reply from Immi Sa regarding application for moving state

mrtension

hi there

today morning i sent an email to immigration SA for moving to Victoria coz i cant find a regular job from last 9 months and i have tried everywhere including all super markets so they sent me this mail i dont understand whether they have allowed me or not because the mail has dual meaning,so please advice me,ur advice will be highly appreciated.

Dear *******

I refer to your email which has been forwarded to me for response. Immigration SA is disappointed that having granted you sponsorship to facilitate visa grant, you are considering moving from South Australia.

Permanent Visa

While legally the Skilled Sponsored Visa (subclass 137/176/886), allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia, you are reminded that sponsorship was granted to enable you to obtain a permanent visa on the basis that you had indicated that you were genuine in your commitment and interest to live and work in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted a permanent visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

Your Online application indicated that:

Please detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. This occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my occupation in South Australia. There are so many employment agencies in South Australia and I contact these employment agencies for job. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

What research have you undertaken of the job market in South Australia outside of your nominated occupation? Detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the other employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. According to skills shortage in South Australia, my occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. There are so many jobs in toolmaking / Machinist etc. in South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my field in South Australia. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

One of the objectives of these State Sponsored schemes is to disperse migrants to areas that sponsor them. By migrants not settling in these areas, the objective of this visa program is being compromised.

Having granted you sponsorship, it would be counter-productive for Immigration SA to now agree for you not to settle in South Australia. We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was grAanted.

We advise you to visit/ revisit the employment services to seek more assistance in securing suitable employment. Ring 1800 658 887 to make an appointment. However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further.

Manager - General Skilled Migration

Immigration South Australia

Department of Trade and Economic Development

regards

Guest rupani

Hi,

Initially they are trying to remind your promise:frown: and than they are trying to pursuing you to stay in the SA:wubclub: and lastly they are allowing you to move if you think that you do not have any option.:arghh:

Best regards

Hi rupani

Thx for ur reply

so what do u think is it legal to make a move and 1 more think in future when i will apply for citizenship then that time is it gonna effect or not.

Hi,

Initially they are trying to remind your promise:frown: and than they are trying to pursuing you to stay in the SA:wubclub: and lastly they are allowing you to move if you think that you do not have any option.:arghh:

Best regards

You are entitled legally to move to anywhere in Australia-even the note from Immigration SA says this. You don't need their legal permission to move. They are just reminding you of your moral obligation to stay there. None of this will affect your citizenship application at all. Your time in SA will also count towards your period for citizenship.

Guest soozie

Id be inclined to disagree with what everyone has said, as this part of their reply is particularly worrying ...

''You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

if they think you made a false application i would imgine they have the power to cancel your visa.

id get advice from a migration agent if i were you ...

it must be awful for you, i hope you get something sorted :frown:

I'm sorry but that is not correct. SA Immi are merely stating the law. If there was false information in the application then DIAC does have the power to cancel a visa. But there is no suggestion here at all that there was anything false in this poster's original application. SA are not in particular suggesting this about this person's application. They are trying some strong words to persuade the visa holder to stay in SA. But if he's not been able to find a job in 9 mths this is a perfectly legitimate reason to move.

Guest HoriFTC
Hi rupani

Thx for ur reply

so what do u think is it legal to make a move and 1 more think in future when i will apply for citizenship then that time is it gonna effect or not.

To take the move is legal.

If you will apply for citizenship in the future it MIGHT be difficult for you, because you are not a good character anymore, at least not for DIAC.

Guest HoriFTC
Id be inclined to disagree with what everyone has said, as this part of their reply is particularly worrying ...

''You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

if they think you made a false application i would imgine they have the power to cancel your visa.

id get advice from a migration agent if i were you ...

it must be awful for you, i hope you get something sorted :frown:

Immi SA hasn't the power to cancel the visa, which was granted by DIAC. Not even DIAC has, as long the informations you have provided in your application at that time were right. You made a moral commitment for SA and not for DIAC.

It is so difficult regarding SS. We also have SS for Victoria and on a recent visit we have been offered jobs in Sydney. When we applied we were 100% moving to Victoria and visas were taking about 8 months to go through. Making someone wait for up to 3 years for a visa can change everything and I think there will be many people in this situation. What was promised at the time was genuine but the employment market can change and your own personal circumstances can change as well. We are still waiting for our 176 but I will look to see if we can change to a 175 as we will then have our freedom to go anywhere without feeling guilty.

To take the move is legal.

