Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

you have applied Dec 2011, have you got a queue date? I have not revived a queue date by e mail, but why call us and get us to get medical etc done if we have had to wait so long and will probably need them done again? when they called they did mentioned that we had been released from the queue. But I don’t know if this is the same thing

Yes,I've got a queue date which is 13 Aug 2013. I've been asked to submitted my medical and documents etc.. in late 2012,and I do think I will be asked to do it again if they release me from the queue.

The queue date is in a letter or an email they sent to you.When did you apply?? Have you sent your documents such as why Australia hospital or nursing home couldn't help the care receiver??

Yes,I've got a queue date which is 13 Aug 2013. I've been asked to submitted my medical and documents etc.. in late 2012,and I do think I will be asked to do it again if they release me from the queue.

The queue date is in a letter or an email they sent to you.When did you apply?? Have you sent your documents such as why Australia hospital or nursing home couldn't help the care receiver??

yes thats all been submitted, i applied in sep 12, thanks for the info, its the same for everyone in this catorgery, it is just a waiting game. again thank you

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/12/2012 velasco quoted "queue date up to 28 February 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

On 2/1/2013, lazybones1987 update "queue date up to 30 June 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

for than 18 months no moments in the queue ... hope fully there will be a moment

On 9/12/2012 velasco quoted "queue date up to 28 February 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

On 2/1/2013, lazybones1987 update "queue date up to 30 June 2011 are now being considered for final processing"

for than 18 months no moments in the queue ... hope fully there will be a moment

Hi Nirosh,

Have you tried contacting them to get an update on when your application could be processed? http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres-child-other-family.htm

Hi Nirosh,

Have you tried contacting them to get an update on when your application could be processed? http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres-child-other-family.htm

Thank you for ur update lazybones1987... i lodged an application(RRV 115) for an Other Family visa outside Australia.. Can i use the same inquiry from because 115 category is excluded here.

I asked my case officer and she said shes waiting on canberra. I feel for all of us since we're in the same boat. maybe a bit more empathy for offshore applicants for obvious reasons. last year I was also told verbally that asylum seeker processing was a priority. that put a little more perspective on things. there's always someone else worse off.

Thank you for ur update lazybones1987... i lodged an application(RRV 115) for an Other Family visa outside Australia.. Can i use the same inquiry from because 115 category is excluded here.

There is no harm in trying. I'm pretty sure both Offshore and Onshore applications are processed at the Perth office.

I asked my case officer and she said shes waiting on canberra. I feel for all of us since we're in the same boat. maybe a bit more empathy for offshore applicants for obvious reasons. last year I was also told verbally that asylum seeker processing was a priority. that put a little more perspective on things. there's always someone else worse off.

Hi Sophia,

I'm not sure if you have mentioned this already, but do you mind telling us what your queue date is and when you lodged your application ?

thanks.

hi Lazybones

not at all. I think my story is on page 35 ? or thereabouts. application offshore August 2010. queue date April 2011. one of the lot that was told last year that my application has been released for finalisation. I guess since its offshore the person handling my case is not technically my case officer but she has done all the relevant processing on it and prepared it for finalisation.

Hi Sophia,

My case is as same as yours. My QD is Feb 2011 & my application has been released for finalization last year. But since then I heard no reply from the department.

I know somebody whose application lodged in year 09/10 is still pending. Would you ask your CO if they have visa places for the application lodged in yr 2011 this year?

My CO has changed the job position and I don't know who is my co at the moment.

I asled her whether she saw my case being finalized but she said she would let me know at a later date by which I assume after she knows how many places are allocated and which applications are to be released. I don't know. I think all factors count such as when you lodged as well. when did you apply ? I don't think the officers themselves know who. and how many will be finalized. MRT remits from previous years have to be granted as well and rejected applications. id think there are too many external factors affecting the process.

no worries. I know the feeling. well here is hope if you are citizen sponsored and not sponsored by illegal maritime arrivals at least, although I feel for them. the lady at immigration also said they do some sort of a country parity sorting. meaning they distribute the grants awarded globally somehow. so they have certain numbers allocated for UK , CHINA , South Pacific etc. so if you applied from a smaller country for example , of course they'd be less applications and you'd get sorted faster. but again , all verbal so its neither here nor there.

- Date applied: 20/6/2011 - offshore

- Date on queue: 23/8/2013

- Waiting Period: 3 years and one month

- My sponsors are citizens and all members r in ausse.

Even if up to June 2011 queue date has been released from the queue 18 months back, still there r some outstanding cases ,so that i have to forget this visa because i'm 28 years old and i have to settle in my life too... OHH MY GOD , PLEASE HELP ME