Reality has hit home - So stressed

twinsmom65

Guest GillianM

1996 was the year i had my youngest! we have booked the flights with Malaysia Airlines and it was only $4000 for the 4 of us. Im getting a consultant round from OSS for quote on shipping stuff home but i would rather sell it all to be honest but dont know many folk so don't know how to go about selling it. Put a thread on here about selling or taking home but hardly anyone replied to it. Weather not been great here and were in middle of November! i have not had 2 days in a row good weather since weve arrived! Were all looking forward in going home now and try enjoy the time we have left here.

Gillian

Guest Mike&Fiona
1996 was the year i had my youngest! we have booked the flights with Malaysia Airlines and it was only $4000 for the 4 of us. Im getting a consultant round from OSS for quote on shipping stuff home but i would rather sell it all to be honest but dont know many folk so don't know how to go about selling it. Put a thread on here about selling or taking home but hardly anyone replied to it. Weather not been great here and were in middle of November! i have not had 2 days in a row good weather since weve arrived! Were all looking forward in going home now and try enjoy the time we have left here.

Gillian

Thats a good price for flights, well done!

Weather is bad just now, yesterday was great and today just rain. Sitting here at home back with jumpers on, weird. Christmas time is also a very hard time to be away from home, I can't get into the xmas spirit. I've usually got all my xmas pressies bought by now, I haven't even started yet, yikes!

Remember if you fancy meeting up for a coffee or something just give me a shout, I'm usually around on Wednesdays as this is my day off.

Anyway you take with all your planning. Sounds like you have most things under control.

Fiona

Hi Twinsmom65 I gotta ask why move from Canada to Perth?? To me living in Canada would be a lovely dream!! Thinking if it was up to me I'd prefer Canada but hubby has 2 sisters in Perth so thats where we're going (hopefully!!!)

Hi Paulswin,

We moved as we just wanted to try something different. I love Canada, and even though I wasn't born in Canada (lived the first 15 years in the UK), I have truly embraced the Canadian culture and way of life.

Also my OH was in construction, and kept getting laid off, and didn't enjoy working in the winters that much. We are returning as he has been laid off here from his job (office job), and it has been almost 2 months now, and nothing on the horizon for him.

I was very lucky to land my old job back in Canada, and that is the driving force behind our move, not only that, but my twins were teenagers (almost 17 now) when we moved and have not really settled since day 1.

So all in all, now that I have now sold nearly 90% of my stuff, I am beginning to relax, I still have 2 weeks of work left, and then plan to relax and enjoy my last 5 days in Australia.

But on the plus side, I am very much looking forward to a white christmas, and the lovey christmassy atmosphere in Canada, something which totally lacks here in Perth. Oh and looking forward to next summer... nice temps in the low 30s and daylight savings again.

Cheers

Karen

Archived