new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Mongobear
Yesterday I was requested to sign the declaration and send it back. Today I got a confirmation that the declaration was received. But my case ID hasn't changed till now.

BAM! Added to the first page. :biggrin:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning ladies,

I've just finished "pimp my thread". I've done a little clean-up and removed all the "N/A" and "not yet". I thought it's more readable that way.

Furthermore "Tataaaaa !!" we've got a COLORCODE now. :gingerbreadhouse:

This is what it looks like:

VIC Sponsorship applied = Green

VIC Sponsorship approved = Blue

VIC Sponsorship rejected = Brown like poooooo

comments = Red

I've also added the "case ID changed" and "declaration requested" infos to the first page. Please check your details yourself and let me know if something is missing or wrong.

That's the latest news.

Cheerio

Uli

Thanks and well done. It is really more readable and understandable. I hope all of us changed to BLUE :wink:

Dear all,

I announced VIC that my ACS assessment is going to be expired soon. I received the following email today. It contains some useful information about all of us.

1st) It tells processing time is 12 weeks upon receipt of a complete application. As they asked me to send additional declaration form and I have done on 29 Nov so it seems the start date of this 12 weeks is 29 Nov for me not 4 Nov which was my application submission!!!

2nd) They mentioned my old case ID and apologized for case ID confusion so it seems all the old case ID is correct and new case ID which all of us have experienced recently is false.

3rd) This email contains this sentence "You will be contacted via email about the status of your application when necessary". What is the concept of "necessary" in this sentence?!

4th) All of us should back to bed and sleep till this cold winter and 12 weeks is passed. :biggrin:

--------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. Your reference number is SS-2010-021XX. We apologise for any confusion.

As stated on our website, due to technical issues, the 'Tracking' function has been removed. You will be contacted via email about the status of your application when necessary.

Please note that the current processing time for Victorian sponsorship is approximately twelve weeks upon receipt of a complete application. We do not prioritise applications based upon individual circumstances.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-021XX in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

Level 20, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000

Immigrate to Work and Live in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, Australia - Live in Victoria |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Guest Mongobear

Hi md808 (or anyone else),

what did the subject field in the eMail look like? I want to send them a request and would like to make it easy for them to assign it to my application.

Was was the sender's address? This one: "smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au" ?

Thanks

Uli

Hi Uli,

thanks a lot for doing this good work and put all information together!!! It is very good to read now. But one thing... could you change this: My ID-Number has NOT increased! It was always the same. Thank you! :notworthy:

Cheers

Sandy

Guest Lankan1
Dear all,

I announced VIC that my ACS assessment is going to be expired soon. I received the following email today. It contains some useful information about all of us.

1st) It tells processing time is 12 weeks upon receipt of a complete application. As they asked me to send additional declaration form and I have done on 29 Nov so it seems the start date of this 12 weeks is 29 Nov for me not 4 Nov which was my application submission!!!

How did you guess above bold, it should be from 4th Nov, the original submission date!

Guest Mongobear
Hi Uli,

thanks a lot for doing this good work and put all information together!!! It is very good to read now. But one thing... could you change this: My ID-Number has NOT increased! It was always the same. Thank you! :notworthy:

Cheers

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

sorry for that. It's corrected. Must have been a copy/paste error since I'm aware that your ID hasn't changed.

Uli

Hi md808 (or anyone else),

what did the subject field in the eMail look like? I want to send them a request and would like to make it easy for them to assign it to my application.

Was was the sender's address? This one: "smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au" ?

Thanks

Uli

Email address is: smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Subject: First name LAST NAME, Ref: SS-2010-021XX

Dear all,

How did you guess above bold, it should be from 4th Nov, the original submission date!

Because they said 12 weeks upon receipt of a complete application. I think our applications were completed when they asked us to send additional declaration and we did.

Guest Lankan1

Because they said 12 weeks upon receipt of a complete application. I think our applications were completed when they asked us to send additional declaration and we did.

Feeling so down, since myself & some others were not asked to send this second declaration, I don't know when this 12 weeks counting will start for us :arghh: duration to be spent from 4th to what ever date till they say something, feels like living inside a black hole in outer space :cry:

Feeling so down, since myself & some others were not asked to send this second declaration, I don't know when this 12 weeks counting will start for us :arghh: duration to be spent from 4th to what ever date till they say something, feels like living inside a black hole in outer space :cry:

I am sorry if I caused you sad but I have to share their emails together to know more about future. :unsure:

Guest Lankan1

I am sorry if I caused you sad but I have to share their emails together to know more about future. :unsure:

Hey mate, not hurt because you shared it, I'm still trying to figure out whats the reality of this time line.

Hi Lankan

I know exactly how you feel! Some received a conformation for sending this declaration, we and some others don't. I am worried aswell and all this is so confusing! But probably this means nothing at all. Probably it depends witch officer you get.

And I know its truly a hard time all this waiting! I am already an addict whos checking all those webssites for getting more information! It's weird!!

I think we shoulden't count on this 12 weeks. I don't belive it will be exactly 12 weeks from sending our documents. Some will get the ss sooner others later. This is Australia we will get use to it!!!

