New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally, we got a c.o today! from Team6!

CONGRATULATION :jiggy:

Its with great pleasure that I turn you Pink.

Name: offbeat

Date of Visa application: 03 April 2008

Nationality: s korean

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 175 changed to 176 on July 2009

onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: Yes (April 2008)

Police check submitted: Yes (April 2008)

Date CO assigned: 17 August 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

Regards

Connie

Guest geshdan

Congratulations offbeat!!!That's great news....

We are hopeful to see more PIO members getting CO's this week.

Guest bilaln30
Hi,

Why they taking so long? don't they normally take about 3 months to complete processing? The medicals expires in 12 months, you may have to re do them. Do you still have a CO? or will you be re-assinged?

Hello Blackberry,

I dont know why they are taking so long. My case officer replied to the query of my Agent last time in Dec, 2009. CO said they are waiting for the outcome of some internal processes which according to my agent are internal security checks. There has been no update on my case since then.

I dont know I have a CO or I will be reassigned.

Plz tell me do they give extension to medicals?

Regards

:cute:

Congratulations mate!

I have got a quick question for you or anyone else for that matter. I see a lot of people initailly applied for 175 visa and then 'switched' to 176. Did you have to pay another visa fee for 176 or you can just change it to 176 visa without incurring another visa fee?

Regards,

Thomas

Guest milano
:cute:

Congratulations mate!

I have got a quick question for you or anyone else for that matter. I see a lot of people initailly applied for 175 visa and then 'switched' to 176. Did you have to pay another visa fee for 176 or you can just change it to 176 visa without incurring another visa fee?

Regards,

Thomas

Hi MOTO,

I did myself..initially i applied for 175 and after CO assigning i applied for SS when i got the successful SS i switched into 176...last year switching was free, dunno about present process.

Good Luck Matey

Hi OFFBEAT !

Thanks for the info. mate. I am going to lodge my application tonight (how exciting)

he-he. Doing it myself too, can't afford to pay an agent. Having just finished uni and that. Already total cost of my application is in excess of $AU 3,500 . Should be quite straight forward in my case, I am young, single, with Australian qualifications and NZ passport. :biggrin:

Guest the unknown

Name: Jon

Date of Visa application: 31 May 2008

Nationality: Malaysian

Trade/profession: Architect

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 6

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: Frontloaded in 2008

Police check submitted: Frontloaded in 2008

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks GGx0x0

Cheers,

Jon

Lots of cat-3 applicants turning in PINK color, but no one being converted in PURPLE. Accept one, so far.

I hope this week some of PINK will convert in PURPLE.

Lots of cat-3 applicants turning in PINK color, but no one being converted in PURPLE. Accept one, so far.

I hope this week some of PINK will convert in PURPLE.

Yes you are right Pinal, I was just thinking myself, when will the visa grants start coming!

I did have a thought though:idea:, many of the applicants with CO are from High Risk countries and I wonder if these applicants will get caught up with the internal checks that can take months to get through???

Could be interesting to know, of those HR who have a CO, what requests have been made so far? Have they actually been requested to do meds yet? Or requested for anything at all?

Cheers

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest JK2510

I know this maybe asking too much seeing it DIAC were dealing with!! It's great to see

movement and for people to go pink! but don't you guys think this seems a little slow? What else are these COs doing?

Do you think they are on a go slow until after elections?

I know this maybe asking too much seeing it DIAC were dealing with!! It's great to see

movement and for people to go pink! but don't you guys think this seems a little slow? What else are these COs doing?

It seams slow for me too. When they decided to go with cat5 with pre september CO's, in the past, there were few grants every day on the forum, even 5 a day. It's maybe not the same thing, but our dozen of purples for a month just doesn't look too promising.

Congratulations to purples though, sure hope to join you soon. :yes:

I was thinking the same thing Jodie... yes it is great to see people who have been waiting and waiting for so long to get their CO's. But to be honest, I really was expecting to see things moving quicker. It would seem that most of the old CSL's have been granted and since they stopped taking applications in May until July then this would make sense. I doubt that there are too many Cat 1 applications....So.... yeah.... what are they doing lol.

I wonder how many people are working at DIAC actually processing our applications. They boast they are granting how many hundreds of visa's a day, but to WHO! I know not all applicants will come on PIO but I would have expected SOME PIO 'ers to be getting grants and I can't remember when I last saw a CAT 3 applicant getting a grant (bar one last week!)

I contacted my agent today asking if the diac had replied to our enquiry, here is the response.

Not over promising i thought, our 176 visa application was june 2009:SLEEP:

Hi Ian

No we have not even received a response to our enquiry, which was lodged almost 3 weeks ago. In many instances they simply ignore people now, which is extremely frustrating.

Requests are still trickling through, but all for applicants that lodged in 2008. Hopefully we’ll hear more when the election is over, and the SMP’s will be implemented quickly and you will transition up to category 2 where we can push harder for your case to progress, as there they state that it should be resolved within 12 months of your lodgement date, which has already passed. Obviously when the SMP’s are released though, if the states get most of the occupations they want on their plans, DIAC will be overwhelmed by the people that are moving up to category 2, so it may be a bit inefficient at that stage. At that point though we will again try and get you on the radar and hopefully (as things will be less structured at that point I would imagine) there will be more room for us to persuade it to be finalised. At the moment I just think they are locked in do looking at 2008 applicants, and they simply ignore everyone else.

Having said the above, I will try and make another enquiry today, just to see if we can’t prompt some sort of response at least.

As soon as I hear anything that may be of interest to you I’ll be in touch. Sorry I cannot be the bearer of better news at this stage.

Guest JK2510

Hi Rach,

When your on hold to ASPC they do tell you how many visas get granted every week. To who? They must be holding a teddy bears picnic where they give grants to the teddies. Lol. If the current government lose then are we gonna continue to see the snail pace until they play around with the processing again and we end up god knows where!!

I also contacted DIAC by email on July 23rd and got a reply YESTERDAY! It simply said, that their notes on our file, note that we received a reply to the question on Aug 6th by telephone (true - we rang them BECAUSE we hadn't had an email reply!)

So their own expected turnaround time of responding to emails in 5 working days is way out of whack now - probably due to unprecedented queries lol

Archived