RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you had a good look at the description for your job and the description for the job they think you are doing? (Google the numbers for the job and you will find them). Do you mind if I ask what job it is? (It's fine if you don't want to say).

HI Blossom,

Yep, I had a good look at both descriptions on the abs website and my job is not closer to the job they have recommended. My nomination is for a project administrator, and I am the project administrator for a mining company. They propose it seems closer aligned to a personal assistant, which I am not. I guess there may be a subjective argument depending on how you read the jobs duties, which is why we sat down yesterday and gave more detailed descriptions of each duty I have and how it relates to the role of a project administrator.

I had a Vetassess skills assessment completed as a project administrator which took into account my current role and past roles and qulaifications, and I have qualifications which have focused on project management and now I am studying a masters which focuses on project finance, all relative to my role now!!!

I sent an email from my manager yesterday which asked what kind of evidence they require exactly but have heard no response, and to make matters worse I am travelling home next week for a month due to my mother in law being very ill and because we haven't been back to Ireland in two years.

I just can't see where they have gotten the idea that my role is more closely aligned with a personal assistant.

Things are stressful enough at the moment as it is!!

Hi Avvy,

I have been following this forum since ages and after reading your post I finally registered coz we have gone through the same process as you are going through now. I just want to share my experience with you and I hope it works for you too. First of all, it is not you who is being assessed at the moment. It is the nomination so even if you have a skills assessment or you qualification in project management it wont help. At this point in time you have to prove that the position is of a project administrator and not of a personal assistant.

My husband had applied as an office manager and we got the same reply that the position is more inclined towards a personal assistant. I have no idea how they got to that conclusion but they did. We got CO in sept and finally after a lot of documentation transfer between CO and us they finally approved it in Dec. Though we are still waiting for our visa.

What we did was that we provided them evidence against every single duty that was for the office manager at the abs website. And there were a lot of them. We kept sending documents to the CO and every time there was something new that they had trouble with we kept sending evidences and finally they accepted that it is the position of an office manager, it took 3 months for us to prove it.

But make sure that you are not being questioned here, it is the position. Obviously, as you are already working in that position so it would have your name or designation on the proofs that you provide. It has to be a communication between your company and your CO or your MA and your CO. You have to prove it to them through enough proves against each duty of a project administrator. Once they are convinced that it is the position and not of a personal assistant then they will look at your visa application to see if you are eligible for the position or not.

I hope it helps.

And the evidences that we provided were in the form of emails, official documents showing the duties provided by an office manager, company's hierarchy chart highlighting where the position of office manager was and i am sure there would be a personal assistant in your company which will definitely make things clear or if not a personal assistant than the receptionist might be performing most of the duties of a personal assistant. We did include the job roles of the positions that were under the office manager and especially of the receptionist as it was performing almost all of the duties of a personal assistant like answering phone calls and queries and most of the other stuff. I am sure it would help as they would come to know that there is someone else who is performing these duties in your company and not you. Another thing that you can prove is that being a project administrator you would be dealing with some departments (govt or non govt, i am not sure which ones) and a personal assistant does not have a privileged to make any such decisions.

Keep a hold on your nerves and provide them with as many official documents as you can and you will be able t convince them, i am sure.

And if possible ask your manager to compile a list of duties in which you have the power to make a decisions e.g. planning and organizing project finance and then provide evidence against it in the appendix like an invoice or communication between you and the contractor with your designation and signature that would definitely make a difference. It is a lot of work but you have to convince them.

There is actualy a cut down in skilled visas,,,,

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2012-13[/TD]

[TD]2013-14[/TD]

[TD]Change[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Family Stream[/TD]

[TD]60,185[/TD]

[TD]60,885[/TD]

[TD]700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Skilled Stream[/TD]

[TD]129,250[/TD]

[TD]128,550[/TD]

[TD]-700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Special Eligiblity[/TD]

[TD]565[/TD]

[TD]565[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Total Migration Program[/TD]

[TD]190,000[/TD]

[TD]190,000[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Humanitarian[/TD]

[TD]13,750[/TD]

[TD]20,000[/TD]

[TD]6,250[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

​Increase in Overall Migration Quota; New Initiatives to Remedy Skills Shortage

For FY 2013, Australia will increase the overall number of permanent migration visas by 5,000, to 190,000. The total number of employer-sponsored migration visas will be 129,250, an increase of 3,400. The new allocation will be in effect from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.

2102-2103 haha I tink we should get it buy those years if we r alive lol

Hardy

Quota is 16000 RSMS for 2102-2103, I think they are close to it and go case by case and sill considering emergency cases.

Rest will go to July 2013

HI Blossom,

Yep, I had a good look at both descriptions on the abs website and my job is not closer to the job they have recommended. My nomination is for a project administrator, and I am the project administrator for a mining company. They propose it seems closer aligned to a personal assistant, which I am not. I guess there may be a subjective argument depending on how you read the jobs duties, which is why we sat down yesterday and gave more detailed descriptions of each duty I have and how it relates to the role of a project administrator.

I had a Vetassess skills assessment completed as a project administrator which took into account my current role and past roles and qulaifications, and I have qualifications which have focused on project management and now I am studying a masters which focuses on project finance, all relative to my role now!!!

I sent an email from my manager yesterday which asked what kind of evidence they require exactly but have heard no response, and to make matters worse I am travelling home next week for a month due to my mother in law being very ill and because we haven't been back to Ireland in two years.

I just can't see where they have gotten the idea that my role is more closely aligned with a personal assistant.

Things are stressful enough at the moment as it is!!

Avvy

It should not be a big issue in your case. I agree with SCMJK they are just working on nomination part . Best from your side to ask your employer to prove the job description and requirement. If you already worked under 457 and you already have qualification it should be OK.

wish you good luck.

Hello friends,

It's been awhile since I really posted any kind of update. I'm struggling to find the the motivation to do so, but for the benefit of everyone on here who is experiencing the same thing I am, here it goes...

First, a quick reminder of my timeline:

I am located in South Australia. My application is at the Melbourne PSE office and it is Non-DRC. Occupation is Hospitality Manager.

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa lodged with DIAC - 11 September

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September

Bridging visa granted - 12 September

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November

Case Officer (allegedly) allocated to Nomination - 9 May

When I began creating my file with my migration agent 1 year ago, my agent had provided me with a timeframe of 5 to 8 months for the visa to be processed; 8 months being worst case scenario. When we lodged my application in September, the acknowledgement documents sent by DIAC detailed a 5 to 7 month processing time. I will also note that the Client Service Charter page on the DIAC website states a 6 month processing time for the RSMS 187 subclass visa.

I am now past the 8 month point since lodgement, and I have pretty much been on my MA's a** about this because I am so frustrated and stressed out. Any expectations have been thrown out the window.

When my MA notified me on the 9th of May that a CO had been allocated to my nomination, I thought "great, I'm in the home run now ... things should start moving along quickly". This was not the case. To add fuel to the fire, my employer and I are not pleased with the migration agent we have employed, as it appears he is not "on the ball" with regards to his commitments, communication and focus on my application.

Back on the 3rd of April, I insisted that my MA contact DIAC to find out more information and when I can expect a CO to be allocated and have my application processed. My MA spoke to ______ at the Melbourne PSE office, and was told that it is expected that a VISA DECISION will be made in 6-8 weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. So theoretically, it should be processed in the next 2 weeks.

Since there hasn't been any movement on my file, or any contact from a CO since the 9th of May, my employer contacted DIAC yesterday (15th of May) and was told the following by 2 different people:

They can not confirm that the
nomination
has been assigned to a case officer BUT September nominations are currently being assigned so ‘it seems probable’. They would not tell me the case Officers name.

The nomination review takes about 2 months after which the case officer will contact the Migration Agent to confirm approval or request more information.

Assuming approval, the
application
is then assigned to a different case officer for review and the standard time for this is 5 months. The time might be shorter if all the information was supplied. Although there is currently a backlog so I would not rely on it being any shorter.

