RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest craighannay
So do we :mad:

C'mon Parramatta, we all want some good news!

i have just been emailed a qoute from my employers CO

"Basically, we get given a bunch of applications once a week, look through

them that week in most cases, and grant them outright if we can, and then

obviously email you the news at that time - so it can be quick.

Otherwise, as most cases need more docs, we email you , the applicant,

with a 'request for further documents' letter, and set a follow up date to

see if they have be sent in. At this stage, processing times depend on the

case officers workloads and the applicants themselves"

perth dept

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi to all,

i reckon we should recall our applications and send it to Melbourne...lol..mine was submitted in perth, ENS 856..according to the acknowledgement letter, 3-4mos before a nomination can be approved/process. im wondering why other centres cannot do what Melb does.

Guest craighannay
hi to all,

i reckon we should recall our applications and send it to Melbourne...lol..mine was submitted in perth, ENS 856..according to the acknowledgement letter, 3-4mos before a nomination can be approved/process. im wondering why other centres cannot do what Melb does.

ive heard melbourne are sharing the workload as we speak,someone else on here also said they may have had it transferred to melbourne from nsw paramatta?

Guest Rangerider33
ive heard melbourne are sharing the workload as we speak,someone else on here also said they may have had it transferred to melbourne from nsw paramatta?

yes, 1700 applications we moved from Parramatta to Melbourne and Perth office to help clear the backlog, an email was sent to all migration agents stating that the applicant would know it had been moved once they were contacted to be informed of their case officer... so who knows where mine is now!!

Guest Sunshinefreedom
I hear the weather in Ballina is nice now...Its raining here!!

Yeah if this is just the beginning of spring then we are living the dream! Just want the dream to be permanent!

Hey Fran, can I ask, did you hear anything before you recieved your visa? ie did anyone phone you or email you, did you get a letter saying you had a case officer? or did you just recieve the email with the grant on?

Just curious!

Wish I had got mine in earlier, my colleagues on the same visa that applied 4mths ealier in Perth recieved the visa in a week when they submitted their application, mine was submitted on the 12th Aug, so hoping it might come in the next four weeks or so. I know shouldnt moan though they are pretty quick with them on the whole. Im just very impatient I think!!!!

Also confused whether the letter I got staing 5-7mths to complete the applciation is for the whole process or just the last part of me submitting my app! (hope it is the former!!)

Cheers

Karen :biggrin:

Guest Frantastic
Hey Fran, can I ask, did you hear anything before you recieved your visa? ie did anyone phone you or email you, did you get a letter saying you had a case officer? or did you just recieve the email with the grant on?

Just curious!

Wish I had got mine in earlier, my colleagues on the same visa that applied 4mths ealier in Perth recieved the visa in a week when they submitted their application, mine was submitted on the 12th Aug, so hoping it might come in the next four weeks or so. I know shouldnt moan though they are pretty quick with them on the whole. Im just very impatient I think!!!!

Also confused whether the letter I got staing 5-7mths to complete the applciation is for the whole process or just the last part of me submitting my app! (hope it is the former!!)

Cheers

Hi Karen,

We just received an acknowledgement email on the 1st August i think saying that they were now processing that section. We actually emailled them to see how long it might take and we received an email stating generally speaking it will take four weeks with a decision shortly after, that is providing DIAC do not require any further information from you. They give the 5-7 months timescale for more complicated applications and ones where they need a lot more information so don't worry too much about that.

The next we heard was yesterday via email with grant letter attached so 7 weeks all in all for the last section. I know we have been very lucky in terms of speed of processing but I do sympathise with you as it feels like forever!!!! Good luck xxxx

Guest Rangerider33
I hear the weather in Ballina is nice now...Its raining here!!

Yea and winter was pretty bearable too hey! :cool:Hoping to be back in my hammock for summer!

Any luck on the job hunt yet on the temp visa?

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Yea and winter was pretty bearable too hey! :cool:Hoping to be back in my hammock for summer!

Any luck on the job hunt yet on the temp visa?

Amazingly yes, I have been offered a team manager job in Lismore subject to references ever arriving from the uk! I start next week if the references get there,:biggrin: thanks for asking.

As for winter, yes very bearable! Can't wait for summer, surfing and hopefully a positive visa letter! At least once I start work I wont be able to check the emails 3 or more times a day just in case!!

Very much hope you make it back to your hammock for summer- that'll make everyone happy as we will know that Parramatta are actually processing visas!

Meantime we keep hoping and checking those emails far more often than we should!

Guest Rangerider33
Amazingly yes, I have been offered a team manager job in Lismore subject to references ever arriving from the uk! I start next week if the references get there,:biggrin: thanks for asking.

As for winter, yes very bearable! Can't wait for summer, surfing and hopefully a positive visa letter! At least once I start work I wont be able to check the emails 3 or more times a day just in case!!

Very much hope you make it back to your hammock for summer- that'll make everyone happy as we will know that Parramatta are actually processing visas!

Meantime we keep hoping and checking those emails far more often than we should!

Oh well done thats great, it can be a hard area to get your foot in the door I think. Good luck with the references and your first day! I am working a temp job at the moment with ready access to the computer so I can check far to often, although Australia is out of office hours when i'm working. First thing I do when i wake up though is check my mails in bed!! My MA is trying to get some more info from Parra so i'll keep you posted...

I also want to learn to surf! Lennox is a favourite spot for it

Just curious!

