2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest sb143
I hope so.

I need to get pcc from 3 countries and one of them need 3 month to issue pcc. I have done pcc from them which expired recently. I have not visited those countries and praying that CO does not ask again.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to get pcc from 3 countries and one of them need 3 month to issue pcc. I have done pcc from them which expired recently. I have not visited those countries and praying that CO does not ask again.

If you haven't visited that country, you may not have to... You can convince the CO...

Guest sb143
If you haven't visited that country, you may not have to... You can convince the CO...

I am depending on that hope as well. I just dont want to go through the pain again.

Guest mirob

Is it Canada? My flatmate had to wait 4 months and pay 300 bucks to get her clearance from Canada. What a rip off

Guest sb143
Is it Canada? My flatmate had to wait 4 months and pay 300 bucks to get her clearance from Canada. What a rip off

No mate I need to get from Malaysia (3 months waiting). I also need from India and Bangladesh

Guest fantomsss

* The occupation you have nominated (after reassessment) needn't be same as one in the 1 year Australian experiece in your application. As long as the role is closely related to the original occupation i.e. ICT Recent Graduate (which is extremly broad), its all good.

* To make your application grant process quick, make sure you frontload all the necessary supporting documents for the 12 months experience claim, if not already done so. So far the documents reqested by COs are:

- Reference letter from the company (specifying your role, start date, fulltime/partime, etc) in the company's letterhead

- Payslips

- PAYG summary

Nice summary Maxx!

I got PR granted last week and claimed 10 points as well.

In my case I have provided:

3 x recent payslips at the time of my application

Reference letter with everything Maxx mentioned + duties and achievements in this 12 months.

CV

CO did not request any further documents from me.

Guest saanii

I claimed 10 points as well, and waiting CO's decision on my application.

I provided, payslips (whole year) + letter from HR + tax return from payroll + resume.

Regarding PCC, i needed to get from 3 countries as well when I submitted my application. However CO requested recent PCC from AFP only. I didn't have to get from other countries even though I visited multiple times to these countries since then.

Hi Maxx,

I have uploaded the Reference letter from the company I worked and also from my agency.

I was on weekly Pay, How many payslips did you upload?

Many Thanks.

Bala

I upload payslips for first 2 and last 2 months of the 12 months period. I was paid forthnightly, so the total number of payslips I uploaded were 8.

Also don't forget to upload your PAYG Payment summary document, the one containing the Tax info.

Cheers.

Guest sb143

Regarding PCC, i needed to get from 3 countries as well when I submitted my application. However CO requested recent PCC from AFP only. I didn't have to get from other countries even though I visited multiple times to these countries since then.

thanks for sharing your experience. Its giving me hope

Tomorrow!!! I'm at work today. Can't wait.

How often do you guys call DIAC?

Last time I called was on 8th April after uploading my ACS review and to Confirm CAT 3...

Guest mirob

Last time I called was on 8th April after uploading my ACS review and to Confirm CAT 3...

I've got 2 applications in - an old PR and a new TR. I've called them only two times this year, last week and the week before.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

I was thinking of every thursday but I might do every fortnightly..

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
An interesting update in the latest Iscah Migration Newsletter #154

10) Skills Assessment have no expiry date

A recent Federal Court Decision (Octavia) means that skills assessment no longer have an

expiry date irrespective of what they may say.

wow! even when the assessment letter stated clearly that "This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter" ?

Guest mirob
wow! even when the assessment letter stated clearly that "This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter" ?

Not sure. I tried googling it but there is no info on skills assessments and courts in the past month.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
Not sure. I tried googling it but there is no info on skills assessments and courts in the past month.

probably it has something to do with different organisations giving different expiry timelines..so they might want to standardize it... I m just guessing

Guest newguy2010

Who cares? They can always make your assessment invalid by changing the code. Then you have to redo everything again. At the same time everyone else is happy except that you are suffering.

Well, my skills assessment from CPA Australia is valid for 2years (used to be 5 if you got it before 1July 2010). I haven't seen anything on their website to suggest that it has got no expiry date.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

well they do find something not so important to work on.. don't they?

instead of working on how they could speed up the immigration process and clear the backlog more efficiently..

I dont think skill assessment is used anywhere else except immigration.. and rightfully immigration process shouldn't be more than 18 months anyway.. why do they care so much about expiry?

Guest newguy2010
well they do find something not so important to work on.. don't they?

instead of working on how they could speed up the immigration process and clear the backlog more efficiently..

I dont think skill assessment is used anywhere else except immigration.. and rightfully immigration process shouldn't be more than 18 months anyway.. why do they care so much about expiry?

It's funny that if we are working at the moment we are like paying tax for them to suffer the ripped-off. If I know immigrating to Australia is such a pain I wouldn't even consider it in the first place.

Hey Guys,

I got my overseas police check in December 2010. Shortly afterwards I went back home for Xmas for about 5 weeks. Is it likely the CO will ask for a new police check?

No ? thought that overseas police clearances are valid for 1 year from date of issue?

Archived