Other Family visas: Cutbacks and Delays

hey all does any one know what date the gov will release the new visa numbers for the new tax year 2015/2016, hoping the other family cats will get more numbers. plus has anyone waiting on a 116 hread anything or had any progress on the application?

cheers

May-June 2015

• 3 weeks later...
I've been contacted and my application (with QD may 2012) is now "processing" . Have to re-do all the paperworks such as character check and health check. Hopefully it is getting closer.

thats great news carer116, looks like the queue is finally moving, i have contacted the dept many times asking do they need anything else and each time i am told the dept will contact you only when you case is being progressed futher, so great news looks like your case is moving

my qd is jan13 so cant see anything happen this year, as i think they are working on cases up to june 12

good uck and wish you all the best, let us know when you here more, if you dont mind.

:-)

Anyone knows about Remaining Relative Visa (queued up by 2013) is going to be released in the future?

@carer116 has a Queue Date of May 2012 and their Carer visa has just started processing. Given that Carer visas take the lion's share of the available Other Family visas, a Remaining Relative visa with a QD in 2013 can expect a wait of many years. With an estimated wait of 56 years for RR applications lodged in August 2014, logic says that you are looking at 20+ years.

It is ridiculous and frustration. My application has been requested for quite a few times with much more documents from Korea processing centre, very much just like starting over. did health examination again, this is second times, no news yet. QD may 2012.

Hopefully you are near the end of the process good luck

You are next I mean your app will be processed in this financial year :)

yeah i cant see it the dept said they where processing up to june 2012 i think and i am QD jan 13 so maybe next year and as roberta2 said i cant see any increases, they have cut the other family catogory for the last few years and i wont be surpised if they do it again this year, just have to wait and see but it is good to see some ppl progressing, gives us all hope :-)

• 2 weeks later...
You are next I mean your app will be processed in this financial year :)

Hopefully......... all we could is hope.....

This financial year is almost 4 months away to end, hope I can hear the good news within the next 4 months. The Korean processing centre is very inefficient, when called them they provided very vague answers. They keep dragging things on and on...Wish the department bring it 'the processing' back to Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully......... all we could is hope.....

This financial year is almost 4 months away to end, hope I can hear the good news within the next 4 months. The Korean processing centre is very inefficient, when called them they provided very vague answers. They keep dragging things on and on...Wish the department bring it 'the processing' back to Australia.

i hope you hear soon and also the numbers in may june are better than last year, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...