Wine

Northernpommy

Guest guest36762

have you tried Dan Murphy's they have a v good choice

the fellas there seem to know what they're talking about so would be able to suggest an alternative. I don't personally know what grenache is like. My fave is the very popular SSB (semillon sauvignon blanc) blends from Marlborough NZ or Margaret River regions. Vintage Cellars worth a try too. Where are you in Oz? Even here in provincial Geelong we have a posh wine shop called Randalls

Hi everyone,

Am I the only person who wants Californian wine living in Australia. I can not find a white zinfandel or white grenache anywhere.?#

#

Has anyone else managed to get any... starting to wither up without it.

Thanks

I love it, last I had I bought from David Jones in Melbourne. Am going to Dan Murphy this morning so will find out for you.

Guest guest36762

have you tried some of the wines from alsace? eg riesling or gewurtztraminer. or as I said the ssb blends are very light (eg Shades sauvignon blanc semillon which I've got from dan's), and there's always sancerre which is pricey but gorgeous

Guest gary12

I have a lovely bottle of white shiraz that I am about to open, purchased this afternoon in Liqorland, you can also get the sparking one in Dans and I think BWS. It's made by Banrock Station cost me $9. I have a feeling there was a White Grenache on sale too.

Try the Yarra Valley Pinot Noir, you won't go far wrong.

Bottoms up!

Michelle

I have a lovely bottle of white shiraz that I am about to open, purchased this afternoon in Liqorland, you can also get the sparking one in Dans and I think BWS. It's made by Banrock Station cost me $9. I have a feeling there was a White Grenache on sale

Bottoms up!

Michelle

I like the Banrock W/shiraz too michelle, do you know that you can buy it in one of the small 2 litre casks? Dan's had some nice cheap bottles of similar wine in the sale tubs/bins in the store. Yum

Guest Guest26012
Hi everyone,

Am I the only person who wants Californian wine living in Australia. I can not find a white zinfandel or white grenache anywhere.?#

#

Thanks

I drink wine by the box! $12.99 for a 4 litre of red! After a couple of glasses its all the same!! :rolleyes:

ive got to be honest here , we drink that much wine we buy the 5lt cask, its berries traditional red for me and the estates classic dry white for my wife , over the yrs ive had shed loads of different bottles of wine , but this berris gear is real good and so cheap! 2 5lt cask for 20 bucks today at first choice , never pay over $13 per cask......give it a go if you drink often as it save you keep stocking up ........now n again i will buy a good red bottle just for a change .........

I drink wine by the box! $12.99 for a 4 litre of red! After a couple of glasses its all the same!! :rolleyes:

mad cow , is you cask the hardys ? try the berri`s ..........its good if your into cask wine ......

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi everyone,

#

Thanks

Hi Northernpommy

i know i won't have to tell you this, but.............when we were in Brisbane we found several types of sweetish white wine for less than $20 for 5 litres.

We are not connesiours of good wine but we do like white zinfadel and can understand why you crave it, but the wines we had were very nice, just not really special, like the white zinfadel.

Best of luck with your hunt, but in the mean time get some cheapo substitute stuff down yer neck, at least it will numb the pain of your lost love..............of white zinfadel of course.

jim:wink:

Guest guest36762

Oh I know the wine you're looking for!

get a 20L cask of Mosel (for about $5-cheaper than water). its the drink of choice for 'thirsty' locals on the Esplanade in Cairns. Its so sweet, even my mother in law (who calls white wine 'clear wine' and puts red wine in the fridge) would like it if I had the audacity to get her some for christmas.

Guest gary12
I like the Banrock W/shiraz too michelle, do you know that you can buy it in one of the small 2 litre casks? Dan's had some nice cheap bottles of similar wine in the sale tubs/bins in the store. Yum

Yes Olly thanks, I have stopped buying by the cask though the temptation is just to much for me, I have no willpower!!! :swoon:

I buy the cleanskin sparkling rose from Dans slips down very nicely I have to say. I think the selection is super in Dan Murphy, infact I would go so far as to say it's my favorite shop in Oz :biglaugh:

kind regards

Michelle

Yes Olly thanks, I have stopped buying by the cask though the temptation is just to much for me, I have no willpower!!! :swoon:

I buy the cleanskin sparkling rose from Dans slips down very nicely I have to say. I think the selection is super in Dan Murphy, infact I would go so far as to say it's my favorite shop in Oz :biglaugh:

kind regards

Michelle

And mine Michelle, after Bunnings that is, wouldn't want to put the bottle shop above the hardware shop, now that would be a problem while I am doing some painting:laugh:

Archived