Eyes Wide Open '(ish)

Nzogbia

Guest LongwayDown
No, I'm denying it!! All of it! What I am saying longway down is that my comments are illustrative of Britain generally. The south west and East anglia are not particularly representative of Britain at large. There are always exceptions, of course, but generally I stand by my comments.

Hey i just learnt how to use the quote post button, i dont have to cut and paste anymore.

Illustrative of Britain generally?? Does that mean Yaraville is illustrative of Australia 'generally'. Are Sydney and Melbourne particularly representative of Australia at large?

Oh, stop being such a pedant. I mean 'generally'. What does 'generally' mean? Well, it means that if you picked individuals randomly from the census and then spent time in the nearest city to those people you would gain an impression of England. It may come as a bit of a surprise to you, but the majority of the population (London excluded) live above the Severn/Wash line, so it is their experience which dictates the 'average' or the 'general'. I can be no more precise than that.

Guest Caitmelbourne

The things we do for love hey :cute:

Your a Geordie you must be tough...surely you can push Melbourne closer to the UK...get Jeff from Byker Grove on the case?

Where else in Europe would you fancy? Holland would be my second choice to UK, miss popping over there for long weekends....

"Like walkin in the rain and the snow and there's nowhere to go and....." - sorry, couldn't help it!

Yeah, I don't think Jimmy Nail is up to much these days - I reckon he might be up for it. Ant n Dec could help out as well.

Holland appeals - it's just so 'accessible'. Also, I've got friends in Sweden (great in spring/summer, not so in winter), France and Spain, and did live in Spain for a year, so .....much to ponder. Don't think I will go back to Newcastle though. Like you, I am proud of my roots, but I need something different with the get out clause of getting back to Newcastle easily when I want to.

This post has just made me laugh alot

However i dont agree with one thing

Not all of us are ugly orange and fat lol

I may need to loose a few pounds but im not on the obeast scale yet, im not orange i tried that colour once and it really didnt suit (when i was 15 may i add)

And i may not be a stunner but i wouldnt label myself as ugly either

However it did make me laugh alot

b) Australia rubs me up the wrong way because......it is full of vested interests who control basically everything and limit your choice. The banks, the real estate industry and the media are all hand in glove and have everything stitched up. Australians themselves are SO passive they will just about believe anything that is spoon fed to them - and they NEVER complain. The pollyana-ish view of the world does not encourage debate or a healthy degree of cynicism. Cynicism, in its right measure, translates to humour. We get the humour in Britain, but overstep a bit on the cynicism.

To me it's like 'the invasion of the body snatchers':arghh:

3 weeks to go........:jiggy:

Archived