More good news from the UK.

Guest chris955

I think it is possibly more accurate to say some people read an opinion and it becomes a 'fact'.

well that's with everything.I wont it over as i have not had a pay rise for 3 yrs n the climate is blamed so try telling ppl like me everything is ok when you hear of redundencies etc

On the south coast my fiance and I can only find temp work, unless you want to work in a nursing home. Minimum wage only. Can`t wait to hear whether or not we will get our 457 or not. 99% of garages and firms have sacked/made redundant a quarter of their staff and are not not taking on, thats my experience of the Uk recently

Guest thehammonds
UK economy puts on massive growth spurt with 1.1% GDP rise | This is Money

Contrary to what some on here would have us believe about a double dip recession the UK economy is growing far quicker than expected.

Even with such good news, the media is still playing down the economy. Apparently, the majority of the growth in the economy was in the construction industry, which is not sustainable, especially since the Tories announced their spending cuts. Trouble with UK is the glass is always half empty!

Guest chris955

Yes very closely followed by Business services and Finance, then Government, then Restaurants and Hotels, manufacturing was slightly lower due to it's big rise last quarter. I agree with your last sentence BUT you could have said 'hopefully it is sustainable' :wink:

Even with such good news, the media is still playing down the economy. Apparently, the majority of the growth in the economy was in the construction industry, which is not sustainable, especially since the Tories announced their spending cuts. Trouble with UK is the glass is always half empty!

Guest chris955

Yes temp jobs and part time are the big employers here in Queensland. Where are you looking at moving to ?

On the south coast my fiance and I can only find temp work, unless you want to work in a nursing home. Minimum wage only. Can`t wait to hear whether or not we will get our 457 or not. 99% of garages and firms have sacked/made redundant a quarter of their staff and are not not taking on, thats my experience of the Uk recently

Guest lynne underwood
well that's with everything.I wont it over as i have not had a pay rise for 3 yrs n the climate is blamed so try telling ppl like me everything is ok when you hear of redundencies etc

dont want to burst any bubbles(well maybe the property one hehe!) but Ihve been in Oz 2 years nows and personally know many peeps who hve been made redundant some back in employment some not and the ones tht are have had to take substantial pay cuts and I know the employment stats look great here but there are so many peeps working casual and partime tht would like permanent!! :nah::yes: I think until gfc is truely over stability anywhere is questionable it has affected everywhere incl. Oz!! x we both have good jobs etc but took us probably a year to get sorted we were lucky to have a lot of money to keep us going just be prepared xx

Guest chris955

Yes absolutely agree. Lets be honest it is no secret that the unemployment figures here are not all they appear. Anyone working one single hour is considered employed. As I said nowadays casual and part time are the way things are going.

Guest brispark

have many friends in the construction industry back home who have said it has picked up considerably in the last few months. It will go quiet again towards the end of the year as normal but then hopefully will be back on track. As for the construction industry over here it is being kept afloat JUST from stimulas money which when this ends it is going to be in trouble.

dont want to burst any bubbles(well maybe the property one hehe!) but Ihve been in Oz 2 years nows and personally know many peeps who hve been made redundant some back in employment some not and the ones tht are have had to take substantial pay cuts and I know the employment stats look great here but there are so many peeps working casual and partime tht would like permanent!! :nah::yes: I think until gfc is truely over stability anywhere is questionable it has affected everywhere incl. Oz!! x we both have good jobs etc but took us probably a year to get sorted we were lucky to have a lot of money to keep us going just be prepared xx

so no different to what has been happening in england then loads of people have reduced hours just to keep jobs etc

We are still in the UK, had a sponsorhip fall through and have really struggled to find a job in the Uk, even if I drive into south London from the Brighton area, can`t think of when its been so tough, we are both skilled and didn`t think it would be so hard,I have loads of motor trade contacts there is nothing to apply for. Very best of luck if your moving back though, would strongly advise that you have a job arranged before you move though.

Guest thehammonds
Yes very closely followed by Business services and Finance, then Government, then Restaurants and Hotels, manufacturing was slightly lower due to it's big rise last quarter. I agree with your last sentence BUT you could have said 'hopefully it is sustainable' :wink:

Point taken!!

& it will be easy in oz ????

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Contrary to what some on here would have us believe about a double dip recession the UK economy is growing far quicker than expected.

Hi chris

The double dip recession was from the financial experts, not from someone on PIO, unless Richard Branson is a member.

i was going to post this along with unemployment dropping by 34,000 last month because i have posted alot of things on PIO about the financial difficulties that the uk is suffering currently.

The reason i didn't post it was because when the 1.1% growth was announced it was immediately followed by the experts saying that this didn't reflect how bad the uk was doing and that they were predicting a very long difficult financial road to recovery. Also the experts said that the fall in unemployment was a blip and that there is going to be hundreds of thousands of job losses, proper jobs, not flakey part time low paid jobs.

I didn't post it because it would look like i am doing the uk down again and those living here know already how bad things are and i don't like dwelling on the negative that much.

Hopefully the experts have got it wrong and this is the start of a financial recovery for the uk.

I wouldn't rely on this fact. The cuts do not start until November so its all going to really start to get tight next February. At the moment its the calm before the storm.

Sorry to be so gloomy but the UK is in a lousy state economically and its going to take at least 50% cuts across the board to reduce this deficit and thats only the rate by which government debt rises each year.

Trust me Australia is a much better bet financially for the next 10 years.

Guest sh7t man no way

more good news chris--yup looks like the old country is putting its boxing cloves on--nice to see,i love good news--im that type of guy:wub:

But are they improving the economy by cutting back on NHS

* Restrictions on some of the most basic and common operations, including hip and knee replacements, cataract surgery and orthodontic procedures.

* Plans to cut hundreds of thousands of pounds from budgets for the terminally ill, with dying cancer patients to be told to manage their own symptoms if their condition worsens at evenings or weekends. It will be horrible if they do!

Axe falls on NHS services - Telegraph

Guest chris955

Yes agreed, I'm the same.

more good news chris--yup looks like the old country is putting its boxing cloves on--nice to see,i love good news--im that type of guy:wub:

Guest chris955

This thread has nothing to do with where will be the best bet for the next 10 years, it's just some good news for the UK that's all.

I wouldn't rely on this fact. The cuts do not start until November so its all going to really start to get tight next February. At the moment its the calm before the storm.

Sorry to be so gloomy but the UK is in a lousy state economically and its going to take at least 50% cuts across the board to reduce this deficit and thats only the rate by which government debt rises each year.

Trust me Australia is a much better bet financially for the next 10 years.

Guest lynne underwood
But are they improving the economy by cutting back on NHS

* Restrictions on some of the most basic and common operations, including hip and knee replacements, cataract surgery and orthodontic procedures.

* Plans to cut hundreds of thousands of pounds from budgets for the terminally ill, with dying cancer patients to be told to manage their own symptoms if their condition worsens at evenings or weekends. It will be horrible if they do!

Axe falls on NHS services - Telegraph

and if u need an ambulance in Oz its going to cost you 750 bucks so unless u hve private health insurance ur going to hve to pay it!!:v_SPIN:its all swings and roundabouts no matter where u r there are no better places just different u can compare til the cows come home in the end it only matters where u want to be.:spinny:

Archived