New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Guest jupiter123

I have heard in some extreme egigencies they do ( Ex : Some mishaps happening in relations ),however is absolutely at their discretion.

Could anyone tell me that do DIAC gives a few months extension in medicals if theses are expiring????

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluehat

I got CO today 19 Aug 2010 ! Request new Medicals and Australia Police Check :biggrin: After 18 months waiting :notworthy:.... I already booked a medical check next Monday. Many thanks to everbody.

Guest blackberry
I got CO today 19 Aug 2010 ! Request new Medicals and Australia Police Check :biggrin: After 18 months waiting :notworthy:.... I already booked a medical check next Monday. Many thanks to everbody.

Congratulations!!!! Could you kindly state your time line. Thanks

175/applied april 08/CO allocated 12/08/10.Medical submitted, waiting on local PCC.

CONGRATULATION!!!:jiggy:

It gives me great pleasure to turn you pink.

Name: bluehat

Date of Visa application: Mid March 2009

Nationality: South East Asia

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 886 Family Sponsored

Onshore/offshore: onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): CAT 6

Post-14th July Category: CAT 3

Medicals submitted: Front loaded but expired

Police check submitted: Front loaded but expired

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

My application was onshore paper based, hence was submitted to APSC. Let's see if APSC processing's quicker

Regards

Connie

i got co today 19 aug 2010 ! Request new medicals and australia police check :biggrin: After 18 months waiting :notworthy:.... I already booked a medical check next monday. Many thanks to everbody.

congratulations....

Good to know family applications are moving towards the success...

Guest exoticity
congratulations....

Good to know family applications are moving towards the success...

Hey VB,

Let me just say bro, I admire you. You are probably the only 2007 applicant on your visa sub-class left. You have had lots of patience to wait for 3 years now and at the same time you are ALWAYS very happy for others when they get their visa. My heart breaks each time I look at your time-line. :-(

I really do not know how you do it, but keep doing whatever you're doing and hang in there bro.

I am sending a lot of good positive energy to you. Things will hopefully get sorted (FOR YOU) soon.

Stay positive. :-)

Could you add me please.........

Name: Carlos Fandango

Date of Visa application: 7th March 2010

Nationality: British

Trade/profession: Carpenter

Visa type: 176 WA SS

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 5

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):N/A

Date visa granted: 'I Wish'

Guest The Beaumonts

Please add me in! Thanks

Name: The Beaumonts

Date of Visa application: 29th December 2008

Trade/profession: Bricklayer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 6

Post-14th July Category: Cat 3

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted: Not Yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):N/A

Date visa granted:

Hey VB,

Let me just say bro, I admire you. You are probably the only 2007 applicant on your visa sub-class left. You have had lots of patience to wait for 3 years now and at the same time you are ALWAYS very happy for others when they get their visa. My heart breaks each time I look at your time-line. :-(

I really do not know how you do it, but keep doing whatever you're doing and hang in there bro.

I am sending a lot of good positive energy to you. Things will hopefully get sorted (FOR YOU) soon.

Stay positive. :-)

Thanks bro for +ve energy. Well I had made myself vulnerable towards the continuous changes made by DIAC... I will be completing 3 (official) time for my application with DIAC. They love my application.. Neither they want to cease me nor they want to give any decision on my application.. I know there will be more changes in September. I do not expect much from these changes too as I am doing for last 3 years. I was very excited while I launched my application on August 2007. Today I learn to stay positive in such a unpredictable situation. Thanks to DIAC....Let us see is there there more for me from DIAC in the store..

Hello everyone :smile:

I have just read on the SAAustralia forum that someone (I think is a Cat 3) got a CO today.

I have requested his full timeline and as soon as I hear from him I will post it.

I have this info so far:

28 May 2007 - TRA sent off to DIAC

26 June 2007 - TRA positively assessed General Electrician

31 March 2008 - DIAC received Visa Application

2009- off CSL

April 2009 - applied for SS Western Australia

Regards

Connie

Just read this post by Alan Collett:

Skilled Visa Applications: Priority Category 3

A quick note to advise that the ASPC is presently allocating to case officers skilled visa applications with occupations on the new SOL that were lodged in February 2008.

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda, Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534 and Chartered Accountant (England & Wales, and Australia)

Offices in the UK and in Australia

:huh: But we have some April 2008 and later applicants with CO.

Regards Connie

Just read on another thread that kingofthedesert a April 2008 applicant got a CO!

co finally from apr 08

G'day all pio forummers. just a quick note for all who had been waiting as l.ong as we have

been, we have co on 19.08.10 checking off outstanding requested docs as per online

document checklist page,hopefully this may give my dear fellow pr applicants some indication

of co allocation times.

tra motor mechanic passed feb08,ielts all >7.0,wass jul08,1st co 09.09.09,2nd co 19.08.10

me, missus n 2 dragons...

I have asked for his timeline and hopefully will hear something soon.