"So I read this as being at least 7 months till Visa approval." <------------ my employer's thoughts.

As a result of this information, I have literally hit my breaking point. For the first time, I have become very emotional about this and was in tears today. I am so upset about this whole experience that I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I am struggling to find happiness. My blood is boiling and I am out of patience. This visa application has completely consumed my life and I have this dark cloud hanging over me. It is affecting my personal life as well as my work. And I have to say - my employer is VERY supportive in my situation. They are doing anything and everything to assist me in this difficult time, and they understand this is extremely stressful. And it it a very unfortunately situation, because obviously not having your permanent residence means that you are limited as to what commitments you can make.

In my situation for example, there is a car I would really like to buy at the moment. It's just shy of $20,000 so I obviously need to finance it. I can't finance it because I don't have my residency. And I just feel like I'm being stuffed around and have been given the run-around regarding when this bloody visa if going to be processed! The car dealership is willing to take a small deposit and hold the car for me, but they need some sort of (reasonable) timeframe as to when I can expect to have my residency. And without having some sort of concrete evidence of how much longer this is going to take, I am at a loss. I am going to lose out on this opportunity. It is because of immigrations that I cannot proceed with purchasing this car. Very unhappy.

So for all of you out there who are or have experienced this horrible situation with Immigrations as well, please..... tell me how I can get myself through the next X amount of weeks or however much longer it is going to take without having a complete meltdown? The emotions I am feeling about this is so overwhelming. Frustration...anger...SRESS... confused...resentful...disappointment... the list goes on and on. And to immigrations we are all just a number. They don't care that this is affecting our lives. Affecting our ability to be able to set ourselves up to live here permanently. We are just kept hanging in limbo waiting and waiting. It is unfair. It is unfair that they don't have a logical order of how they process their applications. It is unfair that people come along on here and post that they lodged their application 3 weeks ago and just had their visa granted when so many of us have been waiting for months and still have no idea how much longer it is going to be. How can anyone tell me the department has integrity!?

Just last night I was reading over the documents that were sent by DIAC when my application was acknowledged, and the Client Service documents details the following:

Client Service Charter

Our Client Service Charter explains our service commitment to you. We are committed to service delivery that is timely, open and accountable, and responsive to your needs. The Charter explains how you can help us and how you can provide feedback or make a complaint. You can read our Client Service Charter on our website, or in a printed copy available from any of our offices.

Service satisfaction

The department remains committed to ensuring that all clients, both in Australia and overseas, receive not only fair and reasonable treatment, but also an efficient standard of service that is sensitive to each client's needs.

To provide a compliment, complaint or suggestion you can:

telephone the Global Feedback Unit on 13 31 77 during business hours

complete a feedback form online at www.immi.gov.au

write to the Manager, Global Feedback Unit, Reply Paid 241, Melbourne Vic 3001 Australia

contact us directly through any of our offices.

What a joke !!! Have they practised any of this at all? Absolutely not. And part of me wants to lodge feedback and make a complaint about how unacceptable and inexcusable this entire experience has been, but I fear that it could jeopardise my application.

So what happens how? I sit here and wait. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed over this and I don't know how to find any shred of motivation to keep my chin up and put a smile on my face...

At this stage my employer has e-mailed my migration agent to clarify when in fact my application will be processed and to provide evidence of this (from DIAC), and has asked that he be CC'd on all communication from this point forward. We are awaiting a response from him...

I will also note that at the beginning of May, due to the pressure from myself, my migration agent did e-mail the Global Manager and State Director for Victoria DIAC. He provided me with the e-mail correspondence. He went on to express the concerns regarding my application and disappointment that the departmental processing policy has not been applied to this matter, as my application is both a "low risk" application and as ascribed by VIC PSE an ANZSCO occupation for a "priority 1" consideration. And that the online experience in this matter has been far less than satisfactory and expressed embarrassment for him and for the department. So I do have to give him credit for this letter... The Global Manager and State Director did e-mail back stating that she would be following up with the business line and would get back to him, but I haven't heard anything else. I suspect my MA has held out on me regarding further communication from her. I do not know if this letter was the reason I was allocated a CO for my nomination or not, but if my employer was just told by DIAC that they are allocating nominations from September, then it is unlikely that this letter has helped my matter at all......

