What you'l miss and look forward to

pablo

Miserable day up here,just having a ponder on what i KNOW i'l miss from my town,im sure most people are the same?

Been done to death this no doubt but san fairy ann.

Anyway this is what i'l miss,the old buildings,the river and the three graces and the craic!cant see it being the same craic in oz tbh

[YOUTUBE]o_aaGT5ywKg[/YOUTUBE]

Saturday afternoon,coopers bar,its like this every day,i dont bother with the "trendy" alehouses,no character!

[YOUTUBE]_ynME6ie96E[/YOUTUBE]

Heres what im looking forward to,to hopefully compensate,the ocean,i love the mersey and water/ocean,will you miss anything?

[YOUTUBE]2G3ZnXMLQGE[/YOUTUBE]

Il miss the lakes , the character cities like London , Leeds and Manchester , but I won't miss freezing cold rain like we've had today ! And I won't miss sitting in the van with the engine running shivering ! It's grim ! Sat and sun I was in love with England roofing in a t shirt , today it's my worst enemy !

Il miss the lakes , the character cities like London , Leeds and Manchester , but I won't miss freezing cold rain like we've had today ! And I won't miss sitting in the van with the engine running shivering ! It's grim ! Sat and sun I was in love with England roofing in a t shirt , today it's my worst enemy !

Made of sugar are yer mick?:wink:,i'l miss ambleside/rydal and grassmere tbh

Guest guest37336

Good thread mate, by the way, loved the music that accompanied those videos, even the Karaoke one.:wink::wubclub:

Have a look below at what I look forward to and miss Pablo, from left to right,

Miss, English Woodland, nothing like it. The Barmy Army in the UK.

Look forward to, Broome Jetty, ahhhhhh. And Petes Bar Palm Cove, Cairns where I met my second wife, even though it didn't last, it was one hell of a ride. :chatterbox::cry::wubclub:

Cheers Tony.

Believe it or not i watched a documentary about an aussie on tour with the barmy army tone.

Only watched it because it was about the fans,NOT really the cricket,the fellah in the foreground is one of the main ones,i know that much,he was happy following england,but his life seemed really sad,divorced,didnt see his kids either i dont think,good docu tho!

I'll miss lots of things. In no particular order:

Green countryside and hills (especially the lakes, but the whole of the UK countryside is so green and I'll miss it all)

Quaint little villages

English pubs

Christmas in the winter and roaring log fires when its miserable outside

Being in the UK when there is a big sporting event like the World Cup - love the atmosphere (and suddenly everyone 'likes' each other, figure that one out!)

Wimbledon

The music scene in the UK - think we take it for granted how accessible the UK is for music fans such as festivals, gigs etc.

The British sense of humour

London, Leeds, Edinburgh and other great UK cities particuarly the architecture, great museums etc.

Just some of the things I am looking forward to are:

Never being far away from the sea

More space - the UK feels far too overcrowded

Big skies!

Modern cities and all that comes with that including impressve skylines

More accessible sport to spectate and to play, can't wait to go to the Australian Open every year in Melbourne!

Larger more open plan, modern houses with larger blocks of land. I love character homes in the UK but would never be able to afford to own one, so will happily swap that pipe dream for one which is more achievable in Oz

Fewer people

Access to some incredible scenery, in Australia and also the pacific, NZ, Asia etc. Am looking forward to my first trip to Japan when I am settled and lots of road trips to see the 'Red Centre', Barrier Reef etc

Warmer climate and longer days - I HATE short winter days!

I could go on and on!

I'll miss lots of things. In no particular order:

Green countryside and hills (especially the lakes, but the whole of the UK countryside is so green and I'll miss it all)

Quaint little villages

English pubs

Christmas in the winter and roaring log fires when its miserable outside

Being in the UK when there is a big sporting event like the World Cup - love the atmosphere (and suddenly everyone 'likes' each other, figure that one out!)

Wimbledon

The music scene in the UK - think we take it for granted how accessible the UK is for music fans such as festivals, gigs etc.

The British sense of humour

London, Leeds, Edinburgh and other great UK cities particuarly the architecture, great museums etc.

Just some of the things I am looking forward to are:

Never being far away from the sea

More space - the UK feels far too overcrowded

Big skies!

Modern cities and all that comes with that including impressve skylines

More accessible sport to spectate and to play, can't wait to go to the Australian Open every year in Melbourne!

Larger more open plan, modern houses with larger blocks of land. I love character homes in the UK but would never be able to afford to own one, so will happily swap that pipe dream for one which is more achievable in Oz

Fewer people

Access to some incredible scenery, in Australia and also the pacific, NZ, Asia etc. Am looking forward to my first trip to Japan when I am settled and lots of road trips to see the 'Red Centre', Barrier Reef etc

Warmer climate and longer days - I HATE short winter days!

