New Category 3's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hi Glen,

Don't be sorry for having a winge! God we all do it once in a while,were only human.

Welcome to the club of living in limbo,I know whilst I was Reading your story you aren't alone,many are in the same boat! We are about to exchange contracts on the sale of our house, were currently in the process of sorting through our mass of belongings and preparing to move into rented! Our dear cat Kolo is going to a new home! I'll miss the presents that are left for me on the lounge mat! Lol.

I have down moments and I believe it possibly can't get any worse. We just have to ride it like a wave.

PIO is great for exchanging stories with people and I think it offers a good network if support all hours of the day!

I absolutely agree..... whine away.... we hear you mate... I am feeling pretty down and pee'd off at everything at the moment...feeling like we will never get our flippin visa. Then I remember there ARE people who've been waiting even longer than us and marvel that they are still sane :arghh::twitcy:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is nice to hear people are all living in limbo. My husband is such a realist and I am such a dreamer that I am already there in my mind and I have sold most of our things. Where Russ is not even talking to me about moving! I have been purposely out of work for 7 months now, touching up the house for a better resale but it is to the point now that I am going back to work!!

I just needed to hear that other people have sold their house in anticipation and are really in limbo. And I feel better that the 2008 applications are getting approved. And yes we had a border collie we gave up in anticipation of moving as well.

I pray our wait is not long now.

Christine

Guest bilaln30

In my opinion:

Hung parliament = uncertainty situation = delay SMPs = delay processing of Cat 3 (as they are doing it right now!)

I think they are waiting for the new government to bring in more changes (bureaucratic limbo)

Found the below one... it indicates some positive news.... :yes:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93217-online-visa-status.html

[url=http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93217-online-visa-status.html][/url]

She was kind enough to tell me that they are up to Feb 2008 applications and they expect to move on to Feb 2010 in the next few months as there are not very many in the system. They are processing 3-4 months of back-log in 1 month.

This remains to be seen, but is hopeful!!!

Thanks

Guest JK2510

Hi,

just reading this post and am I hearing right that in a few months people between feb 2008 and feb 2010 and gonna get COs in the next few months?! To me a few months mean 2 or 3?!

Can somebody please clarify this please?

Hi Loopylas, was it definately Feb 2010 DIAC was referring too and not 2009?? It would be fantastic if they process as quick as this as we are Sept 09 and means it could be 2 months time approx but how can they process all of 08 and 09 in 4 months??? Would be lovely though...:biggrin:

Yay!!

Visas for Xmas!! Turkey sarnies on the beach!

Ah dreams!

Can I come?

I was just looking into a Christmas holiday somewhere warm. one reason is I got rid of EVERYTHING pertaining to Christmas, and 2, it gets to be -40 here. The 8 month winter needs to be divided with some tropical heat... problem.... 5 people for 1 holiday = $10,000.00 Canadain!! This is just too expensive. So Christmas in Perth would truely be AMAZING!!

We will all meet at the beach!!

Christine

I can't stand the excitement!! finally some positive news.

Guest JK2510

I'm dreading the winter this year! I know were only in the UK but unlike the canadians were not equipped to deal with snow! -40 s***! It costs a bomb going away for Xmas! The ashes in December/January time pushes the flights up I think!

Guest blackberry
Hung parliament = uncertainty situation = delay SMPs =speed up processing Cat 3

I had the CO assigned on 12 of Aug. Medical requirements met and waiting on the PCC to get cleared. I wonder how long it'd take to finalized after PCC gets submitted.

Waiting anxiously........:arghh::wacko::mad::dull::twitcy::unsure::skeptical:

Guest rupani

Hi,

Thank God, I have been assigned a CO after 28 months and received a request for further documents today. I am more worried than excited because of ever-changing rules of DIAC.

All the best to those who are still waiting.

Regards

Guest blackberry
Hi,

Thank God, I have been assigned a CO after 28 months and received a request for further documents today. I am more worried than excited because of ever-changing rules of DIAC.

All the best to those who are still waiting.

Regards

Hi there!

Congratulations!!! I am on the same boat as you are.. got CO after 28 months. Requested for medicals and PCC. The medical requirements met already, waiting on PCC. Not sure what's NEXT!?!? hope nothing will change to affect the processing :/

Good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS rupani!!! :jiggy:

It is great to turn you PINK

Name: rupani

Date of Visa application: 24 May 2008

Nationality: Pakistan

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 176

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: Yes (June 2008)

Police check submitted: Yes (June 2008)

Date CO assigned: 24 August 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

Regards Connie

Guest jayatabs

Congrats rupani...i understand that you applied on May 2008. Now i wonder why my application have not been assigned to a CO as i applied April 2008. I am worried coz in all the April 2008 applicants in the frontpage of this thread im the only one left with no CO. But on the positive side, processing of cat 3's is moving and im hoping that the soonest CO will be allocated to each of us.

Guest ice907
Congrats rupani...i understand that you applied on May 2008. Now i wonder why my application have not been assigned to a CO as i applied April 2008. I am worried coz in all the April 2008 applicants in the frontpage of this thread im the only one left with no CO. But on the positive side, processing of cat 3's is moving and im hoping that the soonest CO will be allocated to each of us.

hey jayatabs,PLE your condition maybe helps,don't let them forget your case.

Guest JK2510

Perhap your file is on a COs desk and they are doing their routine checking before they ask for pccs and meds. You won't be too long now!

Guest jayatabs

Thanks..Hope that you're right Jodie..I'm very much confident that all the required docs submitted were in order I even frontloaded our meds and pccs but long been expired, IELTS (8)..Sent PLE but received the usual standard reply with confirmation that im in Cat 3..Where's my CO DIAC? 28 months of patiently waiting God i need your divine intervention

Guest JK2510

Hi,

I remember we had to fill a form out giving permission for our agent to contact them and receive any neccessary paperwork. I can't remember the number of the form! I've filled out tons of them for our visa!! I maybe wrong but if you gave DIAC your agents info I don't think you can do it.

Guest rupani

Thank you so much.

Did u check your spam folder? Do not worry it is not late yet, it might be in process and you may receive during this or next week.

Best regards

Archived