Cheers

hi karen,

we are almost the same. mine was lodged on Aug 19 (nomination only) ENS 856 and based on the letter in will take 3-4mos to process the nomination. i will lodge my part perhaps next week, ,my agent is just sorting out the documents. Yah, i know someone who submitted theirs last Jan 2010 and it took them 4weeks to process the nomination and another 8weeks to get the visa. i hope perth will process everything quickly.

hi karen,

we are almost the same. mine was lodged on Aug 19 (nomination only) ENS 856 and based on the letter in will take 3-4mos to process the nomination. i will lodge my part perhaps next week, ,my agent is just sorting out the documents. Yah, i know someone who submitted theirs last Jan 2010 and it took them 4weeks to process the nomination and another 8weeks to get the visa. i hope perth will process everything quickly.

My timeline roughly was

18th March - employer nomination to regional

7th April - regional to main immi

28th July - main imm application approved

10th Aug - app for 857 posted to immi

12th Aug (8am) payment taken (cant say they arent quick with that lol)

fingers crossed it wont be long!! After being her on temp visas for 4 years it will be so nice to finally feel 'safe'

ps thanks very much for the info before Fran :)

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Oh well done thats great, it can be a hard area to get your foot in the door I think. Good luck with the references and your first day! I am working a temp job at the moment with ready access to the computer so I can check far to often, although Australia is out of office hours when i'm working. First thing I do when i wake up though is check my mails in bed!! My MA is trying to get some more info from Parra so i'll keep you posted...

I also want to learn to surf! Lennox is a favourite spot for it

Any news from your MA yet? Ours just says 'it'll be a while yet'... useful! But they haven't actually contacted Para so would be good to hear any news you manage to get...:arghh:

Guest Rangerider33
Any news from your MA yet? Ours just says 'it'll be a while yet'... useful! But they haven't actually contacted Para so would be good to hear any news you manage to get...:arghh:

No actually I haven't :err: suppose it will be next week. Any info that Parramatta gives out I am sure to be skeptical about believing though! Will let you know as soon as I hear anything...I am super stressed out at this point!!

Guest craighannay
Hi Karen,

We just received an acknowledgement email on the 1st August i think saying that they were now processing that section. We actually emailled them to see how long it might take and we received an email stating generally speaking it will take four weeks with a decision shortly after, that is providing DIAC do not require any further information from you. They give the 5-7 months timescale for more complicated applications and ones where they need a lot more information so don't worry too much about that.

The next we heard was yesterday via email with grant letter attached so 7 weeks all in all for the last section. I know we have been very lucky in terms of speed of processing but I do sympathise with you as it feels like forever!!!! Good luck xxxx

I HAD MY JOB NOMINATION APPROVED (CARPENTER ) 10TH SEPT 2010

DIAC EMAILED TO SAY THEY HAD ALL THE APPROPRIATE PAPER WORK TO GO WITH THIS NOMINATION APPROVAL LETTER

THEY ALSO TOLD ME 5-7 MONTHS

MY MEDS ARE DONE AND WERE SENT A FEW MONTHS AGO

ALSO POLICE CHECKS WERE DONE AND RECEIVED

HEADING TO WESTERN AUSTRALIA (ALBANY)

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT PROVIDING ALL OUR PAPER WORK IS CORRECT AND IN DATE AND NEEDS NO MORE EVIDENCE MINE SHOULDNT BE THAT LONG - BUT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT A WHILE NOW!!:confused:

Guest Sunshinefreedom
none here either, apart from it is still raining! I here your getting snow soon??

It has been raining here constantly for the last two days and for all of that time the fog has been so thick I can't see 50m from the house, oh and Sunday was the coldest September day on record!

Hope that makes you feel happier that for a few days at least you are not missing anything by being in the UK!

Otherwise, still no news... :frown:

Guest Rangerider33
It has been raining here constantly for the last two days and for all of that time the fog has been so thick I can't see 50m from the house, oh and Sunday was the coldest September day on record!

Hope that makes you feel happier that for a few days at least you are not missing anything by being in the UK!

Otherwise, still no news... :frown:

It is a slightly lighter shade of grey today!

So I heard from my MA, My app in still at parra in a pile somewhere getting some cobwebs it would seem. They told her standard processing time for UK passport is approx 5 months at present, This is just the standard response right now it would seem... I suppose if it is all done within 5 months that would be dealable....

Guest ericanto

Hi Guys

I am just about to send my application for 857 but the issue is that I have still not completed my police clearances and medicals. If I do lodge my application in a couple of days and if it takes 5 months for a case officer to be allocated , can I submit my police clearances and medicals before that. Is there a way to upload these documents or in general if sent by post, whom is it addressed to. Any reply would be appreciated.

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Guys

I am just about to send my application for 857 but the issue is that I have still not completed my police clearances and medicals. If I do lodge my application in a couple of days and if it takes 5 months for a case officer to be allocated , can I submit my police clearances and medicals before that. Is there a way to upload these documents or in general if sent by post, whom is it addressed to. Any reply would be appreciated.

Hi Ericanto,

Yes you can, find below a paragraph from the standard email that you will recieve to tell you that your application has been received

"A processing officer will contact you as soon as a preliminary assessment of

your application has been made. Should you wish to forward any additional

information to be considered as part of the assessment, please contact us by

email: nsw.pse@immi.gov.au quoting the Permission Request ID in the subject

line. The information will then be forwarded to the appropriate processing

officer for consideration." :biggrin: