Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on my sister's case. Applied on July 2011 and CO assigned on 27th September, 2011. However, CO sent email for some requests to wrong email ID (typo) and then resent again last month (June 2012). Will then be put in a queue. Error by CO = our bad luck !!

Update on my case: Applied in Feb 2010 (Onshore), Case Officer assigned: May 2012.

Case officer has just advised that I will be placed on a queue after assessing my case. I don't know how long this is going to take now

How come, lazybones1987! Even though you had applied before me ( mine is 5/3/2010 - onshore ) and I have been granted visa since one month. Unbelievable!! :eek:

How come, lazybones1987! Even though you had applied before me ( mine is 5/3/2010 - onshore ) and I have been granted visa since one month. Unbelievable!! :eek:

I have no idea why. It took 3 years for them to appoint a case officer and now I get this queue date. How much longer will this take? I'm really tired of waiting tbh.

I have no idea why. It took 3 years for them to appoint a case officer and now I get this queue date. How much longer will this take? I'm really tired of waiting tbh.

I am really worry about your case. If you get your queue day now, it might take approximately 12 years to finalize your application. :( At least you can stay here during long waiting period, but it's a little bit difficult for you to travel oversea ( have to get bridging visa B to re-enter lawfully ), can't get approval of the asset loans: car, house or personal loan and employment privileges via Centrelink

Anyway, good luck on you! Be positive!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Probably nothing news for most guys here :(

Hi All

I have complained and suggested to DIAC many times using below link regarding

processing time for RRV visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm

You dont neccessarily need to provide your file number.

I believe if all of us complain regarding same 3-4 times a year

that might wake up DIAC. They also acknowledge your feedback.

I have done my bit , please do yours and post here.

Thankyou

Hi All

I have complained and suggested to DIAC many times using below link regarding

processing time for RRV visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm

Thankyou

I don't think that is going to help a bit. I've spoken to a couple of lawyers to see if there is anything I can do (something less severe than a law suit) so DIAC will speed up the process. Their responses were (unfortunately):

• There are laws and acts in place that protect DIAC against any potential law suits.

• DIAC and the Immigration minister have the power to suspend a particular case or even a complete category (sub class) of visa

• I told them that the processing time line that was stated on IMMI's website was 6-9 months when I applied, there was no notion of "queuing" system. Again, there are laws in place that protect DIAC

• DIAC can freely picking a case in any particular order. They have the power to pick anyone from the queue, it doesn't have to be in order of date assigned (no offence to those who have obtained their PR even though they lodged their application way after I did)

Have a read through this:http://immigrationptyltd.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/update-the-hidden-costs-of-being-on-bridging-visa/

I'm in no way associated with the author, but I try to find hope through his blog.

I believe if you take an action there is a chance/possiblity (may be) for an outcome but its 100% sure that there will be not outcome if there was no action.

if everyone starts complaining to DIAC for the processing time, they may think about it but if no one ever bothered to questioned them, they might be under the impression that no one is complaining and everyone seems to be happy.

Edited by OhDIAC

if everyone starts complaining to DIAC for the processing time, they may think about it but if no one ever bothered to questioned them, they might be under the impression that no one is complaining and everyone seems to be happy.

I certainly don't disagree with your opinion at all. I too have sent them numerous emails in the past, they replied back with *cut,copy,paste* responses. You must be lucky to get a response back from a "real" human being.

In DIAC's response, they have pointed out that "demand continues to exceed supply",yet they choose to do nothing about it. Sometimes it makes me feel if the DIAC is run by heartless robots (well except for Wall-E).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ danielphan

Hi Dan,

Are you working /

If so could you please tell me which visa you had to submit and if you did so when you put in your 835 application?

Im in oz now and about to apply on the 835 visa but with processign timescales i will need to work but dont want to jeopardise my application by asking at the wrong time

Kindest regards

Donna

Hi Donna

You can work on the bridging visa if you claim hardship and fill in the form when you submit your application. I applied in person and it was approved straight away, although that was before the lengthy wait was confirmed... Once your bridging visa comes into force, you can then apply for your TFN (tax number) and go go go!!

I don't think that any immigration officer in their right mind could refuse anyone the ability to legally work for over a decade...

Good luck :)

Cx

Hi curlysue32

Thanks for your question. I did apply 835 Remaining Relative onshore on 5th March 2012 and have been granted a visa since 5 months ago after 2 years wait ( lucky case I think ). For the work condition, if you're holding a visa with no work condition, you need to apply a hardship form to IMMI to be eligible to work lawfully here ( your bridging visa will be the conditions with the previous latest one when you apply for 835 ). For example:

If you were oversea-student and hold student visa with work condition, your bridging visa A would be active with the same work one.

If you were a tourist and hold tourist visa with no work condition, you would not be allowed to work lawfully during your 835 visa processing time by your bridging visa A.

Please take care of yourself and don't forget that you have to apply for bridging visa B if you wish to travel oversea during your 835 visa on process. You also have to pay 100 AUD for this visa with its term about 3 months travel.

Any more information on available on IMMI website immi.gov.au

Cheers

Dan

Latest update from immi's website:

"Applications for Remaining Relative or Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 31 December 2010 are now being considered for final processing.

Further information for applications that have a queue date from 1 January 2011 will be published if any further releases occur during the 2012-13 year"

I would be interested to see the new estimated processesing times after the numbers for 2012-2013 numbers have been agreed. I have a queue date of July 2010 so may be nearer than first thought.

Well I see that your date has come up. Well done. So has my mothers of 13 October. Do you now ring immigration and set up medicals or wait.

Any information on this.

Kyu Hee

It depends on what country you lodge in. We lodged forms in Seoul. Lodged 7 June 2010, queue dat 13 October 2010. After 2 years of learning the system, this was very good. India takes some 2 years from lodgement to queue these days.