UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

Guest kyliecherry

Very pleased to say I have received my Visa and original docs back in the mail… dates etc are okay, fortunately! My photo is a teeny bit blurry which I found strange but then I guess that’s what the biometrics is for.

Only thing they didn’t return, was the notarised copy of my husband’s passport – which we paid $120 for – I’ve sent an email requesting its return, but I’m not sure how lucky I will be!

Did anyone else not get this returned with their original documents??

Otherwise, all is great, VERY excited! The packing company comes today & am almost done tying up all of the loose ends. Staying with friends until my last working day on Friday, then we fly to Queensland on Saturday night to spend the week with my family, then flying out of Aus on Sunday 12th September! I can’t believe it’s actually happening, it feels like a dream... thank God for discovering this forum in the final weeks of the process, or else I may have gone mad by now!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Kylie Cherry!

Day 41 for me so fingers crossed for a result in the next couple of weeks!

Necole

I have received my Visa and original docs back in the mail… dates etc are okay, fortunately! My photo is a teeny bit blurry inwhich I found strange but then I guess that’s what the biometrics is for.

Only thing they didn’t return, was the notarised copy of my husband’s passport – which we paid $120 for – I’ve sent an email requesting its return, but I’m not sure how lucky I will be!

Did anyone else not get this returned with their original documents??

Otherwise, all is great, VERY excited! The packing company comes today & am almost done tying up all of the loose ends. Staying with friends until my last working day on Friday, then we fly to Queensland on Saturday night to spend the week with my family, then flying out of Aus on Sunday 12th September! I can’t believe it’s actually happening, it feels like a dream... thank God for discovering this forum in the final weeks of the process, or else I may have gone mad by now!

Guest bob4shirl

Need your Help

Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same situation as me??

I have just sent all the documents for a Spouse Visa for me to go to the UK .

Any idea of the waiting time before we hear back from Canbera regarding the Visa??

Any Help at all will be much appreciated..

My email address bob4shirl@yahoo.com.au

Kind Regards

bob

Need your Help

Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same situation as me??

I have just sent all the documents for a Spouse Visa for me to go to the UK .

Any idea of the waiting time before we hear back from Canbera regarding the Visa??

Any Help at all will be much appreciated..

My email address bob4shirl@yahoo.com.au

Kind Regards

bob

Um, we've all gone through it! Or are currently going through it.

Processing times for June are here:

Guide to visa processing times

July hasn't been posted yet, but it's taking close to the 60 day maximum at the moment.

Guest kyliecherry
Congrats Kylie Cherry!

Day 41 for me so fingers crossed for a result in the next couple of weeks!

Fingers crossed for you Necole!!

Guest michael29

Hi guys,

I have a question to ask everyone, my wife has sent her appeal back recently. Her Australian citizenship has just come through now. Do we need to let the ECO manger know about this or since the application has already been processed just leave it as it is. Alot of people have dual nationality these days. In her application her nationality is Korean but now she will be Australian, she doesn't have her Aussie passport yet.

We are not sure what to do? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Guest BrightonKate

New to this forum but I am heart broken and frustrated with the whole ridiculous process. UKBA took 58 days to inform my Oz fiance that his visa had been declined. The only reason being that we naively looked at getting married in Italy - and sent copies of emails to a wedding planner in Italy with our fiance visa application. We hadn't realised this would not be allowed but had actually discounted this option and decided to get married in Brighton anyway, before the visa was declined. We have submitted an appeal stating that this was just one of many enquiries we made when we first got engaged and have sent new documents from the registry office in Brighton etc etc.

Has anyone had experience of an appeal? My boy went back to Oz in Oct 2009 and we have only spent 6 weeks together since then :(

Hi guys,

I have a question to ask everyone, my wife has sent her appeal back recently. Her Australian citizenship has just come through now. Do we need to let the ECO manger know about this or since the application has already been processed just leave it as it is. Alot of people have dual nationality these days. In her application her nationality is Korean but now she will be Australian, she doesn't have her Aussie passport yet.

