Relocating to Brisbane 2010 - Roll Call!

Guest Benchola

hi. I have introduced myself before (been on here 3 years) but as there are a lot of newbies I will do it again.

Lisa and John. Nurse and Firefighter. Moving to Queensland on the 25th December. Lisa has had 2 interviews and has been offered both jobs: Gold coast and Sunshine coast hospitals. We are still not sure where we are going to go yet though! I fancy a change of career and flew out to Brisbane in June and sat all my exams and tests for the Queensland Police. Been told unofficially that I should have no problem getting on the January intake at the Police academy.We have 3 "children" between us: 23,21 and 20 but they are not coming with us. This is our time now to do what we want to do.Sold our house last year and am in rented so we are good to go.

JOHN

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest traynmart
Hi,

We won't be far behind you - we arrive 10th Nov!! Have gone from being mega-organised to 'chaos reigns' - seem to have got 'behind' in the prep for the shippers (they arrive 12th) so now crazily trying to get organsied - 9 bags of clothes off for recycling this evening!!

How old are the kids, Tracey. Travelled with mine last year - 6 & 11 at time - I was far worse 'Are we there yet?' was MY catch phrase! I had an extensive 'activity' bag packed (4 kids) but hardly touched - they were happy to fiddle with in flight entertainment system - so all my efforts for nothing!

Good luck - Hope the move goes smoothly !!

P.s Where in M'cr - we Rochdale!!

Hi rahrah,

Our son is 5 and our daughter is 2.

We too have been doing charity shop runs and also selling stuff on ebay, I think our Son will be using your catchphrase "Our we there yet"

We are from Swinton (Salford). Where abouts in Brisbane are you looking to move too?

Hope your packing and move goes well too.

Guest MeJulie

Hi everyone,

Loved reading everyone’s posts, we are Julie (that’s me), Husband (Rob – Quantity Surveyor), Chloe (19 not coming with us…at this time), Tommy (17 – Student) and last, but not least, Callum (3 – little rogue).

We have been granted our visas but unable to move yet as Tommy is in his final year of A Levels so will be looking to make the move next June/July …. Maybe I should start a new thread for all those intending to make the move to Brisbane 2011? We are unsure yet where we gonna move too, but getting lots of feedback from you guys is great. House is on the market as of yesterday so bring it on I say…. Cant wait!!

Julie

• 2 months later...
hi. I have introduced myself before (been on here 3 years) but as there are a lot of newbies I will do it again.

Lisa and John. Nurse and Firefighter. Moving to Queensland on the 25th December. Lisa has had 2 interviews and has been offered both jobs: Gold coast and Sunshine coast hospitals. We are still not sure where we are going to go yet though!

JOHN

go Sunshine - much prefer it to Gold Coast. Some lovely places north of Brisbane

Kathx

Archived