Anyway, my apologies for my rant everyone. I just needed to share this information and perhaps someone out there will have some advice for me...

Oh, and I will also note that at this stage we haven't heard anything about a "quota"... but perhaps that ties in to why DIAC has informed my employer of the 2 month review for the nomination and up to a further 5 month timeframe for the visa! That would obviously put them into the new fiscal year and reset their quota if such a thing exists from the RSMS visas. I don't know............. I am just so unhappy anymore :(

Cant say much mate,,jus relax mate and yes I reckon u wil definitely get ur nomination in the start of new fiscal year or even before,,but visa probably in d new fiscal year,,now u need to calm down,,and thumbs up for sharing ur frustration,,I hope u feeling gud now,,,

Hello friends,

It's been awhile since I really posted any kind of update. I'm struggling to find the the motivation to do so, but for the benefit of everyone on here who is experiencing the same thing I am, here it goes...

I am located in South Australia. My application is at the Melbourne PSE office and it is Non-DRC. Occupation is Hospitality Manager.

When I began creating my file with my migration agent 1 year ago, my agent had provided me with a timeframe of 5 to 8 months for the visa to be processed; 8 months being worst case scenario. When we lodged my application in September, the acknowledgement documents sent by DIAC detailed a 5 to 7 month processing time. I will also note that the Client Service Charter page on the DIAC website states a 6 month processing time for the RSMS 187 subclass visa.

I am now past the 8 month point since lodgement, and I have pretty much been on my MA's a** about this because I am so frustrated and stressed out. Any expectations have been thrown out the window.

When my MA notified me on the 9th of May that a CO had been allocated to my nomination, I thought "great, I'm in the home run now ... things should start moving along quickly". This was not the case. To add fuel to the fire, my employer and I are not pleased with the migration agent we have employed, as it appears he is not "on the ball" with regards to his commitments, communication and focus on my application.

Back on the 3rd of April, I insisted that my MA contact DIAC to find out more information and when I can expect a CO to be allocated and have my application processed. My MA spoke to ______ at the Melbourne PSE office, and was told that it is expected that a VISA DECISION will be made in 6-8 weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. So theoretically, it should be processed in the next 2 weeks.

Since there hasn't been any movement on my file, or any contact from a CO since the 9th of May, my employer contacted DIAC yesterday (15th of May) and was told the following by 2 different people:

nomination
has been assigned to a case officer BUT September nominations are currently being assigned so ‘it seems probable’. They would not tell me the case Officers name.

The nomination review takes about 2 months after which the case officer will contact the Migration Agent to confirm approval or request more information.

Assuming approval, the
application
is then assigned to a different case officer for review and the standard time for this is 5 months. The time might be shorter if all the information was supplied. Although there is currently a backlog so I would not rely on it being any shorter.

"So I read this as being at least 7 months till Visa approval." <------------ my employer's thoughts.

As a result of this information, I have literally hit my breaking point. For the first time, I have become very emotional about this and was in tears today. I am so upset about this whole experience that I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I am struggling to find happiness. My blood is boiling and I am out of patience. This visa application has completely consumed my life and I have this dark cloud hanging over me. It is affecting my personal life as well as my work. And I have to say - my employer is VERY supportive in my situation. They are doing anything and everything to assist me in this difficult time, and they understand this is extremely stressful. And it it a very unfortunately situation, because obviously not having your permanent residence means that you are limited as to what commitments you can make.

In my situation for example, there is a car I would really like to buy at the moment. It's just shy of $20,000 so I obviously need to finance it. I can't finance it because I don't have my residency. And I just feel like I'm being stuffed around and have been given the run-around regarding when this bloody visa if going to be processed! The car dealership is willing to take a small deposit and hold the car for me, but they need some sort of (reasonable) timeframe as to when I can expect to have my residency. And without having some sort of concrete evidence of how much longer this is going to take, I am at a loss. I am going to lose out on this opportunity. It is because of immigrations that I cannot proceed with purchasing this car. Very unhappy.

