25 year old new to Melbourne in search of friends!

Guest CharlotteMC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MrandMrsB

I'd be up for a Sunday session and would bring the husband. We've been in Melbourne for about 3 weeks now having come here for his work so we'd like to meet some new people too. Charlotte and I have had two dates so far thanks to this thread so the more people the merrier!

I would suggest either a bar around Federation Square such as Time Out or Riverland which is actually on the banks of the river kind of beneath Fed Square or one of the ones on Southbank like Bearbrass or 5ive.

5th December sounds like a good date so count us in.

Guest guest36762
I know a few good places in Geelong (not too many though as I'm still learning myself!) Anyone got any preferences?!

that's like trying to move the mountain to Mohamed

I'm in Geelong.......at this point, most people hearing that suddenly go quiet:wink:

Guest guest36762

I'm probably a bit too much of an old git at 39, with the shackles of wife kids and personality disorder. There was talk of a Geelong meet up, about a year ago.

Either it happened (and still does to this day) behind my back, or the Geelong PIOers are that bit more apathetic

Hey im 35, and in Geelong. Ideally it would be better if we could meet here as we do seem to be a bit forgotten (reading back through old threads).

Theres some nice bars near the yacht club with plenty of outdoor space....could be an option?

Guest CharlotteMC

I'm not going to be able to make it to Geelong on the 5th but do any Melbourne-based people still want to meet up in the city (I suggest we have two separate meet ups)? Have only be here 4 weeks so not to sure about where to go, but the Rooftop Garden has been recommended, unless anyone else has other ideas?

Guest guest36762
Im happy to go to both Melbourne and Geelong meet ups.....not at the same time obviously:wacko:

has something already been arranged in Geelong?

hopefully I haven't stepped on someones toes with the other thread

Guest nicola c

hi i've been in melbourne 14 months and looking to make some friends. i'm originally from yorkshire but met an aussie in london and married him. i'm 30 yrs old (hope not too old), i'm in glenroy but have car will travel and would love to make some new friends

nic

Guest guest36762
hi i've been in melbourne 14 months and looking to make some friends. i'm originally from yorkshire but met an aussie in london and married him. i'm 30 yrs old (hope not too old), i'm in glenroy but have car will travel and would love to make some new friends

nic

:shocked:

christ what does that make me?

has something already been arranged in Geelong?

hopefully I haven't stepped on someones toes with the other thread

Not that im aware of mate. I just read it as theres people in Melbourne want to meet and also people in Geelong.

Hopefully your Geelong thread will get plenty of definates.

I cant really get to Geelong that easily as no car yet but still up for meeting in the city. Don't mind where we go, someone just pick somewhere I reckon. Though not me as I dont know anywhere...

ok well thats you and me vida, shall we say we'll go ahead with a meeting for December 5th in charlottes suggestion of the roof top gardens at like 6 onwards and who ever shows shows its out there now anyone agree cause this thread could go on forever. :yes:

Hi, Im in the same boat, moved over with an Australian boyfriend 4 months ago and just want to try and make my own group of friends. Im 25 and originally from London, now living in the West of Melbourne (Kensington area) Would love to meet some people for lunch or drinks, Ive got a few friends out here but I know them all through my partner! Unfortunately Im away the 5th Dec so wont be able to make the meet up.

D

Guest CharlotteMC

Yes I'm in! Hope the rooftop gardens is ok (I've never been so don't feel that confident in making the recommendation!):smile: Looking forward to meeting you all. Charlotte

Archived