I could go on and on!

great post ks,and yes,couldnt agree more on those 3!:notworthy:

Snowdonia aswell, especially Tryfan , glider fach and glider fawr, fantastic days walking winter or summer . But looking forward to getting to wanaka in south island for wedding anniversaries and travelling to Milford sound , only a few hours away

Snowdonia aswell, especially Tryfan , glider fach and glider fawr, fantastic days walking winter or summer . But looking forward to getting to wanaka in south island for wedding anniversaries and travelling to Milford sound , only a few hours away

Milford Sound and Wanaka are superb! I love NZ.

Guest Nando65

Sorry, noticed I apologised first..................................hee hee

I will miss NOTHING!:wink:

And love everything, bring on the visa. We had this discussion and we really could not think of anything we would miss...................I guess we have had enough hey.

No disrespect to what you all love but personally, notta ting!!! LOL XX

And love everything, bring on the visa. We had this discussion and we really could not think of anything we would miss...................I guess we have had enough hey.

Sausages?:wideeyed::biggrin::biglaugh:

Sausages?:wideeyed::biggrin::biglaugh:

One of the few common denominators I share with Paul , Debbie and Andrews sausages ! Mind you I bought some from the local one stop Friday night , pit them on the BBQ ( grills packed up on oven , not a desperate wannabe ozzy ) next thing I know smoke billowing across the garden , lifted the lid and ablaze , turned gas off and they carried on burning for 5 minutes ! Nasty , reckon they were made of sawdust and diesel !

One of the few common denominators I share with Paul , Debbie and Andrews sausages ! Mind you I bought some from the local one stop Friday night , pit them on the BBQ ( grills packed up on oven , not a desperate wannabe ozzy ) next thing I know smoke billowing across the garden , lifted the lid and ablaze , turned gas off and they carried on burning for 5 minutes ! Nasty , reckon they were made of sawdust and diesel !

I got some the other week,like bonfire nite with the smoke off them!i get the sainsbo's ones now90+%meat,quality:notworthy:

Can't say I blame you! I think I felt a bit like that to start with as had become so fed up with the UK, but now its closer to me leaving I feel that I am appreciating everything here more and can see the UK's positives, and I do really believe that there are many. Perhaps when you are closer to leaving you may feel like that too or perhaps not, either way its great that you are looking forward to moving back to Oz so much! :hug:

Guest BrightonBoys

For me such a good thread for today... its been a rollar coast!!!

MISS

Family and Friends

English countryside

English humour

Old buildings

Clothes and decent furniture shops

TV (though to be far when in Aus all we watch is sport... its my FIL telly and he controls the remote!!)

The music and culture scene (not that I use it alot now!!)

LOOK FORWARD TO

The weather

The beaches

The open skies

The stars

Bigger and brighter house

New Start

Fresher food

Learning about new wildlife

Long walks along the beaches

BBQ's!

More access to sports (whether I will do then is anothe matter)

The coastline

The beaches (not sure I mentioned them!!)

Sure this will get added to...

For me such a good thread for today... its been a rollar coast!!!

MISS

Family and Friends

English countryside

English humour

Old buildings

Clothes and decent furniture shops

TV (though to be far when in Aus all we watch is sport... its my FIL telly and he controls the remote!!)

The music and culture scene (not that I use it alot now!!)

LOOK FORWARD TO

The weather

The beaches

The open skies

The stars

Bigger and brighter house

New Start

Fresher food

Learning about new wildlife

Long walks along the beaches

BBQ's!

More access to sports (whether I will do then is anothe matter)

The coastline

The beaches (not sure I mentioned them!!)

Sure this will get added to...

:shocked: How could I forget BBQs? :biglaugh:

Guest Nando65
Can't say I blame you! I think I felt a bit like that to start with as had become so fed up with the UK, but now its closer to me leaving I feel that I am appreciating everything here more and can see the UK's positives, and I do really believe that there are many. Perhaps when you are closer to leaving you may feel like that too or perhaps not, either way its great that you are looking forward to moving back to Oz so much! :hug:

Hi Optimist

I know what you are saying, but seriously I feel like that about Oz, appreciate everything I left. Done both sides of the coin, born in UK, did the 10 pound pom boat, grew up in Oz, been here since 1997 and so time for home.

I appreciate totally what you are saying, but it really is opposite for me.

Hugs

Jane (Nando 65 - Nando and Jane):jiggy:

We felt like that until we got our visa , then we made a bucket list of things to do before we left uk , but lakes and Wales out of the question now mrs b is nearly 8 months pregnant ! . I started noticing a lot of things I used to take for granted , really studying the architecture on trips to London and reading all the plaques on the statues and memorials .we got married in wanaka , bremner bay ,had to bribe a passer by with a glass of champagne because we were one witness short ! I think it's the most beautiful tranquil place in the world.

Hi Optimist

I know what you are saying, but seriously I feel like that about Oz, appreciate everything I left. Done both sides of the coin, grew up in Oz, been here since 1997 and so time for home.

I appreciate totally what you are saying, but it really is opposite for me.

Hugs

Jane (Nando 65 - Nando and Jane):jiggy:

Hi Jane :hug:

Go girl! Will make going home even more special for you, and like I said, I don't blame you at all! My OH was here a while and he grew to really like it here, but he missed Oz and loves it there and I think I will too. :yes:

Archived