So for all of you out there who are or have experienced this horrible situation with Immigrations as well, please..... tell me how I can get myself through the next X amount of weeks or however much longer it is going to take without having a complete meltdown? The emotions I am feeling about this is so overwhelming. Frustration...anger...SRESS... confused...resentful...disappointment... the list goes on and on. And to immigrations we are all just a number. They don't care that this is affecting our lives. Affecting our ability to be able to set ourselves up to live here permanently. We are just kept hanging in limbo waiting and waiting. It is unfair. It is unfair that they don't have a logical order of how they process their applications. It is unfair that people come along on here and post that they lodged their application 3 weeks ago and just had their visa granted when so many of us have been waiting for months and still have no idea how much longer it is going to be. How can anyone tell me the department has integrity!?

Just last night I was reading over the documents that were sent by DIAC when my application was acknowledged, and the Client Service documents details the following:

Client Service Charter

Our Client Service Charter explains our service commitment to you. We are committed to service delivery that is timely, open and accountable, and responsive to your needs. The Charter explains how you can help us and how you can provide feedback or make a complaint. You can read our Client Service Charter on our website, or in a printed copy available from any of our offices.

Service satisfaction

The department remains committed to ensuring that all clients, both in Australia and overseas, receive not only fair and reasonable treatment, but also an efficient standard of service that is sensitive to each client's needs.

write to the Manager, Global Feedback Unit, Reply Paid 241, Melbourne Vic 3001 Australia

What a joke !!! Have they practised any of this at all? Absolutely not. And part of me wants to lodge feedback and make a complaint about how unacceptable and inexcusable this entire experience has been, but I fear that it could jeopardise my application.

So what happens how? I sit here and wait. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed over this and I don't know how to find any shred of motivation to keep my chin up and put a smile on my face...

At this stage my employer has e-mailed my migration agent to clarify when in fact my application will be processed and to provide evidence of this (from DIAC), and has asked that he be CC'd on all communication from this point forward. We are awaiting a response from him...

I will also note that at the beginning of May, due to the pressure from myself, my migration agent did e-mail the Global Manager and State Director for Victoria DIAC. He provided me with the e-mail correspondence. He went on to express the concerns regarding my application and disappointment that the departmental processing policy has not been applied to this matter, as my application is both a "low risk" application and as ascribed by VIC PSE an ANZSCO occupation for a "priority 1" consideration. And that the online experience in this matter has been far less than satisfactory and expressed embarrassment for him and for the department. So I do have to give him credit for this letter... The Global Manager and State Director did e-mail back stating that she would be following up with the business line and would get back to him, but I haven't heard anything else. I suspect my MA has held out on me regarding further communication from her. I do not know if this letter was the reason I was allocated a CO for my nomination or not, but if my employer was just told by DIAC that they are allocating nominations from September, then it is unlikely that this letter has helped my matter at all......

Anyway, my apologies for my rant everyone. I just needed to share this information and perhaps someone out there will have some advice for me...

Oh, and I will also note that at this stage we haven't heard anything about a "quota"... but perhaps that ties in to why DIAC has informed my employer of the 2 month review for the nomination and up to a further 5 month timeframe for the visa! That would obviously put them into the new fiscal year and reset their quota if such a thing exists from the RSMS visas. I don't know............. I am just so unhappy anymore :(

Hello friends,

Sonic

It seems pretty frustrating after so long. All these guidelines and services standards were before June rush. Flood of applications caught DIAC by surprise.

There is actualy a cut down in skilled visas,,,,

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2012-13[/TD]

[TD]2013-14[/TD]

[TD]Change[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Family Stream[/TD]

[TD]60,185[/TD]

[TD]60,885[/TD]

[TD]700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Skilled Stream[/TD]

[TD]129,250[/TD]

[TD]128,550[/TD]

[TD]-700[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Special Eligiblity[/TD]

[TD]565[/TD]

[TD]565[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Total Migration Program[/TD]

[TD]190,000[/TD]

[TD]190,000[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Humanitarian[/TD]

[TD]13,750[/TD]

[TD]20,000[/TD]

[TD]6,250[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yes, but this is for next year. Last year increase was Overall Employee sponsored not RSMS.

