First Home Owners Schme

ajs604

Hi am intrested to know more about the above - I am a PR but intrested to know whether I am entitled to the first home grant or do I need to be a citizen?

I am 27 - never owned property before but am hoping to buy within the year or two.

thanks in advance

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Someone said i think if you have a PR visa that if you are a first time buyer in Australia you get the allowance and that theres no stamp duty to pay on an house up to $500,00.

can anyone vouch for this?

Someone said i think if you have a PR visa that if you are a first time buyer in Australia you get the allowance and that theres no stamp duty to pay on an house up to $500,00.

can anyone vouch for this?

thats correct in WA you get free stamp duty on your first home up to 500 grand and its a sliding scale after that

plus the first home buyrers grant

the first home owners grant in a national thing the stamp duty releif is a state govt initiative i think it changes from state to state

The amount of the First Home Bonus for new homes is $11,000 for contracts dated from 1st July 2009 to 30 June 2010. For established homes the bonus amount is $2,000.

From 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011 the First Home Bonus will only be available for new homes and the amount will be increased from $11,000 to $13,000.

Where the purchase or construction of a new home is in a regional municipality in Victoria , an additional bonus of $4500 is also available in addition to the $11,000 bonus. These payments are subject to certain requirements. The contract must be dated 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010 to receive this additional bonus. For contracts dated 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011 the regional bonus will be increased to $6,500 and is payable in addition to the $13,000 First Home Bonus that will also apply. Please visit the First Home Bonus page for more information. From 6 May 2008 the Principal Place of Residence Transfer Stamp Duty concession has been improved. It is available for the purchase of principal places of residence where the following applies:

• the purchase price of the property is between $130,000 and $550,000;

• the applicants use the property as the principal place of residence within 12 months of settlement of the property;

• the applicants reside in the property for a continuous period of at least 12 months; and

• the contract is entered into on or after 6 May 2008.

Eligible first home buyers are now eligible to receive both the First Home Bonus AND the stamp duty concession as of 6th May 2008

For full details on the various concessions available in Victoria please visit www.sro.vic.gov.au

Guest The Ropey HOFF
thats correct in WA you get free stamp duty on your first home up to 500 grand and its a sliding scale after that

plus the first home buyrers grant

Is it available all over Australia, or just in Perth?

different states different amounts in victoria i think the amount you can spend on a house and still get the money is 600 grand i think its a lot less in canberra below is WA

First home buyers will get a full exemption from conveyance duty on homes up to $500,000 and vacant land up to $300,000. Those buying houses valued between $500,001 and $600,000 will receive a partial exemption. A partial rebate is available for vacant land valued between $300,001 and $400,000. These thresholds came into force on 9th May 2007

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Some good news..................... at last. We are down about $160,000 so any good news is fantastic, thankyou Australia.

Amd thanks for your great replies.

First Home Buyers Grant

The First Home Buyer's Grant was implemented by the government in July 2000 to assist Australians in purchasing their own home.

A one off $7000 grant is currently available to any West Australian purchasing their first owner occupied property.

Homebuyers Centre can assist with the First Home Buyer's Grant application process and ensure that it is available to you at settlement

Archived