If you will apply for citizenship in the future it MIGHT be difficult for you, because you are not a good character anymore, at least not for DIAC.

Sorry but legally that is not correct. Whether you stayed in a state that sponsored you for 2 yrs is irrelevant to the criteria for citizenship which is awarded by the Federal government.

Guest HoriFTC
Sorry but legally that is not correct. Whether you stayed in a state that sponsored you for 2 yrs is irrelevant to the criteria for citizenship which is awarded by the Federal government.

Yes you are right.

But unfortunately the state, which sponsored you on the strength of pledging you will stay there for at least 2 years with which you then didn't comply. It means you are not truthful anymore.

Or simply ask DIAC, how they think about this...

Guest HoriFTC
It is so difficult regarding SS. We also have SS for Victoria and on a recent visit we have been offered jobs in Sydney. When we applied we were 100% moving to Victoria and visas were taking about 8 months to go through. Making someone wait for up to 3 years for a visa can change everything and I think there will be many people in this situation. What was promised at the time was genuine but the employment market can change and your own personal circumstances can change as well. We are still waiting for our 176 but I will look to see if we can change to a 175 as we will then have our freedom to go anywhere without feeling guilty.

I agree with you 100 %.

Actually, he has been truthful. He has advised them, ahead of time, that he is going to move because he's not been able to get a job. Your points are really more about the moral aspect of it but not the legal aspect.

Sandra

Exactly! The original email from SA stated: We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was granted.

Guest ulaganayagan

hi there

Legal things aside,did you speak to recruitment agents in Victoria as well.Victoria also does not offer jobs so easily and it should not happen that you are not comfortable in Victoria too.

The job market is a tough nut to crack and dont know what is in store.

When I follow up some advertisers about the reason for rejections,they say they had too many applicants.From where??

Guest jam jar
hi there

today morning i sent an email to immigration SA for moving to Victoria coz i cant find a regular job from last 9 months and i have tried everywhere including all super markets so they sent me this mail i dont understand whether they have allowed me or not because the mail has dual meaning,so please advice me,ur advice will be highly appreciated.

Dear *******

I refer to your email which has been forwarded to me for response. Immigration SA is disappointed that having granted you sponsorship to facilitate visa grant, you are considering moving from South Australia.

Permanent Visa

While legally the Skilled Sponsored Visa (subclass 137/176/886), allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia, you are reminded that sponsorship was granted to enable you to obtain a permanent visa on the basis that you had indicated that you were genuine in your commitment and interest to live and work in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted a permanent visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

You will recall that you had signed a Declaration in the course of the sponsorship application indicating that you would migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years. Through sponsorship from South Australia you were granted the appropriate visa by Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Without this sponsorship you would not have been granted this visa. We can only question if the information provided in your application was genuine.

Your Online application indicated that:

Please detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. This occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my occupation in South Australia. There are so many employment agencies in South Australia and I contact these employment agencies for job. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

What research have you undertaken of the job market in South Australia outside of your nominated occupation? Detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the other employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia. I have more than 5 years of experience as a Toolmaker. According to skills shortage in South Australia, my occupation is in demand in both metropolitan and regional South Australia. There are so many jobs in toolmaking / Machinist etc. in South Australia. I am confident to get good job in my field in South Australia. I have some friends in South Australia and they agreed to give us every kind of support.

One of the objectives of these State Sponsored schemes is to disperse migrants to areas that sponsor them. By migrants not settling in these areas, the objective of this visa program is being compromised.

Having granted you sponsorship, it would be counter-productive for Immigration SA to now agree for you not to settle in South Australia. We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was grAanted.

We advise you to visit/ revisit the employment services to seek more assistance in securing suitable employment. Ring 1800 658 887 to make an appointment. However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further.

Manager - General Skilled Migration

Immigration South Australia

Department of Trade and Economic Development

regards

hi

this looks almost identical to the letter we received from SA immigration, when we asked if we could move states. we were also on a south australia state sponsored regional temporary visa, and was supposed to stay 2 years, but we'd had enough of the place after 15 months so asked to leave, they also reminded us of the 'moral obligation'

but basically said, thats all it was, and that we could actually live anywhere in australia, as long as it was regional, it is only a 'moral obligation', its not the law, and could we just inform them of where we move to.

we then got in touch with queensland immigration, to ask if we could move there, they said yes, of course.

weve now been on the goldcoast almost 2 years, we applied for PR after 6 months up here and got it, no problem, (took 3 months exactly)

good luck with your move,

joanna

Archived