What happens at the airport in OZ when you arrive on PR visa?

B1K3R

So, I was wondering....those of you who have arrived in OZ on PR visa....what happened at the airport?

Do they drag you in a room and check your papers, or maybe they just stamp the passport and you're out in no time, or do ye need to report somewhere.....???

Thanks for your feedback :cute:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest The Ropey HOFF
So, I was wondering....those of you who have arrived in OZ on PR visa....what happened at the airport?

Do they drag you in a room and check your papers, or maybe they just stamp the passport and you're out in no time, or do ye need to report somewhere.....???

Thanks for your feedback :cute:

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi mate

sorry to disappoint you, in our case there wasn't even a - welcome to Australia' the customs guy was a miserable bugger, in fact before we left from Manchester airport, i said to the wife, just how great is it going to be when we get our visas stamped in our passports, they don't even do that, they just stamp a page in your passport and thats it. A bit disappointing as i say, but.................... i can tell you what isn't disappointing is getting a 175 skilled Permanent Residency visas to allow us to live in the 2nd best country in the world - Australia.

:yes::laugh::biggrin::jiggy:

Hi we just had the passport stamped and a bit of general chit chat, and sent on our way!

No fan fair, no party poppers, Nothing lol, not even a sighting of the sniffer dogs :sad: Bit of a letdown lol

Seems perfect to me :wink:

Hi mate

sorry to disappoint you, in our case there wasn't even a - welcome to Australia' the customs guy was a miserable bugger, in fact before we left from Manchester airport, i said to the wife, just how great is it going to be when we get our visas stamped in our passports, they don't even do that, they just stamp a page in your passport and thats it. A bit disappointing as i say, but.................... i can tell you what isn't disappointing is getting a 175 skilled Permanent Residency visas to allow us to live in the 2nd best country in the world - Australia.

:yes::laugh::biggrin::jiggy:

Thanks for sharing mate! Actually, it does not make a difference for me, I mean the welcome bit :laugh: All I'm looking at is to get out of the airport asap and go for a good shower and sleep (we arrive at 1am!) and start our adventure in the morning :smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest sunnyday

We just had our passports stamped whilst being told welcome to australia and off we went to get our bags, no drama :wink:

I was also expecting some dramas. i had already been living in Oz on a 457 for 6 months - then applied for my 176. I went to NZ to validate my PR as it was offshore - then gave me a really nice visa stamp which takes up an entire page on my passport lol. When I got back to Oz - just handed in my declaration card -(nothing to delare card) - had a stamp and that was it. Nothing else. Be a breeze the best is yet to come when you arrive and start planning your new lifes. Good luck.

what kind o bike av you got ? sorry just curious:cute:

Heh, well, really, it's what bike did I have... :cry:

Had a Honda Hornet CB F2, but its gone now, sold...since I'm on my way to OZ.

b1k3r-albums-us-picture6962-me-my-hornet.jpg

I think I'll go for a custom this time in OZ..missus wants to go for a few long drives on a nice comfy seat :laugh:

Oh btw, thank you all for your feedback...hopefully I'll be out to the motel in no time :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R

We flew out to Oz Qantas business class,the cabin crew were excellent,they shook our hands and wished us a good life in Oz.

The customs guy apologised about the dogs sniffing our bags and wished us luck.

That 1st morning we went to the bank to activate our accounts and the manager shook our hands and welcomed us to Oz and then sent out for coffee.

So although there were no,balloons,banners or fireworks we were made to feel to feel very welcome.

We flew out to Oz Qantas business class,the cabin crew were excellent,they shook our hands and wished us a good life in Oz.

The customs guy apologised about the dogs sniffing our bags and wished us luck.

That 1st morning we went to the bank to activate our accounts and the manager shook our hands and welcomed us to Oz and then sent out for coffee.

So although there were no,balloons,banners or fireworks we were made to feel to feel very welcome.

Perfect :laugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Archived