We are not sure what to do? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Sorry Michael. No idea on this one. Is it relevant to what they declined you on at first application?

Necole

New to this forum but I am heart broken and frustrated with the whole ridiculous process. UKBA took 58 days to inform my Oz fiance that his visa had been declined. The only reason being that we naively looked at getting married in Italy - and sent copies of emails to a wedding planner in Italy with our fiance visa application. We hadn't realised this would not be allowed but had actually discounted this option and decided to get married in Brighton anyway, before the visa was declined. We have submitted an appeal stating that this was just one of many enquiries we made when we first got engaged and have sent new documents from the registry office in Brighton etc etc.

Has anyone had experience of an appeal? My boy went back to Oz in Oct 2009 and we have only spent 6 weeks together since then :(

Oh, so sorry to hear that. :(

Did you send any other evidence of considering a UK wedding, or only the Italy stuff?

I don't know if they'll accept new evidence showing a different situation to what you were in at the time of application... you might want to get some proper advice on this. Best of luck, let us know how you go.

Guest wecantski

thank god we found this forum- we were about to book our tickets and i decided to see what the average processign times were and stumbled across this thread.

my settlement visa has been in since 26th august- havent heard anything yet. whoever commented on the aussie process as opposed to the english one was spot on!my wife's aussie visa's have taken no longer than 4 weeks for each one and they are the hardcore ones where you need to send photos, statements, have tb screening etc..its outrageous they have such control over our lives at the minute.

somehow when we filled out our application we got an old checklist from 2008 which was completely different to the current one!

anyway fingers crossed we dont have the nightmare some on here did, we are desperate to get back for jobs etc...

just one quick question- is there any point calling the $11 line?they cant comment on your case or give you progress can they?i spoke to them whilst we were putting the app together and they were always extremely rude, cold and unhelpful

Day 41 in the big bother house for me today.

Really starting to feel gloomy now...

Does anyone have any news? I could use some success stories!

Necole, I'm 5 or 6 days behind you so I'm really looking forward to hearing when you get yours! :cute:

Guest James78

Oh my god, I cant explain how relieved I am to know that others are feeling my pain hahahaha!!!!!:biglaugh:

I too am waiting for the outcome of my UK Fiance Visa and if I read correctly Necole I am in exactly the same time frame as you but my intended date of departure is September 30th.

I decided to kiss away $2K and employed a relocation agency to look after all of my documentation and after alot of hard work (especially from my fiance in the UK) it was all compiled and sent off and the assurance that all the paperwork etc fulfills the immigration requirements. The stress' are though......

*We have never lived together, I spent and extended amount of time with her in the UK twice this year and she came to Melbourne once (and Necole she too is a PM). I worried that this would be frowned upon as we had never lived together permanantly but have been advised that it wont matter to them one bit.

*I am also a single parent to my 7 year old Daughter and she is obviously moving also, so even though it isnt a problem and she has been to the UK before, its always in the back of my mind that it could be an issue.

But all that aside, my fiance and I are both financially stable and that is what alot of it comes down too.

As far as life being in limbo, I (foolishly maybe) have sent the contents of my house to the UK and is due to arrive on October 12th, and also I have rented out my property here and signed a lease with my fiance on a property in the UK hense the extra pressure (self inflicted obviously).

So thats my story, I am on day 47 and expect and answer hopefully within the next 10 days.

I hope my story can help anyone with any doubts as reading the last posts helped me alot also.

FYI I am 31 and my fiance is 27.

James

Guest giddy09

I think I am the same time frame as you KG1978, as I am also day 41 today. Which I guess means not far behind James and Necole, so I would love to hear when you guys get your response!

I know how you feel James, it is such a nightmare trying to organise your life around an unknown timeframe!

Best wishes everyone, I hope everything gets sorted for us all soon.

Hi James, welcome to limbo! :smile:

It's not a requirement to have lived together (lots of reasons couples don't do that), so it shouldn't matter. Best of luck!

Giddy - so good to know there's someone on same time track as me. I got my confirmation email on July 14, the day after I sent application, which I thought was pretty good. