25 year old new to Melbourne in search of friends!

Guest CharlotteMC

Guest markandmichelle

wow funny if like myself you think you are the only 1 who is out there feeling this way, donot think i can make the 19th but are any of you guys going to the boxing day pio? would be good to meet up with others, we have been here since may.

Michelle.

ps we are in Cranbourne so if any1 around this part wants 2 meet 4 coffee drop me a line

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eddy Munsen

Hi Everyone,

Been in Melbourne for a week and wish we'd seen this post for the meet up on the 19th. Looking forward to the next one so we can tag along.

where was everyone ?? The same people who came last time, turned up again but no new faces. Very disappointing. We may arrange another one in the new year.

Merry Christmas :xmas3:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lulu122

Hi, I'm Lucy & I've recently moved to Melbourne,am hoping to meet a few new people, have friends at work but would like to meet more people out of work. I'm 27 & live in Elwood (southeast) if there are any get togethers for drinks pls send me a message!

Hi, I'm Lucy & I've recently moved to Melbourne,am hoping to meet a few new people, have friends at work but would like to meet more people out of work. I'm 27 & live in Elwood (southeast) if there are any get togethers for drinks pls send me a message!

Hey Lulu,

let us know if you hear of any more meet-ups, we are new to melbourne ourselves and living down in bayside and its nice to meet other new people.

Louise.

Guest woolleys

Hi Charlotte,

Just logged onto the site for the first (real) time - me and my partner have been here for c.2 months ourselves so quite new. How have things gone since your post, have you settled into Melbourne - looks like there's a few in the same boat? We'd also like to start making a network of friends out here so any advice much appreciated.

Let us know if you're ever in or around CBD and we'll try to meet up.

Ta,

Sam and Nim (from the Midlands - UK)

Guest MrandMrsB
Hi Charlotte,

Just logged onto the site for the first (real) time - me and my partner have been here for c.2 months ourselves so quite new. How have things gone since your post, have you settled into Melbourne - looks like there's a few in the same boat? We'd also like to start making a network of friends out here so any advice much appreciated.

Ta,

Hi Sam and Nim;

I think I know Sam already if he's the same Sam that works in the same place I do...bit cryptic huh? Not sure how much anonymity you're after so I'll leave it at that and you can look at my picture to see if you are the Sam I think you are!

It's a surprise seeing you here - a nice surprise though. I've met up with Charlotte, Emma and Vida from this thread and I'm pleased to say they're all very nice. We tend to meet up as a group of girls fairly regularly usually after work in the week for dinner and a few drinks so Nim you would be more than welcome to join us. Sam you'd be welcome too but you might feel outnumbered! I'll have to introduce you to my hubby instead and you can talk sports and other manly subjects.

I'll send you a personal message so you can get hold of me besides using this thread.

Minda

Hi Charlotte, Im 27 and moved over here to be with my now fiance back in March... i Live in Geelong and would love to meet up...havent really made and girly friends here yet...its tough :-(

Happy to meet up in Melbourne, trying to get a little group together :-) On Facebook as Jaymi Walshe,

Speak soon :-)

Hi Charlotte, Im 27 and moved over here to be with my now fiance back in March... i Live in Geelong and would love to meet up...havent really made and girly friends here yet...its tough :-(

Happy to meet up in Melbourne, trying to get a little group together :-)

Happy to meet up in Melbourne, trying to get a little group together :-)

Hey Jaymi. I'm almost 26 & moved here in June with my Aussie partner. Living in geelong too and feel the same as you - haven't made any girly friends yet. It's nice to know I'm not alone :) Nice to know other people are in geelong too!!! So are you working here? Where abouts are you living? I'm welsh originally (hence the username!) - where are you from? x

My husband and I arrived in October. We've got a couple of friends here that we knew from the UK but would love to meet new people. I'm 28 and he's 27. Please let us know any meet ups. x

Hey :) Hope you & your hubby are settling in well! What brings you over here?? I moved here in June with my Aussie fella. We are in Geelong living & working. Are you in Melbourne? Hope you are enjoying :) x

Hi Charlotte,

Ta,

Hey Sam & Nim. I'm originally from Wales but me & my fella lived in Brum before emigrating here! where abouts were you from?

What brings you guys over here? Hope you are enjoying yourselves! :) We're living in geelong but guessing you're in Melb?! If you're ever visiting geelong... :)

Guest MrandMrsB

Hi everyone;

I just re read my post and realise just how non welcoming it sounds - a bit cliquey which is really not like me so I wanted to apologise and say I didn't mean it at all.

