Brisbannittes - November Meet

Brisbannittes!

The Rocks Riverside Park meet a couple of weeks ago was fantastic. Everyone seemed to have a great time – especially the kids what with all the playground equipment and pools to cool off in! It was another gloriously bright and hot day, so the weather has certainly been on our side!

Speaking of which, we’re proposing the next event is on the 27 November at Wellington Point at 11am (so that we can get a good spot), to give the Baysider’s amongst us a more reduced travel time! We’ll advise exact location / address in due course.

Once again, we’ll post this on PIO in case we have missed anyone’s email address and also if you know anyone who would like to be included in this email just let us know their email address and we will add them.

All the best – and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Matt & Sharon

:wideeyed:

Guest Benchola
sounds great

just arrived so looking forward to getting to know you all

OH hopes to be at the Gabba that day so me and the kids (5 and 3) will enjoy the distraction..

will pm you my email

Helen

Just thought I would bump this further up the page.......:wideeyed:

Guest Benchola
I couldnt find it???..... was this intentional??......:laugh:

Depends on your spelling!

It's The Brisbannittes!

If you have any problems drop me a PM.

Further info on the meeting point from Melanie is below:-

Re:27th November meet up. Wellington Point.

For all of you intending to attend the 3rd Brisbanittes meet up the details are as follows. The exact address for the sat navs is Main Road, Wellington Point, 4160. Just follow it all the way to the end until you reach the Pacific Ocean! As you drive down into the car park there is a childrens playground to your sharp left (under a huge fig tree and next to the man made beach). Suggest we meet there?. There's no BBQ's directly in the playground area but it is a short nip to one nearby. There is also a fish'n'chip shop for the less adventurous! Suggest all the kids bring swimmers as the water is very shallow and we can take the walk out to Kings Island across the sandbar.

Looking forward to it!

Melanie xx

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

Thought I would send this as a little reminder regarding the Wellington Point meet-up on Saturday (tomorrow). I've copied and pasted below the directions previously emailed by Melanie.

The exact address for the sat navs is Main Road, Wellington Point, 4160. Just follow it all the way to the end until you reach the Pacific Ocean! As you drive down into the car park there is a childrens playground to your sharp left (under a huge fig tree and next to the man made beach). Suggest we meet there?. There's no BBQ's directly in the playground area but it is a short nip to one nearby. There is also a fish'n'chip shop for the less adventurous! Suggest all the kids bring swimmers as the water is very shallow and we can take the walk out to Kings Island across the sandbar.

The plan is to meet up at about 11am to ensure that we get a good spot (ie a bbq). As per the last two meet-ups, if everyone could bring something to eat and/or drink we can all pitch in and share, but there is also a fish and chip shop nearby.

We don't have a banner or anything to indicate who/where we are, so if you don't know anyone or haven't been to one of the previous meet-ups then pm me if you're having trouble finding us and I can let you have my mobile. Or just try and pick up the pommie accents! We're usually a fairly obvious crowd!

As always, we'll post this on PIO

And if you're one of the many people who can't come and are going to be at the Ashes then we'll miss you but we hope you have a great day out. Obviously we'll be having a much better day!!!!!! (Jealous... Us....Definitely!!)

Looking forward to it and can't wait to meet everyone.

Matt & Sharon

Jacob & Isobel

Well we had an amazing time at the Beach yesterday and thank you so much to everyone who came. It was great fun with lots of new faces.

The general consensus was that we should definitely do an xmas based one the weekend before Christmas so that is what we are going to do. I will post up more details nearer the time but the Saturday before Christmas (I think it is the 18th) we will be meeting up in Wynnum at the small water park there, there is also a childrens play park and bbq's. I think we should keep the time the same at 11am.

Again this event is open to everyone, and if you've not been to a Brisbannittes meet up before then please do come along and say hi, we would love to meet you. Santa hat is optional!

Sharon

x

Guest guest30038
Just out of curiosity is there a story behind the incorrect spelling of Brisbanites? Is it to keep the pedants away :)

Doesn't seem to work in your case :wink: :biglaugh:

kev................a Brizzyite :wink:

Just out of curiosity is there a story behind the incorrect spelling of Brisbanites? Is it to keep the pedants away :)

We just invented the word and spelled it that way cos we liked it. And the hubby says that if you can find the correct spelling of it in the dictionary we will happily change it. :wink:

Sx

Guest guest30038
Smartarse!

Anyway, the misspelt Brisbannittes is here to stay.

Get used to it. :biggrin:

I just love non-conformists :wink:

kev

We just invented the word and spelled it that way cos we liked it. And the hubby says that if you can find the correct spelling of it in the dictionary we will happily change it. :wink:

Sx

I'm just impressed that you invented the right word to match what the locals call it (bar the spelling of course which isn't important)...given that you are Brittissh and new to it all you did well :wink:

Doesn't seem to work in your case :wink: :biglaugh:

kev................a Brizzyite :wink:

:biggrin: Exactly, I felt my sort of people (pedants) were being targeted :huh: ... though to be fair I am a pedant about many things but correcting peoples spelling just seems rude to me :frown:

Just got me interested in the back story.....felt like some inner joke was in play.....just like moving to Britain and setting up a Liverpuddinglion or Jawdee club :wink:

Archived