More good news from the UK.

Guest chris955

and if u need an ambulance in Oz its going to cost you 750 bucks so unless u hve private health insurance ur going to hve to pay it!!:v_SPIN:its all swings and roundabouts no matter where u r there are no better places just different u can compare til the cows come home in the end it only matters where u want to be.:spinny:

here in Queensland we pay $75 per year to cover us pensioners are free

But are they improving the economy by cutting back on NHS

* Restrictions on some of the most basic and common operations, including hip and knee replacements, cataract surgery and orthodontic procedures.

* Plans to cut hundreds of thousands of pounds from budgets for the terminally ill, with dying cancer patients to be told to manage their own symptoms if their condition worsens at evenings or weekends. It will be horrible if they do!

Axe falls on NHS services - Telegraph

not another wind up :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest chris955

Good luck on your move, unfortunately for every bit of good news some will want to show you 2 bits of not so good even if it is just possible, maybe kinda bad news. :wink:

Guest siamsusie
and if u need an ambulance in Oz its going to cost you 750 bucks so unless u hve private health insurance ur going to hve to pay it!!:v_SPIN:its all swings and roundabouts no matter where u r there are no better places just different u can compare til the cows come home in the end it only matters where u want to be.:spinny:

Here in Tasmania, ambulance cover is free for Tasmanian residents!. Medibank private kick in for us when are on the mainland.:wubclub:Susie

Guest Guest31881

Queensland you pay a levy on your electricity bill, that covers all ambulances callouts. pensioners are exempt from the levy. No need for private ambulance cover in QLD.

Guest chris955

I'm not saying this isn't true but it would seem odd that they are apparently cutting back massively but at the same time....

'The government has announced a £50m fund aimed at giving patients access to cancer drugs sooner.'

BBC News - 'Emergency fund' to fast-track cancer drugs

But are they improving the economy by cutting back on NHS

* Restrictions on some of the most basic and common operations, including hip and knee replacements, cataract surgery and orthodontic procedures.

* Plans to cut hundreds of thousands of pounds from budgets for the terminally ill, with dying cancer patients to be told to manage their own symptoms if their condition worsens at evenings or weekends. It will be horrible if they do!

Axe falls on NHS services - Telegraph

I'm not saying this isn't true but it would seem odd that they are apparently cutting back massively but at the same time....

'The government has announced a £50m fund aimed at giving patients access to cancer drugs sooner.'

BBC News - 'Emergency fund' to fast-track cancer drugs

They must of fast tracked it after this story. Was going to be 200 million pounds.

Thousands of British cancer patients denied vital drugs - Telegraph

Queensland you pay a levy on your electricity bill, that covers all ambulances callouts. pensioners are exempt from the levy. No need for private ambulance cover in QLD.

The outcome of this is that lots of people therefore think it's their right to call an ambulance cos they have already paid for it when it is totally unnecessary - like the guy who called because his skin had gone all wrinkly under a plaster (band aid) - this is true. More ambulances called to unnecessary calls to take patients to hospital who could be treated by GP or on scene and therefore back up A&E provision. All wrong by my thinking.

Guest siamsusie
The outcome of this is that lots of people therefore think it's their right to call an ambulance cos they have already paid for it when it is totally unnecessary - like the guy who called because his skin had gone all wrinkly under a plaster (band aid) - this is true. More ambulances called to unnecessary calls to take patients to hospital who could be treated by GP or on scene and therefore back up A&E provision. All wrong by my thinking.

SRP was a paramedic in the Uk Mrs I... I would imagine he has seen it all in his life time! Amazing how those guys maintain a sense of humour:biggrin:

SRP was a paramedic in the Uk Mrs I... I would imagine he has seen it all in his life time! Amazing how those guys maintain a sense of humour:biggrin:

Yes I know - my OH been a paramedic there and is one here - lots of crap on both sides - however more chance to use your skills here (UK) than Qld. He has been back three weeks already had a letter of thanks from patient's family for attending to an old lady - didn't get one single acknowledgement in three years on the road in Qld - sorry that's a whole new thread - ignore me.

:smile:

Archived