Import permit for car and motor bike

RoseBrown1972

Hi

Has anyone any experience with applying for import permits for a car and motor bike? Submitted application for my car and hubbys bike early June and today I recieved an email about the car but so far nothing about the bike. Although I suspect based on the time of the email the bike one could arrive during their next working day.

With the application I provided a copy of the email confirming our short term rental in Perth and a copy of our one way flight itinery but they want more information to prove our intention to move permanently:

Copy of rental agreement in Oz (won't receive until in oz)

Copy of Oz utilitie agreements (included in rent)

Offer of employment in Oz- not anticipating getting work until we are in Oz

Proof of sale of house- on market but not sold and still moving even if it isn't

Oz bank account- can open on line but not moving until Nov and you have 3 months from date of opening to provide ID either in Oz or london branch so too soon.

TFN number, medi care and driving licence application- can't be done until in Oz

The only option they give that is possible is a letter from my employer saying that I have advised them of my intention to leave, this is not possible for husband has employers have no idea of our plans and it is better to leave it this way for now! However this on its own doesn't give sufficient points.

We leave on 20 Nov and my car will go either then with our household goods or possibily earlier if the house sells but we wanted to send the bike ahead to be there more or less when we arrive.

Anyone else had this issue and how did you get round it?

Thanks

Rose

This is what I was asked for

· All applicants are required to provide evidence of their intention to remain in Australia indefinitely. You must be able to provide documentation equalling at least 100 points. Please see the table below for acceptable documents.

· Documents used to establish an intention to remain in Australia indefinitely.

· Primary documents that applicants can use to substantiate Australian residency

· 50 points documents

· the recent commencement of Australian employment (egg, a letter from the new employer).

· the recent cessation of overseas employment (egg, a letter from the previous employer).

· a recent rental agreement / purchase agreement for the applicants Australian residential property (i.e., longstanding holiday or second homes don’t count).

· a recent sale / cancellation of the applicants overseas residential property.

· Secondary documents that applicants can use to substantiate Australian residency

· 20 point documents

· the shipment of the applicants household goods to Australia

· the enrolment of the applicants children in an Australian school.

· 10 point document

· other documents relating to the applicants Australian residential property (egg, telephone / electricity accounts).

Sorry if you already have this info.

But we were lucky enough to easily make the 100 points required.

Maybe you might have to wait until you can get the proof required

Our import Doc for our car is in the post to us now

Howard

Yes that was what I received as well, the only thing I have is a rental agreement on email for 3 months and one way flights booked, I can get a letter from my employer stating that I have advised him of my intention to leave my employment in November not sure if this will be enough. They already have the flight itinery and emails regarding the rental so I'm assuming that these aren't sufficient for them to have emailed me.

Can't really wait until we can get the proof needed as we will be in Oz and we need the bike to leave early sept at the latest and the car at the latest when we leave in November.

I can't be alone in not meeting these requirements as a lot of people go without work and only short term holiday rentals!

Thanks

Rose

Guest Paul in UK
Yes that was what I received as well, the only thing I have is a rental agreement on email for 3 months and one way flights booked, I can get a letter from my employer stating that I have advised him of my intention to leave my employment in November not sure if this will be enough. They already have the flight itinery and emails regarding the rental so I'm assuming that these aren't sufficient for them to have emailed me.

Can't really wait until we can get the proof needed as we will be in Oz and we need the bike to leave early sept at the latest and the car at the latest when we leave in November.

I can't be alone in not meeting these requirements as a lot of people go without work and only short term holiday rentals!

Thanks

Rose

I know it doesn't really answer your question but you can still import upto 6 months after landing in Australia.

Yes I did know that but we want the bike there for when we arrive give or take a week so we don't have to hire or buy a car. The car can arrive later if necessary but obviously the sooner the better plus it is cheaper for it to leave when the rest of our stuff does rather than at a later date! We haven't received the email for the bike yet but I assume the requirements are the same!

Thanks anyway!

Guest B3lty

Hi I just wondered the outcome of you application as we've also applied for an import licence for a motorbike and are yet to hear anything.

Thanks

Archived