crumpet ratings

cjajn

Guest Joanna1

They take some getting used to....i dont think theyre as good as the ones you get in the Uk, wouldnt stop me buying them now and then x

Guest guest33730

Mmmmm - I'm a muffin man myself although my boys tell me the Aussie crumpet isn't bad!!

Daniel

Guest proud2beaussie

Check out Elke Sommer discussing "crumpet" with Kenneth Williams in this clip from Carry on Behind.

It starts at about 2 mins 23 s in,very funny!

( Back on the sunject I love aussie crumpets,and for anyone thinking of buying muffins here make sure

you ask for ENGLISH muffins otherwise you may end up with American muffins which are cakes,you may come across a chain called Muffin Break,they sell Amercian muffins,not the English kind.)

Cheers

Nigel

Guest littlesarah

I find it hard to get them crispy on the outside. I'm not sure why they're not so good - but I do have a Delia Smith recipe, so am thinking that one of these cold wet weekend days I'll make my own! I have a feeling they'd be pretty damn loverly!!!

hi sent you a messgae back at last!!! hows the move going,,, u can jump train at seaford to catch up for a drink if u fancy once u get over the flight.. just let me know if u need any more help before hand cheers lesley oh an crumpets are good not great but good ha

hello lesley, we'll be arriving on the 3rd september. i think i've just sent you a request on facebook either that or everyone called lesley from scotland married scousers as well. hope alls well and i'll try and slip a packet of warburtons finest past customs. if i hide them inside the big bag of heroin they may not find them.

I liked the crumpet bread they sold here but it has disappeared from the supermarkets :(

Re ordinary crumpets, just buy a selection and chose the brand closest to your taste. I agree they are a bit 'damper' than their UK equivalents. :swoon:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone

i have to say i thought the bread/crumpets and other bakery stuff in Brisbane wasn't as good as the uk, not meaning to offend or argue, but i did only go to coles and woolworths, but the bread was poor and the crumpets not as soft, but i did like the differents flavours.

I love muffins and crumpet, preferably together. lol

Can I just recommend the Scone Bread they have just started selling in Woolies - it is beyond gorgeous!! You toast it like ordinary bread and it tastes like scones ... Put a blob of butter, jam and cream on and it's sooo yummy .. They do it in 2 flavours, buttermilk or caramel ..nom nom nom!

Sue x

Guest brooksey

I'm in the "you can't taste the difference" mob. There just 4 times the price in Australia, the same as everything else

hello lesley, we'll be arriving on the 3rd september. i think i've just sent you a request on facebook either that or everyone called lesley from scotland married scousers as well. hope alls well and i'll try and slip a packet of warburtons finest past customs. if i hide them inside the big bag of heroin they may not find them.

ha u mental,, yip seen request its me alright ha ,,,just puttin wain into kindy an off to bay for nice lunch, sun is out today,, 15 bucks for lunch including wine fab,,:chatterbox:

we all enjoy the occasional bit of crumpet for breakfast. can anyone reassure us that the australian crumpet can hold it's own against the great british version:notworthy:

Tried the Coles own brand and I was not impressed, however the branded ones are ok

Can I just recommend the Scone Bread they have just started selling in Woolies - it is beyond gorgeous!! You toast it like ordinary bread and it tastes like scones ... Put a blob of butter, jam and cream on and it's sooo yummy .. They do it in 2 flavours, buttermilk or caramel ..nom nom nom!

Sue x

That sounds great, will try and find it the next time I go shopping

I;ve noticed that aussie ones don't toast as well as English ones in the toaster but do Ok under the grill. Nice with marmite on them. I might try them on the BBQ

Actually, that's absolutely right - I'd forgotten that I have to toast them twice until you mentioned that (just turning the toaster up doesn't work!) :laugh:

Sue x

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
we all enjoy the occasional bit of crumpet for breakfast. can anyone reassure us that the australian crumpet can hold it's own against the great british version:notworthy:

Forget Crumpets, so passe ...get yourself a loaf of CRUMPET BREAD ... Trust me, this stuff beats all known forms of crumpet both British or Aussie.

Archived