what do you miss most about the UK?

Guest christi

Guest chris955

We had friends in Kempsey and used to ride our bikes up there often, it was a lovely trip. The pub at Kempsey (The Sailor ?) did the best steak and Ale pie in the world.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest burgledad
As someone born in Oz, I have to agree. But it hasn't always been like this - it has really deteriorated since the 1980s.

I'm actually thinking of ordering some bedlinen online from overseas: does anyone have any recommendations? (have started looking at the Debenhams site).

Thanks,

Vivien

Marks and Spencer will supply the best value for money for basics such as bedding if you shop at UK sites. Decent quality at reasonable prices. Next is similar.

We've just come back from the USA. Prices over there are lower still and they ship around the world. Try Target, JC Penny, Wal-mart, Publix, K-mart sites.

Not very inclusive, or is there a presumption that those who aren't returning don't miss anything?.............not being snotty, just asking.

kev

PS if I can be included, I don't miss the sausages :wink: :biglaugh:

That makes a change

I'm an Aussie stuck in the UK - been here 32 years and now just so desperately want to get home, but unfortunately am looking at another 5 or so years before that can happen due to my pension situation.

But after living here so long, I am aware there are some things I am going to miss with a passion when I eventually return home, and in no particular order, these are:

Sunday driving just because you can

Now that is one of the things I miss about Aus. The effortless pleasure of driving on a Sunday. Still enjoy it hear there is more to see but not as relaxing as in Aus.

Guest guest30038
That makes a change

You may be ban happy but I don't report personal insults.........I'm used to them...........feel free to throw some more if it makes you feel big :biglaugh:

Joanne asked for a "new start" on PIO............seems you'd rather continue in the old vein. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest40285

I miss.......

Dartmoor

Decent Pasties

Rough cider

Me Mum

Walking along cliff paths with my dog

Church bells

Christmas

Bonfire night

Buying your own fire works from Tesco

My brother

Quality rost beef at the pub on Sunday lunch

Pubs full stop

Big open fires in the pub

Real belly laughs that make you cry

English shell fish

Decent fish and chips

oak trees

Guest chris955

All this talk about missing pubs is just making me salivate. A nice pub might be my first stop in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

All this talk about missing pubs is just making me salivate. A nice pub might be my first stop in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

Chris,

When are you going to visit the UK? How long are you staying for and which areas will you visit?

I am not always following your posts, but I do know how much you want to go back to the UK, can't wait to hear what you think!

Guest chris955

I fly out in 2 weeks and stay for 3 weeks. It is a business and pleasure trip. It is in part what people on here call a reccie I suppose. I want very much to return to the UK as does my wife and even my Brisbane born kids but I do realise things are tough for some but most returnees seem to be very positive in their findings when they get back 'home'.

I am looking forward to seeing all our very good friends that we now realise we probably shouldn't have left in the first place.

I fly out in 2 weeks and stay for 3 weeks. It is a business and pleasure trip. It is in part what people on here call a reccie I suppose. I want very much to return to the UK as does my wife and even my Brisbane born kids but I do realise things are tough for some but most returnees seem to be very positive in their findings when they get back 'home'.

I am looking forward to seeing all our very good friends that we now realise we probably shouldn't have left in the first place.

Have a good trip, looking forward to hear your story on your return.

Guest AndyandYvonneD
That makes a change

so much for this new start for PIO then eh!!

Is there any need for this remark?

Yvonne

Guest chris955

Thanks very much but don't worry you will hear all about it while I am there, good and bad :wink:

Have a good trip, looking forward to hear your story on your return.

Archived