Sonicblue, I know exactly where you are coming from. I spent five years on temp visas, not being able to actually live properly until pr came through. The first thing I did was go out and buy a decent car.

It is mega hard, but I think you are just going to have to let that car go. There will be more, and it is just stressing you even more worrying about it at the moment. You have enough stress just with the visa.

Visa wise you have done all you can. Immigration do say their guidelines are for having a co issued, not the actual visa.

Migration agents, I'm afraid I wasn't a fan of your from the beginning. He either had no clue how immigration was looking at that time, or was telling you what you wanted to hear. I did try to warn you that he was raising your hopes and it wasn't going to be that easy back then. The process is stressful enough without false expectations. Back when you first started this process immigration and issued statements that rsms were not going to be issued anywhere near as quick as they used to be. No visas were issued at all in July as the amount of acknowledgements they had to send out was so huge that all their staff needed to be doing this. How is it that lay people can know all this but not a migration agent? He didn't even know the correct amount of time and places to advertise the job for the rcb, and I believe he is based in Adelaide.

Just try to relax, and remember, it will happen, it is all about patience. Think of the one person on here who waited 15 months! And was then refused!!

Your time will come, and there will be many more cars.

Hello friends,

nomination

Assuming approval, the
application

Client Service Charter

Service satisfaction

Hi SonicBlue82, just calm down. Everyone here in forum really understand what you feel at the moment we also been on that situation. We cannot really tell or no one can tell on the processing time of DIAC on our visa application. Just like on my situation before, I lodge my application May 28, 2012 and plan to get married by January 2013 because I thought that I can already get my visa on that time. But it doesn't happen. November already came and haven't heard from DIAC regards with my application. So what I did I secure my bridging visa B, booked my ticket, go home for my wedding and had a very good holiday without even thinking hows my visa application. Until one day, while having my honeymoon I received an email that my nomination got approved and CO asking when I will come back to OZ so that she can finalise my visa. It's really surprise me that everything happen so quick. But at that time, I change status which I told my CO immediately and she is very nice to answer all my queries very promptly. She then put my application again in a queue waiting for us to complete all my husband documents. When everything is complete visa had been granted.

So if I were you, be patient enough, calm down, put your mind in peace and pray that everything will be alright. It's just a matter of time. If it's for you, it will really be given to you.

Hope you feel good now. Goodluck mate. Cheer up..:biggrin:

Sonicblue, I know exactly where you are coming from. I spent five years on temp visas, not being able to actually live properly until pr came through. The first thing I did was go out and buy a decent car.

It is mega hard, but I think you are just going to have to let that car go. There will be more, and it is just stressing you even more worrying about it at the moment. You have enough stress just with the visa.

Visa wise you have done all you can. Immigration do say their guidelines are for having a co issued, not the actual visa.

Migration agents, I'm afraid I wasn't a fan of your from the beginning. He either had no clue how immigration was looking at that time, or was telling you what you wanted to hear. I did try to warn you that he was raising your hopes and it wasn't going to be that easy back then. The process is stressful enough without false expectations. Back when you first started this process immigration and issued statements that rsms were not going to be issued anywhere near as quick as they used to be. No visas were issued at all in July as the amount of acknowledgements they had to send out was so huge that all their staff needed to be doing this. How is it that lay people can know all this but not a migration agent? He didn't even know the correct amount of time and places to advertise the job for the rcb, and I believe he is based in Adelaide.

Just try to relax, and remember, it will happen, it is all about patience. Think of the one person on here who waited 15 months! And was then refused!!

