RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Everyone,

I applied rsms 119 on 29 June, 2012 Perth office. I received acknowledgement on 24 July 2012. Since then, I haven't heard from Immi. Department. Last week my employer enquired about my status as my MA is sometimes hard to contact due to certain medical condition. He received reply that no CO has been assigned yet. I have seen that everyone has got CO. But not in my case. I am worried now:err:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a hard one, as many of the co's seem to do both parts at the same time. You wouldn't think they would send you for more Medicals if they could see likely problems though.

blossom

If applicant is two year diploma holder in Horticulture, for applying 187, did two years experience is required or not ? I think that requirement is for certIII or four only.

Hi, Just an update... FINALLY GOT OUR RSMS APPROVED!!

Timeline:

Applied Non DRC Low Risk 14th June 2012

Nomination Granted: 28th May 2013

Visa Granted: 07th August 2013

Only took 14 months (!) but so worth it!!

Good luck everyone :)

blossom

If applicant is two year diploma holder in Horticulture, for applying 187, did two years experience is required or not ? I think that requirement is for certIII or four only.

Without looking back through the thread for the links, I think it was anyone who did their training in Australia. I remember thinking I would have needed it under the new rules (and I have a diploma). I don't have the time at the moment to find the link though. I would double check there.

I was nominated as accountant, RCB was approved last year. Today my employer was contacted by my nomination case officet who confirmed that my job description is more like ICT business analyst than accountant and she will approve my nomination as busines analyst. Indeed my position was overlaping between busines analyst & accountant because you need both skills, more exactly my job is to help clients to implement/ use accounting systems.

I have an accounting degree and took a few units about IT area. My question is, will the nomination category affect my visa application given I don't have any IT related degree?

I was nominated as accountant, RCB was approved last year. Today my employer was contacted by my nomination case officet who confirmed that my job description is more like ICT business analyst than accountant and she will approve my nomination as busines analyst. Indeed my position was overlaping between busines analyst & accountant because you need both skills, more exactly my job is to help clients to implement/ use accounting systems.

I have an accounting degree and took a few units about IT area. My question is, will the nomination category affect my visa application given I don't have any IT related degree?

Hi Suzyn, I do not want to scare you but if at the time of lodging the application you were nominated as accountant and now employer wants you to nominate in a different occupation then the chances of putting down the nomination are higher. For IT business Analyst not only you need IT degree but relevant units to be taken in the degree as well. It also majorly depends on your previous experience.

Thanks Sunny2012

Now my employer is trying to convince CO my position is more accountant than business analyst by giving her job description of ANZSCO and one of the tasks is introducing and maintaining accounting system and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting system, which is exactly what i am doing. Hope will get good news soon.

Hi Guys,

I'm not updated with new rules on RSMS 187. Can I lodge my visa application ( DRC ) but without having IELTS for my wife and to submit her TRF after the visa application but before the approval ? She'll do IELTS in mid september and the results will be out in the begining of october and it's possible to lodge (my MA ) the application before these dates .

Thanks in advance,

D*

Hi Guys,

I'm not updated with new rules on RSMS 187. Can I lodge my visa application ( DRC ) but without having IELTS for my wife and to submit her TRF after the visa application but before the approval ? She'll do IELTS in mid september and the results will be out in the begining of october and it's possible to lodge (my MA ) the application before these dates .

Thanks in advance,

D*

No, for an application to be DRC then everything has to be sent in at once. Your migration agent should have told you this.

No, for an application to be DRC then everything has to be sent in at once. Your migration agent should have told you this.

I'm working through my sponsor in relation with MA. We are in docs prep phase. I haven't had the chance to talk with MA.

Another q blossom , a DRC file is refering to both nomination and visa app ? I mean , they can both be lodged at the same time ?

Many thanks,

D*

I'm working through my sponsor in relation with MA. We are in docs prep phase. I haven't had the chance to talk with MA.

Another q blossom , a DRC file is refering to both nomination and visa app ? I mean , they can both be lodged at the same time ?

Many thanks,

D*

The migration agent should be driving the preparation of the application, particularly if a Decision Rerady Checklist is being used to expedite processing.

=> Liaise with him/her.

Best regards.

Hi all,

I have followed this forum since I lodged my visa application, and finally today my visa is granted

visa application lodged on 21 June 2013

Visa granted on 12 Aug 2013

Thank you for all the information, it is worth to wait

I hope you guys who are still waiting can get the great news soon

About RSMS question!

Hello, I applied RSMS June 29th 2012.

But a case officer is not allocated yet. It means nothing so far. :cry:

My agency suggested me, how about lodging again just after changing my M.A.

They said, they have heard about this when the processing takes too long time, it may have less time in processing.

How about your opinion? Do you think it works?

If anyone knows about this, please let me know it works and how to process this.

Thank you.

Edited by Miri Kim

About RSMS question!

Hello, I applied RSMS June 29th 2012.

But a case officer is not allocated yet. It means nothing so far. :cry:

My agency suggested me, how about lodging again just after changing my M.A.

They said, they have heard about this when the processing takes too long time, it may have less time in processing.

How about your opinion? Do you think it works?

If anyone knows about this, please let me know it works and how to process this.

Thank you.

Why on earth would you apply again? Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Agree with Blossom79, mine was also lodged on the same day. Took 13 month just to assign to CO.

could understand how frustrating to wait but reapplying its doesn't sound good to me. Instead of thinking to reapply it would be better to ring DIAC And ask about the application.

There is always a hope, just have patience you will hear soon

:)

Thank you for replying. ^^ My agency just think about this, and we didn't decide yet. They say it is not applying all like just 1st step, just changing the M.A. (I am not sure this is possible.They will discuss about this with me later.)

Anyway I am frustrating to wait too long, that's why I post it yesterday. Thank you.

Hi blossom how r u three months before I got CO till date no news not even any extra document.. yesterday I called DIAC they told me your nomination is not prove yet so we can't tell you only your MA or business employer contact us about nomination my MA already send mail couple of time but no news . what can I do now is there any positive effect if my employe call again to DIAC or I have to wait .. already 14 and half months . Thanx

Hi guys i am being so frustrated while reading all these timeline above. I have just started this journey couple of month ago but just give you guys some information here about one of my friend; he had applied rsms visa non decision ready through MA 30 june 2012 from Parramatta office and he already got visa 2 month before.