Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

Hello everyone.

Hope you can shed me a light.

I applied for carer visa 116 offshore since 2011.

Queue date 20 May2012

it is now more than 2 yrs and 2 months since QD, still don't have any update from the department.

The Immi website stated qd up to 31 march 2013 is now relesed. Called them last week, no news.

So frustrated as my mum health conditions getting worse. Anyone have an idea my actual waiting time? please help.

HI,carer116,have you got your visa yet?? The immigration said they are doing final processing for Carer is currently progressing for applications with a queue date up to 28 June 2012.

Could you please share your update please??

My QD is May 2012, still waiting for any new developements. Haven't heard any news yet.

Seemed to be the information on the Immi website is not accurate or from a not verified source(?).

Hi guys I have a queue date of Jan 2013 and haven’t heard anything, I was asked to attend my medical and send in my police checks march 13 and to date nothing, on last contact I was told that my checks and medicals where extended six months so they will have run out and probably need to be redone. Every time I e mail they just fob me off with general info, I put a post on this tread over a month ago and no one replied, it basically was asking if any one was granted a carer visa? if so what was there queue date? at least if we knew that we can see what date they are up to. but the fact carer116 has a QD of may 2012 and not heard anything its looking like a long wait. does anyone know what way they distribute the Visa each year for example the other family cat has 500 are they given out in one lump sum or over the space of the year as in a certain number each month or quarter? And carer116 have you been asked to attend your medicals or have your police checks done again?

And carer116 have you been asked to attend your medicals or have your police checks done again?

Nope, received nothing from the immi department. It is very frustrating for not having any correspondence and the information we tried to seek were not specific, too general or unclear.

We relied on this forum to learn more from people that went through or the expert working in the field.

Hopefully anyone with specific QD that had carer visa granted to shed us some lights on this.

I certainly will post any new developement on my applications when it arised.

Nope, received nothing from the immi department. It is very frustrating for not having any correspondence and the information we tried to seek were not specific, too general or unclear.

We relied on this forum to learn more from people that went through or the expert working in the field.

Hopefully anyone with specific QD that had carer visa granted to shed us some lights on this.

I certainly will post any new developement on my applications when it arised.

i know it is frustrating at least if they gave what number you are in the queue, but the fact they give you no information is difficult, i will also post any developments i have in my case, hope you hear something soon

Yes,I will. Mine is 836,and I don't think 116 is faster than 836.

I don’t think there is any difference in processing times either we are all just in a queue and have to wait this out, I have written to Scott Morrison over 3 weeks ago and no reply, no one seems to want to tell us anything, we have queue dates but not knowing what date they are cleared up to its hard to gauge ho long it will be, what is your queue date? has anyone heard anything from the dept? or know of anyone who has recently be granted a 116 or 836?

Re-opening of the Non-Contributory Parent and Other Family visas- Including Carer Subclass 116.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/non-contributory-parent-family-visas.aspx

The current waiting times for these visas are:

• Non-Contributory Parent visa – approximately 30 years
  • Carer visa – approximately 4.5 years
  • Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative – approximately 56 years

Re-opening of the Non-Contributory Parent and Other Family visas- Including Carer Subclass 116.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Live/Pages/non-contributory-parent-family-visas.aspx

The current waiting times for these visas are:

• Non-Contributory Parent visa – approximately 30 years

• Carer visa – approximately 4.5 years

• Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative – approximately 56 years

well atleast there is movement here in re opening for new applicats and those waiting times id say refer to new applications, maybe this review has been holding up processing current applications, but again thats alot of maybes seeing the dept wont give out exact waiting times, hope you guys hear soon

Medicare card renewal:

Hello guys.. just want to know if anybody here know if i can still renew my medicare? Im still on bridging visa (835) and my medicare will expire on nov 11 this year.. thankyou.

Wait until end of Nov,they will send you new one automatically. I had same case before. Medicare asked for letter of immi that we are able to use medicare, if you want ask immi to send you a letter for medicare purposes but i think you need to wait

Edited by kikice

Medicare card renewal:

Hello guys.. just want to know if anybody here know if i can still renew my medicare? Im still on bridging visa (835) and my medicare will expire on nov 11 this year.. thankyou.

Request confirmation of your BV status from the Department by way of a letter.

Take that letter to your local Medicare office, and ask them to issue a new card.

Best regards.

I called to the Seoul oprocessing offce twice, they provided contrast information, even incorrect on the prodedure/visa. hopeless.

P could not worked out how come the department is not transparent as they stated in their charter of service. they keep us in the dark.

I called to the Seoul oprocessing offce twice, they provided contrast information, even incorrect on the prodedure/visa. hopeless.

P could not worked out how come the department is not transparent as they stated in their charter of service. they keep us in the dark.

I known always the same from the dept I am starting to wonder if

If they have processed any carers visas at tall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Based on current Planning Levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 56 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014)." Immigration officers and australian gvt plz note that , we r humans and we can survive less than 75 years in the planet ... 56 YEARS 56 YEARS 56 YEARS ................................................................... OHHHH MY GOD .... "For Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative final processing is progressing for applications with a queue date up to 21 January 2010". This is only for asian ???? my queue date is august 2013 then i have to forget about this visa ............ BYE BYE REMAINING RELATIVE VISA ...................

• 4 weeks later...