Help ! - anywhere to smoke at Dubai Airport

twinsmom65

Well our tickets are booked and we are flying Emirates via Dubai.

We have 2 long legs of flights, and as a smoker, does anyone know if there is a spot at Dubai Airport that I can have a fag break!!!

I pray to go there is, otherwise I might completly lose the plot :biggrin:

Cheers

Karen

with cigarettes costing about $20 a packet in oz, it would be best if you psych yourself up to stop smoking sooner rather than later. I gave up smoking a month after i got here as i couldnt afford to carry on. The good news is that pill/chewing gum to help stop smoking are much cheaper here than in the UK

with cigarettes costing about $20 a packet in oz, it would be best if you psych yourself up to stop smoking sooner rather than later. I gave up smoking a month after i got here as i couldnt afford to carry on. The good news is that pill/chewing gum to help stop smoking are much cheaper here than in the UK

Thanks Bogan Bear..... but after 2 years in Oz, we hare heading home to Canada !!!

Looking forward to buying my Indian cigs for $20 for 200 LOL

Cheers

Karen

Thanks Bogan Bear..... but after 2 years in Oz, we hare heading home to Canada !!!

Looking forward to buying my Indian cigs for $20 for 200 LOL

Cheers

Karen

ENJOY your ciggies Karen:jiggy: AND canada,but for waiting a few months till i seen the ad in the paper i COULD have been living in vancouver now:sad::wink:

Guest guest30085

Hi karen

I flew with Emirates in June. There are smoking rooms which are situated down at one end of the terminal.

Now Im a smoker, but believe me - after 2 minutes in one of those rooms - you wont need to smoke again as you will have inhaled enough smoke for a lifetime! The rooms are so bad that most just stand outside of them :)

Best of luck for your journey home xx

Guest guest30085
jo_4_full.jpg

Emirates Business Class lounges allow smoking upstairs darlings! one finds it so civilised!

They will only let me in cattle class . . . . . . . . . :no:

Guest siamsusie
They will only let me in cattle class . . . . . . . . . :no:

:biggrin:Nothing surpises me Adonna, nothing, people I find are so discriminatory these days:elvis:.:hug:

Guest guest30085
:biggrin:Nothing surpises me Adonna, nothing, people I find are so discriminatory these days:elvis:.:hug:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

:laugh:

Guest siamsusie
Upstairs on the plane susie?

Sure Pablo, upstairs on the A380's when they are working turn right.... front 20 seats reserved for smokers, so that the non smokers passively enjoy their trip:jiggy:

NB Newsflash... On board smoking brought back by popular demand!

NB No Tradies!!

Having just returned from 5 weeks in Europe, one of the things I noticed (my perception only) is that a lot more people smoke in Europe than Australia.

The also still allow smoking in restaurants, pubs etc.

I was a bit shocked in Spain that the guy behind the counter in one pub where the serving tapas stood back and lit up not far from the food.

I think europe has a way to go to catch up in the anti-smoking area in public places.

This wasn't in UK, but I visited France, Spain, Italy and every second person seems to smoke.

Particularly young girls, 17,18,19 etc.

Having just returned from 5 weeks in Europe, one of the things I noticed (my perception only) is that a lot more people smoke in Europe than Australia.

The also still allow smoking in restaurants, pubs etc.

I was a bit shocked in Spain that the guy behind the counter in one pub where the serving tapas stood back and lit up not far from the food.

I think europe has a way to go to catch up in the anti-smoking area in public places.

This wasn't in UK, but I visited France, Spain, Italy and every second person seems to smoke.

Particularly young girls, 17,18,19 etc.

Hi Parleycross,

I totally agree with you about Europe and their smoking.

I am moving back to an even more anti smoking country - Canada:) and will have to freeze outside in winter in temps of -10 just to enjoy one ciggie lol.... I have vowed to try and quit by next summer, something I have been wanting to do again (had quit for 6 years), but with all the stress now is not a good time lol

Cheers

Karen

Hi Parleycross,

I totally agree with you about Europe and their smoking.

I am moving back to an even more anti smoking country - Canada:) and will have to freeze outside in winter in temps of -10 just to enjoy one ciggie lol.... I have vowed to try and quit by next summer, something I have been wanting to do again (had quit for 6 years), but with all the stress now is not a good time lol

Cheers

Karen

Good for you. You will save a fortune and your health will be much better for it.

Why don't you plan to have your last ciggie in Australia and start off clean when you get to Canada

Archived