A Hard decision to make. Advice?

Guest Jonny1976

Guest Jonny1976

Hi all. Brand new to the forum, but been looking for awhile. So hi to all!

I have lived in Oz for 22 years (came over from UK in 1988). Since then I have been back 3 times for hols, the most recent being only in July.

I have recently been made redudant and am seriously considering what I do. Im 34, have no ties over here, minimal debt. Thing is when i went back I met up with an female school friend and since I came back here, we have stayed in contact and seem to be getting along really well. She cant come here due to her personal situation.

As I am a British citizen (and oz) I shouldnt have any issues with passport etc, if I wanted to move back.

Ive got nothing really holding me here, so should I take the plunge?

Just opinions, at the end of the day its my decision.

Cheers all

Jonathan

Guest smileykylie

Short answer YES.

i reckon go for it - if you change your mind you can always come back. Those of us with dual nationality are pretty lucky and can move around so freely - bit of a curse at times though.

ps - have you looked at the availability of work in your field as this may also be a factor in your decision making.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonny1976

Hi again all.

Well I have made a decision...of sorts. I am going back for another holiday in a couple of weeks. But because my friend (for want of a better description) is a teacher she will only have a week off. Obviously we can still catch up outside of that week, but I/we plan on spending the week she has off together as much as possible.

I have asked and asked Nat if she really wanted me to come back to see her and each time she has said yes. I needed to make sure she wanted to see me before i spent time and money going over and to understand I am going over to see her mainly.

So, its now a matter of see what happens. Either we will discover we should stay friends, or (hopefully), something more comes of it! But that would then present another problem. But thats in the future.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jonny1976

Hi all. Well I have returned to Oz, for now. Spent time with my female friend in UK and we got along really well. Problem is now the ball is well and truly in her court as to whether she wants to take things further. So I'm in limbo now. I dont want to push the issue with her, but on the flip side I can't wait forever.

I have no probs moving back to the UK, but I would like to go back to at least try and take things further with her.

Advice / ideas?

Cheers

Guest guest30038
Hi all. Well I have returned to Oz, for now. Spent time with my female friend in UK and we got along really well. Problem is now the ball is well and truly in her court as to whether she wants to take things further. So I'm in limbo now. I dont want to push the issue with her, but on the flip side I can't wait forever.

I have no probs moving back to the UK, but I would like to go back to at least try and take things further with her.

Advice / ideas?

Cheers

Tell her, if you haven't already, and see how it goes from there. If you're "financially sound", you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Best of luck mate.

kev

Guest Freudian Slip

Advice / ideas?

Cheers

Well Jonny I am sure she understands your situation and I think if she is really into you, she will let you know soon.

Lifes too short to beat around the bush (no pun intended) and if you two have hit it off and you both feel the same then you need to start having some serious conversations with each other.

Good luck Jonny, let us all know how it goes.:wubclub:

Gill.

Why dont you open your heart to her, tell her exactly how you feel, and not just your feeling for her. the issues you have financially commiting to move to the UK. The closure of your life down under, your fear of no job, etc etc. That was she should understand why you need to know answers and soon.

Best of luck

What do you do, can you find work here as its not that great at the moment?

Archived