So head up!!! Don't let you feel down anymore! It isn't worth it!!!

Sandy

:hug:

Guest Lankan1

Hi Lankan

I know exactly how you feel! Some received a conformation for sending this declaration, we and some others don't. I am worried aswell and all this is so confusing! But probably this means nothing at all. Probably it depends witch officer you get.

And I know its truly a hard time all this waiting! I am already an addict whos checking all those webssites for getting more information! It's weird!!

I think we shoulden't count on this 12 weeks. I don't belive it will be exactly 12 weeks from sending our documents. Some will get the ss sooner others later. This is Australia we will get use to it!!!

So head up!!! Don't let you feel down anymore! It isn't worth it!!!

Sandy

:hug:

Thanks Sandy :wubclub:

Hey mate, not hurt because you shared it, I'm still trying to figure out whats the reality of this time line.

Just take it easy, I have lots of friends immigrated or immigrating to Australia. One of them applied her 134 Visa application (equivalent to current 175 Visa) in August 2007 but her application ceased by lots of law change in June 2010, there was no problem in her application at all. Her nominated occupation was 2231-11 which was not in MODL/CSL list. This caused her application was not in on-demand list for DIAC and got delayed processing.

The minister changed the immigration rules and ceased all applications had sent before 1 September 2007. This caused more than 15,000 applications to be dropped for ever! One of them is my friend.

Also it is worthy to know that I was rejected by Victoria in March 2010 but applied again on 4th Nov. 2010.

I am sure part of life is not in our hand at all.

I was waiting for 13 weeks to get ACS assessment letter. I got gloomy after 1 week of positive result received because I didn't have anything to worry about !

I appreciate current time because after 12 weeks (VIC said) I don't have anything to worry about! neither granted nor rejected

Sorry for my long speech! :no:

Just take it easy, I have lots of friends immigrated or immigrating to Australia. One of them applied her 134 Visa application (equivalent to current 175 Visa) in August 2007 but her application ceased by lots of law change in June 2010, there was no problem in her application at all. Her nominated occupation was 2231-11 which was not in MODL/CSL list. This caused her application was not in on-demand list for DIAC and got delayed processing.

The minister changed the immigration rules and ceased all applications had sent before 1 September 2007. This caused more than 15,000 applications to be dropped for ever! One of them is my friend.

Also it is worthy to know that I was rejected by Victoria in March 2010 but applied again on 4th Nov. 2010.

I am sure part of life is not in our hand at all.

I was waiting for 13 weeks to get ACS assessment letter. I got gloomy after 1 week of positive result received because I didn't have anything to worry about !

I appreciate current time because after 12 weeks (VIC said) I don't have anything to worry about! neither granted nor rejected

Sorry for my long speech! :no:

Good Luck for all of us:smile:

Guest machang

Guys, this is from another forum

"My application was received Nov.12. Declaration requested today (Dec.3).

In addition to "no hard copy required" they have added to the email:

"We understand that you may have attached this document to your application however due to a technical error this has not been received by the Skilled and Business Migration Program."

Guest Lankan1
Guys, this is from another forum

"My application was received Nov.12. Declaration requested today (Dec.3).

In addition to "no hard copy required" they have added to the email:

"We understand that you may have attached this document to your application however due to a technical error this has not been received by the Skilled and Business Migration Program."

Which means, we cannot correlate the possibility of granting the SS and requesting the declaration for second time! This is a great news macho!

Guest machang
Which means, we cannot correlate the possibility of granting the SS and requesting the declaration for second time! This is a great news macho!

However, do not 4get, this is Australia. :biglaugh:

I have read some of the older posts from the guy in the other forum who recieved Victoria SS yesterday. From what I see, even though he applied for SS on the 4th of November when the new SMP was released, he had also previously applied to Victoria in July just before the Skills Sponsorship applications were suspended. I know in the past few weeks since the release of the SMP, most or all of the people who had applied for Victoria before the applications were suspended, received their SS Grant. So in my opinion it may be possible he got the SS based on his earlier application before Victoria SS was suspended. I sent a few of you the link to that forum so you can also read his previous posts and see what conclusion you come to... but if that is the case , then we cannot consider him a new VIC SS Applicant and start panicking coz most of us have not heard anything yet... I still think it may be a few more weeks before Victoria gives the geenuinely new Vic SS Applicants a decision regaridng sponsorship. As we know, there has been a change in government in Victoria, and chances are high that the new government will want to have its say in all aspects including Skilled Migration in Victoria and maybe even put some of its own choice of people in the Industry Panels..if that is the case, then the industry panels would be reconstituted and this would take a bit of time ...remember it was previously a labour government and with the rivalry between labour and the Coalition, the new coalition government wouldnt want to continue with a panel that was purely selected by a labour government and it would obviusly want to choose new members of the panel. Maybe this is the reason why they changed the time frame for waiting for a decision from 8 weeks to 12 weeks. OK but this is just my opinion, I have no idea how the panels are selected or whether they are changed by the incoming government. I will send a message to Allan Collett or George Lombard as they are experienced in this and may give us an idea on this.

Reply from George Lombard regarding above post :

Hi Lex,

I don't think the industry panels are all that political. Should be business as usual.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Archived