Where can we go for a weekend away?

Daffod1lly

Hi folks ...

We've been in Brissy for about 8 weeks now and are looking to plan a long weekend away somewhere. Any ideas? We are looking to travel a max of around 2-3 hours there and are looking for a nice beachy break where hubby and 9 year old can get into the surf! We'd also like it to be an area that we can explore a bit and find other things to do during the day - so somewhere that's not too quiet, but also not too manic either. Love to hear any recommendations :yes:

Guest guest36187

Ok, we had the same question after we had been here for about 8 months, we just wanted a break after the pullaver of getting the visa, moving, unpacking etc etc.

We went to Maleny but that would not suit you for the time you want,

What about going north of Noosa to Rainbow Beach, we went up for 2 nights and stayed here

Contact Mia Mia Bed & Breakfast.

This is a beautiful place and near where you can see Dolphins early in the morning too.

Noosa itself is another great place,

Ok, we had the same question after we had been here for about 8 months, we just wanted a break after the pullaver of getting the visa, moving, unpacking etc etc.

We went to Maleny but that would not suit you for the time you want,

What about going north of Noosa to Rainbow Beach, we went up for 2 nights and stayed here

Contact Mia Mia Bed & Breakfast.

This is a beautiful place and near where you can see Dolphins early in the morning too.

Noosa itself is another great place,

Hi Joanne

We saw Mooloolaba and had a quick peek at Noosa on our reccie and we really love the Sunshine Coast. I'll go off and look this up - I much prefer to get a recommendation. Thank you :wink:

Guest cazbeckham

Myrtle1

I can wholly recommend Tin Can Bay and Rainbow Beach and of course the Mia Mia Bed & Breakfast and evening meal - fantastic place to stay and very welcoming homely hosts. Had a good time there didn't we Joanne? Stayed with them twice now and will definately go back next time we have visitors here.

If you do stay there tell them you was recommended by Carol & Barry Beckham

Myrtle1

I can wholly recommend Tin Can Bay and Rainbow Beach and of course the Mia Mia Bed & Breakfast and evening meal - fantastic place to stay and very welcoming homely hosts. Had a good time there didn't we Joanne? Stayed with them twice now and will definately go back next time we have visitors here.

If you do stay there tell them you was recommended by Carol & Barry Beckham

Just been having a look - it looks fab! Is it 30km to the nearest beach?

Hi folks ...

We've been in Brissy for about 8 weeks now and are looking to plan a long weekend away somewhere. Any ideas? We are looking to travel a max of around 2-3 hours there and are looking for a nice beachy break where hubby and 9 year old can get into the surf! We'd also like it to be an area that we can explore a bit and find other things to do during the day - so somewhere that's not too quiet, but also not too manic either. Love to hear any recommendations :yes:

We go here quite regular, the views are fantastic

Byron Bay Holiday Accommodation | Bed And Breakfast - The Summerhouse

Guest Guest40285

Come down to Byron Bay, Heaps to do, great beaches and pubs, The hinter Land Bangalow, Minyon falls, rocky creek damn the list goes on :wink:

Thanks folks - spoilt for choice so thought we might go on recommendations - especially on our first weekend trip out. :wink: We did a little of the Sunshine Coast before so thought we might head off in the other direction - off to follow up from here and do some browsing online now! We did think originally about Byron Bay but on mentioning this to a few local friends they ummed and arrhed about "a rough element" - need I be worried?

Guest cazbeckham

Byron Bay is lovely. I don't think it's quite the hippy scene as it was in 2000 when we first came to OZ for a holiday but it is one of my favourite places.

Guest Guest40285
Byron Bay is lovely. I don't think it's quite the hippy scene as it was in 2000 when we first came to OZ for a holiday but it is one of my favourite places.

The real hippy part disapeared twenty years ago, There are still lots of wanna be hippies now, Nimbin is the go for hippies and Ferals.

Guest girlwizz99

Definitely support that - Byron Bay is one of my favourite places in Oz - huge lovely white sand beaches, crashing surf and a friendly little town with some nice restaurants and an eco/hippyish vibe...

Guest Guest40285
Thanks folks - spoilt for choice so thought we might go on recommendations - especially on our first weekend trip out. :wink: We did a little of the Sunshine Coast before so thought we might head off in the other direction - off to follow up from here and do some browsing online now! We did think originally about Byron Bay but on mentioning this to a few local friends they ummed and arrhed about "a rough element" - need I be worried?

It can get a bit rowdy when its peak season or there is a big festival on but to see that you need to be up and out around town at three or four in the morning, Take it from me its not a rough town, I worked as security in Byron for a good few years also in the hospital, Australia has got no Idea what rough really is. There is lots to see all around the Byron shire and well worth a visit honestly.

Cheers Matt

Hi folks ...

Hi Myrtle1,

So did you decide where to spend the long weekend? :smile:

We can't wait to go on trips to some of the amzing places in OZ :biggrin:

Have fun and hope you guys will enjoy it :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi Myrtle1,

So did you decide where to spend the long weekend? :smile:

We can't wait to go on trips to some of the amzing places in OZ :biggrin:

Have fun and hope you guys will enjoy it :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R

Plumped for Byron in the end :wink: We did want to squeeze in a last-minute break over the school holidays but decided against it as there was very little availability left and still very expensive. We've now decided to book something for when the children are back in school - in a week or two. We'll do a 2 night stay - really looking forward to it! So much choice though .... :yes: You'll have all this to come soon enough - hope your plans are coming along well .... believe me, it'll come speeding along before you know it!

Archived