new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did they send you this email? Did you make any inquiry to them?

No, they have been sending this email since 3 days ago. Remember first guy who copy/past this email here. The email shows application process has been started. All of us should receive this email in order we sent applications.

Guest Mongobear
No, they have been sending this email since 3 days ago. Remember first guy who copy/past this email here. The email shows application process has been started. All of us should receive this email in order we sent applications.

I did not receive a single mail from VIC since applying apart from two reminders to finish my incomplete applications (there were two of them). So my applications either was ultra-perfect :biggrin: or they didn't look at it at all ...

I did not receive a single mail from VIC since applying apart from two reminders to finish my incomplete applications (there were two of them). So my applications either was ultra-perfect :biggrin: or they didn't look at it at all ...

Same here...I'm thinking they have'nt bothered looking at my application!!:daydreaming:

Guest shnapper

+1, I've named the declaration with the unique name that contained my name and surname in it.

Could you add me to the timeline as well?

Date of SMP application: 4 November

Trade/profession: Software Engineer (J2EE)

Nationality: Russian

IELTS (if applicable): 7.0

Visa type: 457, 175/176 haven't lodged application yet

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: nope

Application number SS-2010-22xx

Guest Lankan1

Me too didn't receive a single feedback! :confused:

Guest Mongobear
+1, I've named the declaration with the unique name that contained my name and surname in it.

Could you add me to the timeline as well?

Date of SMP application: 4 November

Trade/profession: Software Engineer (J2EE)

Nationality: Russian

IELTS (if applicable): 7.0

Visa type: 457, 175/176 haven't lodged application yet

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: nope

Application number SS-2010-22xx

Hello Russian No. 3 :wink:

thanks for coming to our thread. Your details are addedd to the first page.

Good luck !

Uli

Guest Mongobear

By the way, almost 70% of applicants on our list are ICT-people :eek: Historically VIC had a pretty high refusal rate so we should be prepared for some disappointment ...

Guest shnapper
Hello Russian No. 3 :wink:

thanks for coming to our thread. Your details are addedd to the first page.

Good luck !

Uli

Thanks Uli!

Good luck to u too!! We all will need it. Hopefully, we'll start a new year with approved SS

Guest Lankan1
Thanks Uli!

Good luck to u too!! We all will need it. Hopefully, we'll start a new year with approved SS

Oh ya! that's a very positive thought :wubclub:

Dear all,

If you did not receive any email regarding your declaration, it means your initial declaration has been successfully attached to your application.

And about last email I copy/paste it here, I am sure they send it to everyone before his/her application is processed in industry panel.

Please check previous posts from one of us on 7 Dec. 2010. He submitted his application on 4th. Nov. 2010, me too but I received email today. It takes time for all people to receive this email. Don't worry, all of us receive this email. :spinny:

Guest Lankan1
Dear all,

If you did not receive any email regarding your declaration, it means your initial declaration has been successfully attached to your application.

And about last email I copy/paste it here, I am sure they send it to everyone before his/her application is processed in industry panel.

Please check previous posts from one of us on 7 Dec. 2010. He submitted his application on 4th. Nov. 2010, me too but I received email today. It takes time for all people to receive this email. Don't worry, all of us receive this email. :spinny:

That's a good analysis!

Which assessment you submitted them ASCO or ANZSCO ?

Guest Lankan1

Guys,

Saw this from another forum

"From recent history Vic seem to have rejected about 70% of IT applicants, most who got accepted seem to have been Unix and SAP."

Looking scary!:confused:

It seems VIC prefer network security people as well! What will happen to us programmers, developers!!!!

Why the hell we see lot of such job opportunities in online job sites and Victoria government reject the same saying lack of employability. So sad :cry:

Guys,

Saw this from another forum

"From recent history Vic seem to have rejected about 70% of IT applicants, most who got accepted seem to have been Unix and SAP."

Looking scary!:confused:

It seems VIC prefer network security people as well! What will happen to us programmers, developers!!!!

Why the hell we see lot of such job opportunities in online job sites and Victoria government reject the same saying lack of employability. So sad :cry:

Are you sure about the source of news?

I have also read it on this blog and other blogs that approximately only 30% of IT applicants get VIC sponsorship. But I am not giving up, if I dont get it this time, I will simply wait till June 2011 and apply again. Maybe at that time they will consider people who had applied previously unsuccessfully and also at that time they will have a fresh new quota of 4500 to fill up for the program year do hopefully there will be a better chance of getting it then.

Guest Lankan1
Are you sure about the source of news?

You don't have to worry as you're network security. Source : another forum like this & non of us cannot assure, but I have heard that VIC is tough with IT people and I just don't know why?? Because as I see Victoria got quiet a lot of IT jobs than other states such as WA, SA, QLD. It will second only to ACT & NSW. This is just crazy, I cannot totally scrap it as it was a forum post something should be there!!!

Any clue other developers, programmers, SEs ??

Guest Lankan1

Any of you ICT guys send them scanned educational certificates, employment letters?? If so where did you attached them?, I guess online application does not request you to send anything else other than ACS, IELTS, CV and declaration. When I'm reading the above forum, some of them had mentioned that they have sent scanned certified certificates too!!!

Guest machang
Any of you ICT guys send them scanned educational certificates, employment letters?? If so where did you attached them?, I guess online application does not request you to send anything else other than ACS, IELTS, CV and declaration. When I'm reading the above forum, some of them had mentioned that they have sent scanned certified certificates too!!!

I just sent only IELTS,CV and declaration . ACS letter sent via email later date .however no one dial my number as yet :arghh:

You don't have to worry as you're network security. Source : another forum like this & non of us cannot assure, but I have heard that VIC is tough with IT people and I just don't know why?? Because as I see Victoria got quiet a lot of IT jobs than other states such as WA, SA, QLD. It will second only to ACT & NSW. This is just crazy, I cannot totally scrap it as it was a forum post something should be there!!!

Any clue other developers, programmers, SEs ??

All of us just know 2 persons granted VIC SS with network security and both of them applied before 1st July 2010, so there is not good evidence of approval for network security people.

Archived