We've actually arranged a couple of sessions for people to meet up in the past (if you read through the thread you'll see the details) but the only people that turn up are Morty, Vida, CharlotteMC and I so we're feeling a little jaded now at the low turn out and the lack of new people coming!

Having said that, we have made arrangements to get together fairly regularly ourselves since then without posting on the forum for no other reason that it's easier to arrange between us and we would welcome more people to join us so if you want to meet us just send any of us a message with your details and we'll tell you about what we're doing next. It's usually pretty low key - dinner and drinks in the City usually mid week. Although we have talked about cinema and dinner in Brunswick or Lygon Street too.

Alternatively if anyone wants to organise something themselves, I'm confident if the dates and location work for us we will do our best to come.

Guest CharlotteMC

Hi guys,like Minda said a few of us meet up quite regularly mid-week so if anyone is interested in joining us anyone's welcome.

Welshchick and jaymi,we are in a similar situation so would be keen to meet you at some point!would like to visit geelong,maybe one weekend soon,so let me know when is good and I could come down,or if you're around Melbourne at some stage soon let me know!I'm free most weekends.x

I second that, would love to meet new people & there is no cliqueyness (proper word?) at all so please suggest something & I'll be there. Vida x

Ah thanks guys :) appreciate it. Not sure when I/we will be up in Melbourne next but will definately let you know to see if we can arrange something. And if any of you are in Geelong at some point, give me a shout. It would be nice to meet up!

Little into, not sure if I've already said... My name's Kim, I'm 25 & Welsh (obviously!) MOved over here with my Aussie fella & we are living in Geelong.

Hope to meet some of you soon :) x

Hi guys,like Minda said a few of us meet up quite regularly mid-week so if anyone is interested in joining us anyone's welcome.

Welshchick and jaymi,we are in a similar situation so would be keen to meet you at some point!would like to visit geelong,maybe one weekend soon,so let me know when is good and I could come down,or if you're around Melbourne at some stage soon let me know!I'm free most weekends.x

Hey,

Im always up for nights out and even days out. How about arranging to go to the neighbours night in St Kilda sometime - Cheesy, but so british and its supposed to be quite good. Does require booking though !

Like Minda and Charlotte have said, you can always DM any of us to see what we are up to next. We generally do meet once a week, and we all get on really well, so if your up for a laugh and easy going you will all fit right in. (and we do love a cocktail or 3 ) !! :biggrin:

Hey,

Im always up for nights out and even days out. How about arranging to go to the neighbours night in St Kilda sometime - Cheesy, but so british and its supposed to be quite good. Does require booking though !

Like Minda and Charlotte have said, you can always DM any of us to see what we are up to next. We generally do meet once a week, and we all get on really well, so if your up for a laugh and easy going you will all fit right in. (and we do love a cocktail or 3 ) !! :biggrin:

Sounds good! I've been to the Neighbours night and it is brilliant fun. Notice you are a Nurse - where to you work?

Hi,

I'm Lucy, 25 and living in Melbourne for just over year now. I've just stumbled across this thread and would be keen to meet new people too! I'm over here with my aussie boyfriend and would love to make my own group of friends. Gutted I missed the previous meet-ups but would def make it to any future ones.

Lucy X

• 3 months later...
Guest Jess Martin

Hi Charlotte,

I'm Jess, I too am missing my friends in UK, I have been here three weeks and have yet to get out and about and meet new people. I am living with relies in Warrandyte for 10 months. Would love to meet up as I am 20 years old and my relies don't know many people my age unfortunatley.

my email is JessicaAEMartin@gmail.com

Please email me and save me from my boredom, driving my aunty nuts. Need to get out and party

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

Just seen your post and we are having a meet up this Friday at the La La land bar on Chapel street. You are more than welcome to come.

I have put the link below for the forum:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/victoria/107403-looking-people-melbourne-8.html

We did something a couple of weekends ago and it was great fun meeting new people and having a catch up.

Hope to see some of you on Friday

Arran

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nats000

Hi Charlotte

I just joined this website today and saw your message. Still getting to grips with using the site...not sure if you can view my email address etc! But drop me a line if you want to meet up. I'm in the CBD and 28. Work 9-5 during the week so weekends are the best time for me

Natalie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laura112

Hey guys,

Was wondering if I could jump in on this? I'm not moving to Melbourne till Dec but I'm starting to get incredibly nervous about it. I'm 25 & from Glasgow, Scotland. Was wondering if there was anyone who's already in Melbourne who could tell me how they found the move & could give me some reassurance??

Similarly anyone who is planning their move & would like someone to meet up with when they get there please reply also.

This site won't allow me to send PMs yet but if anyone wants to swap emails with me then I'd be more than happy to.

Thanks

Archived