HI sonic just relax man you r not the only one who face problem as I apply in June end on that time I think visa will come in Sep or next year Jan. I thing after that I will enroll my wife for study which cost 3000 after .PR And actual is $12000 after waiting long time I didn't get any response from DIAC till now. Two week ago my wife start study and I don't want to waste more time for waiting visa becoz it's not in hour hand and now I feel very relax. I know .PR is very important but we can only wait.... so just chill go and buy old car visa will come 100% . Thanx

Thank you blossom79 and everyone else for your replies. I am trying to relax and calm down. I know that worrying and stressing about this doesn't get me anywhere and only makes it more difficult on myself, but it is very difficult to cope with this. Especially after waiting so long and when my employer contacted DIAC and was told it would take up to another 7 months, making the total processing time 15 months from start to finish. I think that is what really pushed me over the edge. I just don't understand how DIAC could tell my employer that it will take 2 months for the nomination to be assessed and then the visa application will be sent to another case officer where it will take up to another 5 months for the visa to be processed. How could this be!?? This goes against everything we have seen based on other peoples' experiences on here. What about those who have their visas granted in 3 weeks or so? I just don't understand.

Why is it that DIAC will not provide my employer with the contact information for my CO? My employer is privy to the same information as my MA. If we could get the contact information for the CO then at least my employer could make contact with them...

Sneh - in no way am I trying to make this sound like my problems are any bigger than anyone else's on here. I know many of you are in the same position that I'm in. Some of you have been waiting even longer. I guess a lot of this has to do with the timeframe that my migration agent originally stated. It was an empty promise basically. An unrealistic timeframe, which only resulted in a huge let down for me. It was false hope and a false expectation, and I am so disappointed and disheartened by it.

Blossom79 - I suppose all I can really do is hope for the best and maybe some good news will come my way sooner than later, and that the car I want to buy is still available. It is a real shame that immigrations is holding me back and preventing me from moving forward and buying it. It's about a specific make and model, colour - the whole package. One previous owner who maintained the car well and it's in superb condition with low kms. I took it for a test drive and absolutely loved it. It's only been recently that the car I want is available in SA. So yes, maybe there will be other cars, but I really would prefer not to have to travel interstate to buy the one I want once I have the ability to do so...

Anyway, you say that Immigrations' guidelines are for having a CO issued, not the actual visa. But the acknowledgement letter that was sent to me says "The time taken for an application to progress and for us to make a decision varies. As a guide, when all documents are supplied with an application, we are working to finalise most applications within 5 to 7 months".

So to me, I read that as they aim to have the visa application processed in 5 to 7 months. And if immigrations was issuing statements that the RSMS applications were not going to be processed as quickly due to the amount of applications received in June, why did they not include such a statement or letter when they sent out the acknowledgement letters? Why wouldn't they customise the acknowledgement letters to reflect the situation instead of giving everyone false hope? I'm sorry, but if they send me a letter telling me their aim is to have it processed in 5 to 7 months when all documentation is provided (which in my case it was), then they have dropped the ball. They have failed to meet their service commitment. Quoting straight from their Client Service Information document:

Service satisfaction

The department has failed every aspect of this. The way they have gone about processing applications is not fair or reasonable. There is not one person out there that could convince me that there is fairness in a person who applies for an RSMS application and has their visa granted in 3 weeks when others have been waiting several months. And efficient standard of service? There is absolutely nothing efficient here. Their standard of service is out the window. The department of immigration and citizenship has failed me. They have failed many of us. And guess who suffers? We do. It doesn't effect them in the slightest bit. This is what angers me and frustrates me so much.

