

Trade/proffession: Chef

Nationality: British

ILETS: 7.0

Visa type: 176

Lisa,

Welcome to PIO,lets hope that all of us can taste some great brits foods in OZ made by you :chatterbox:

Guest Mongobear

Hey Lisa,

thanks for joining us. Your details are added to the first page. Just yell in case something's moving.

Good luck to you !

Uli

The VIC SS was upto 8 weeks, now I am looking at the status it says it will take upto 12 weeks,when did this change?

While there was a statement "upto 8 weeks" on their website, in their FAQs and booklets it has always been "12 weeks". So in fact nothing has changed, they just fixed a misprint.

I had not recieved an acknowledgment of the declaration I had resent so i emailed them asking if they recieved it and they sent me the standard acknowledgment today.

I appointed the agent after lodging my application. since we did not hear anything I sent few emails, my agent sent them a fax as well and then they had replied saying not to email or fax that its clogging their mail box. I guess if they reply to a persons initial enquiry such things won't happen.

They just sit back and wait and when people enquire they complain that their mail boxes are filling up!! :mad:

Guest VickyMel
They just sit back and wait and when people enquire they complain that their mail boxes are filling up!! :mad:

Another way of looking at this would be - they have spend time replying to people who keep asking how their is going rather than processing applications?

If you look back through this thread you will see that the 8-12 weeks suggested by VIC was never set in stone - it used to depend when the industrial panel for the specific job type met. Some people waited a few days - some up to 26 weeks...

In a previous thread someone who had waited about 20 weeks emailed to ask how things were going - if I remember correctly it was their 3rd enquiry. They were bluntly told that if they enquired again their application would be removed from the system and would no longer be considered.

VIC do not like you bugging them - and given that they were the first state to open their SMP and looking at the lists of people who have applied on this forum and others I imagine they are inundated with applications.

They have only been open 5 weeks and their web site says 12 weeks - I'd give them a break for now.

You should have a SS-2010-**** number though.

VickyMel

Guest machang
I appointed the agent after lodging my application. since we did not hear anything I sent few emails, my agent sent them a fax as well and then they had replied saying not to email or fax that its clogging their mail box. I guess if they reply to a persons initial enquiry such things won't happen.

Machang,

VIC is giving us free service. So can not expect more :Randy-git: .on the other hand, ACT, taking money from prospective applicant and giving good service. $$$$ makes huge difference :eek:

Machang,

VIC is giving us free service. So can not expect more :Randy-git: .on the other hand, ACT, taking money from prospective applicant and giving good service. $$$$ makes huge difference :eek:

According to this logic (the more money paid, the better service is provided) DIAC should have been service champions. Unfortunately, this is not exactly the case:chatterbox:

Name:ydewit

Date of SMP application:03 december 2010

Trade/profession:General Plumber

Nationality:The Netherlands

IELTS (if applicable):6.0/6.5/6.5/7.0

Visa type:176

DIAC Priority if applicable):2

We're applied as well :jiggy:

Guest machang
According to this logic (the more money paid, the better service is provided) DIAC should have been service champions. Unfortunately, this is not exactly the case:chatterbox:

Sorry for the ignorance . I have never deal with DIAC as yet. :cute:

Guest Mongobear
Name:ydewit

Date of SMP application:03 december 2010

Trade/profession:General Plumber

Nationality:The Netherlands

IELTS (if applicable):6.0/6.5/6.5/7.0

Visa type:176

DIAC Priority if applicable):2

We're applied as well :jiggy:

Let's welcome our first December candidate, ladies !

Hello ydewit - your details have been added to the first page. Good luck mate.

Oranje !

Guest Lankan1

You didn't receive the acknowledgment after sending the declaration for the second time ??

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome to the forum Lisa

Guest Mongobear
Please accept my apologies, I forgot to add the following

CaseNo Increased: Yes (from 2010-02XXX to 2010-03XXXX)

Delays/further docs requested:None

SS received:-

comments:

OK, you're in !

Guest Mongobear
Please update my IELTS score

IELTS (if applicable): 7/8.5/7/7

Updated and congratulations my friend. This is a very good score !

Another way of looking at this would be - they have spend time replying to people who keep asking how their is going rather than processing applications?

If you look back through this thread you will see that the 8-12 weeks suggested by VIC was never set in stone - it used to depend when the industrial panel for the specific job type met. Some people waited a few days - some up to 26 weeks...

In a previous thread someone who had waited about 20 weeks emailed to ask how things were going - if I remember correctly it was their 3rd enquiry. They were bluntly told that if they enquired again their application would be removed from the system and would no longer be considered.

VIC do not like you bugging them - and given that they were the first state to open their SMP and looking at the lists of people who have applied on this forum and others I imagine they are inundated with applications.

They have only been open 5 weeks and their web site says 12 weeks - I'd give them a break for now.

You should have a SS-2010-**** number though.

VickyMel

Agree... but a simple acknowledgement to state that "we have recieved your Agents request form to act on behalf of you" would have not created a string of emails.

I did get a SS-2010-**** but half way through it changed... not sure what it is now.

Archived