Regards

Connie

Guest kingofthedesert

name: kingofthesesert

date of visa app: feb 08

nationality: LR

proffesion: motor mechanic

visa type: 175 change to 176 aug09

onsore/offshore: offshore

pre14jul: cat 5

post 14jul: cat3 in new sol sched3

meds: yes frontloaded feb09

police chk: yes as above

co: god yes! 19.08.10

employment veri: not that i'm aware of

visa grant: no

Guest blackberry
name: kingofthesesert

date of visa app: feb 08

nationality: LR

proffesion: motor mechanic

visa type: 175 change to 176 aug09

pre14jul: cat 5

post 14jul: cat3 in new sol sched3

meds: yes frontloaded feb09

police chk: yes as above

co: god yes! 19.08.10

employment veri: not that i'm aware of

Hello there! Congrats! I hope you will get your Visa granted ASAP :) good luck :)

Here are my details can i join in please,

Name: Murky

Date of Visa application: 3rd June 08

Trade/profession: Plumber

Visa type: 175 (offshore)

Pre-14th July 2010 Category: 5

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: March 09 (expired)

Police check submitted: Jan 09 (expired)

Date CO assigned: Was told by agent did have when meds were requested but not now i don't think?

Date visa granted:

Murky, Wifey and two annoying teenagers :wink:

Guest kasper

Name:Kasper

Date of Visa application: oct 08

Trade/profession: Electrician

Visa type: 175 then 176 aug 09

Onshore/offshore: ofshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted: sept 09

Police check submitted: sept 09

Date CO assigned: sept 09

Date visa granted: I wish

Guest grooovy

Hi everybody!

Here is my bit:

name: grooovy

date of visa app: July 2009

nationality: HR

proffesion: Systems Analyst

visa type: 175

pre14jul: category 7

post 14jul: category 3

meds: no

police check: no

co: not yet

employment verification: not yet

Good luck to all of us! :)

Exit polls swing lifts Labor hopes in Australian federal election

Hope Labor wins and no changes in the priority processing happen. Our country recently had an election, but this election is far more important.

I for one hope that whoever wins changes the processing again .

My oh has SS with WA yet finds herself in cat 4 whilst people have jumped from cat 5 - 3 !! without SS.

Anyone who thinks things are not going to change again are clutching at straws.

Shane

Guest Suz2011

Hi

Can you update my details

Name: Suz2011

Date of Visa application: 7/5/2010

Nationality: Scottish

Trade/profession:Accountant

Visa type: 175 then switched to 176 20th July 2010

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): CSL

Medicals submitted: 19th August 2010

Police check submitted: 10th August 2010

Date CO assigned:9th June 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NA

Date visa granted:

Thanks Suz

Guest THE RICKARD'S

Name:THE RICKARD'S

Date of Visa application:4/7/08

Nationality:British

Trade/profession:General Electrician

Visa type:176

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted:4/5/10

Police check submitted:4/5/10

Date CO assigned:Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):Not yet

Date visa granted:Not yet

Vetassess passed:16/2/09

Guest THE RICKARD'S

Hi All

I know this can be very frustrating for you all as it has been for us so far. My twin brother his wife and 4 children applied for their 175 visa 5 months before us and then changed to a 176 visa, this is when we decided to apply for our 176 visa aswell.So as our 176 visa applications went in the same time we thought the whole process would run the same for us all, how wrong was we! I recieved state sponsorship from Queensland on the 10-09-09 and my brother recieved his on the 26-9-09, my brother and his family have been in Australia for 7 weeks and we are still in the U.K. and havn't even got a CO yet. Work that one out!!! I am an electrician and he is a carpenter and the only thing he had done which I couldnt at the time was his medicals and police checks.We used the same agent who cant even understand what happened and has told me that I could be waiting for another 12 to 18 months for my visa to be finalised.It is really hard for us as my brother and I are best mates,our wives are really good friends and all 8 children have grown up together. We have been in a rented property for 18 months, rehomed familly pets and sold half our belongings and are just about fed up of living our lives in limbo.Appart from that we are all O.K. :)

Sorry about the winge!! Glen.

Guest JK2510
Hi All

I know this can be very frustrating for you all as it has been for us so far. My twin brother his wife and 4 children applied for their 175 visa 5 months before us and then changed to a 176 visa' date=' this is when we decided to apply for our 176 visa aswell.So as our 176 visa applications went in the same time we thought the whole process would run the same for us all, how wrong was we! I recieved state sponsorship from Queensland on the 10-09-09 and my brother recieved his on the 26-9-09, my brother and his family have been in Australia for 7 weeks and we are still in the U.K. and havn't even got a CO yet. Work that one out!!! I am an electrician and he is a carpenter and the only thing he had done which I couldnt at the time was his medicals and police checks.We used the same agent who cant even understand what happened and has told me that I could be waiting for another 12 to 18 months for my visa to be finalised.It is really hard for us as my brother and I are best mates,our wives are really good friends and all 8 children have grown up together. We have been in a rented property for 18 months, rehomed familly pets and sold half our belongings and are just about fed up of living our lives in limbo.Appart from that we are all O.K. :)

Sorry about the winge!! Glen.[/quote']

Hi Glen,

Don't be sorry for having a winge! God we all do it once in a while,were only human.

Welcome to the club of living in limbo,I know whilst I was Reading your story you aren't alone,many are in the same boat! We are about to exchange contracts on the sale of our house, were currently in the process of sorting through our mass of belongings and preparing to move into rented! Our dear cat Kolo is going to a new home! I'll miss the presents that are left for me on the lounge mat! Lol.

I have down moments and I believe it possibly can't get any worse. We just have to ride it like a wave.

PIO is great for exchanging stories with people and I think it offers a good network if support all hours of the day!

Archived