As for my migration agent, yes he has slacked and failed to meet his own commitments. He originally quoted me 5 to 8 months and that is what is stated on the Client Service Charter website that provides estimated processing times. The 5 to 8 months is referring to the old subclass 119/857 where 5 months is for a low risk applicant and 8 months for a high risk applicant. When he realised that we were not going to be able to lodge prior to July 1st, he did not clarify or inform me of any change in the estimated processing time. He led me to believe that he had a good relationship with DIAC and that "they know which migration agents provide legitimate applications and which ones provide dodgy ones" and he spoke with confidence that there should be no problem getting my application processed in the timeframe given. I feel like I've been taken for a ride. I am disappointed that the migration agent I chose (and who was actually recommended to me by a couple people!) hasn't been able to meet the expectations that he provided. Regarding the advertisements to satisfy the requirements for the RCB, at the time he was looking at the guidelines for pre-July 1 as I guess we were originally going to try and lodge in June. Without looking at those old guidelines I can't say this with certainty, but I think it had mentioned that the advertisements must be put in the Advertiser, or on a job seeking website ... I don't recall how it was worded or if it stated that it MUST be SEEK or CareerOne. So we had advertised on three free advertisement websites, which was our decision because we all know that the advertising process is a waste of everyone's time and why spend money on it when it's unnecessary? But I do remember that the advertising guidelines DID change once the new guidelines came out for post-July 1 applications, hence why we had to re-advertise and put it on SEEK to satisfy the requirements... I just feel that my agent wasn't really "in the know". I wish we had chosen a more professional migration agent who has a better reputation. Maybe things would have gone differently. But you just don't know until you decide on one and go with them...

On another note, yesterday I e-mailed another professional migration agent under the advice of my employer, as we had nothing to lose by doing so, and perhaps they would be able to provide some insight or some information that we were unaware of. So I briefly explained to this other MA what has happened so far and at what stage we are at, and his response was:

"In terms of processing times, and estimates provided by DIAC, they are not at all accurate. There is also no uniformity in how long an RSMS nomination and visa application takes. DIAC prioritises some occupations and others take longer. In terms of the allocation of the nomination and then visa application. It is my experience that the same case officer usually considers both and that often you get decisions on both in the same day."

So based on this information, maybe the fact that DIAC told my employer 2 months to assess the nomination and up to another 5 months to process the visa is incorrect. I can't see how it would take that much longer, especially after it's already been 8 months! And, based on a lot of peoples' experiences on this forum, those who lodge their nomination and visa application together usually do have the same case officer and once they approve the nomination they process the visa application. So I am choosing to take his information in a positive manner and hope for the best.

And Blossom79, thinking of that one person who waiting 15 months only to be refused their visa is what scares me. I am confident that I will get my visa. There is absolutely nothing dodgy about my application. But your fate is in the hands of immigrations. We are at their mercy. They have the final say. And there is always that slight possibility that they could refuse (or tell you to withdrawal) your application. And that is a scary thought. Especially for those of us who genuinely want their permanent residency to be able to stay in Australia and live a happy life here. I can't even fathom the thought of being rejected after spending so much time, effort and money on this. So yes, that does worry me a bit. But as I said, I am confident that I will get it. And if there are any complications, they sure as hell would get a fight out of me...

For now, I just need to try and find ways to take my mind off all of this. But it is all I think about day in and day out... And since I have hit my breaking point, I struggle to find ways to not be so moody and to put a smile on my face and pretend to be OK when I'm not OK. This shouldn't be this difficult...

Further to all of this, I just received an e-mail from my employer stating the following:

I phoned DIAC Melbourne PSE Office (131 881) again today for a further check and this time I was informed the following:

That I should not have been informed by other DIAC staff that there is a 2 month for nomination review and 5 months for application review. And, that I should work on the basis that the entire process takes 6-9 months from date of lodgement. Meaning that if the lodgement was in September 2012, the visa should be issued by June this year (if there are no issues).

They advised that there has been no case officer assigned to this nomination according to their system and that if a case officer had been assigned then our migration agent would have received an email informing him of this

My employer then contacted the office of my MA and they forwarded an e-mail to my employer with the contact details of the case officer.

I'm actually disgusted by the inconsistency of information provided by DIAC. How could they say that no case officer has been assigned when we now have an e-mail from my MA with the case officers details!?

Well anyway, my MA is apparently ill at the moment and his assistant will be back in the office on Wednesday. So my employer is going to wait until then, and if there is no movement then he will contact the case officer himself to see where we're at... And as they're saying 6-9 months from the date of lodgement, that leaves a mere 25 days until 9 months...... This is enough for me to chill out a bit for the weekend.