Perth V Nevada

gareth and lisa

Having just spent 2 weeks in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, i have to say as a family we loved Las Vegas and the surrounding areas, red rock and Boulder City. I have checked out housing in Boulder city and its pretty simular price wise and the weather is as good as in Perth. Loved the bright lights, gambling (in moderation for us) and the busyness of the place. As a nurse i think i have to take a conversion course, their are lots of jobs & places to work. Suppose Perth is a safer place than Nevada but as a family we fitted in and confused now whether we feel Perth will be too quiet for us + i love the beaches. Couldnt afford Sydney.

Confused which way to continue now??:GEEK:

Lisa

Having just spent 2 weeks in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, i have to say as a family we loved Las Vegas and the surrounding areas, red rock and Boulder City. I have checked out housing in Boulder city and its pretty simular price wise and the weather is as good as in Perth. Loved the bright lights, gambling (in moderation for us) and the busyness of the place. As a nurse i think i have to take a conversion course, their are lots of jobs & places to work. Suppose Perth is a safer place than Nevada but as a family we fitted in and confused now whether we feel Perth will be too quiet for us + i love the beaches. Couldnt afford Sydney.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Glad you had a fab time. Hope you had a good birthday too...........It was your Bday wasn't it????? I knew you would love it. Vegas...OMG We love it....Henderson is a lovely residential area in Vegas if you think of heading that direction.

So then! decisions decisions !!!!!!!

Well we have decided to go to Brisbane on a 457 til our permanent comes through unless SMP's come out next week and then who knows!!!!

Take care, keep us updated.

xx Helen

Lisa

Not to put to much of a dampener on it but you have to get accepted to get in here yet, let alone thinking about what to go through to emigrate to the states.

The unemployment is a lot higher in the States than here and just from a personal point of view I prefer to live near the coast. Perth is great and I can't recommend it enough if you are accepted.

Funny that Kalgoorlie/Boulder likes to compare itself with Las Vegas and Boulder. Having been to Kalgoorlie a few times I can't quite see the resemblance.

Hi Lisa,

Glad you had a fab time. Hope you had a good birthday too...........It was your Bday wasn't it????? I knew you would love it. Vegas...OMG We love it....Henderson is a lovely residential area in Vegas if you think of heading that direction.

So then! decisions decisions !!!!!!!

Well we have decided to go to Brisbane on a 457 til our permanent comes through unless SMP's come out next week and then who knows!!!!

Take care, keep us updated.

xx Helen

Hiya Helen nice to hear from you, glad your plans are progressing. I think were still in holiday mode any anywhere seems better than where we live now. Yes it was my bday the BIG 40!! thanks. I think we will continue to do resreach in both countries now and see how it goes, i really dont fancy having to do a conversion course for the job. Its funny that iv always loved the beaches but i just settled in lovely and the mountain area is spectacular, i will have a look ay Henderson.

Keep in touch.

Lisa x

Not to put to much of a dampener on it but you have to get accepted to get in here yet, let alone thinking about what to go through to emigrate to the states.

The unemployment is a lot higher in the States than here and just from a personal point of view I prefer to live near the coast. Perth is great and I can't recommend it enough if you are accepted.

Funny that Kalgoorlie/Boulder likes to compare itself with Las Vegas and Boulder. Having been to Kalgoorlie a few times I can't quite see the resemblance.

Hiya Paul, yep your right about the visa i worry we wont get one for Oz cause of their disability preduces. But hey ho were not getting any younger and the kids are growing up fast now and need to keep all our options open. We love the coast but feel that now that its the only draw to Perth (and some good friends made on pio & fb of course). Iv also looked at Kalgoorlie and it aint no Vegas, as you state!!

Oh why cant life be easy!!

Lisa

We LOVE Las Vegas, and for those in the kniow, its not al about gambling as it is actually a fairly large functioning city. Alas getting into the States is near impossible and with such high levels of unemployment over there, employer sponsorship is almost unheard of today. My choice would be Las Vegas...

Lisa

The problem with the US is that it is very hard and long process to get permanency. We spent time on the East coast and when the job ended had to leave. If you are happy to not have permanent status then go with your gut feeling, it is usually right.

Archived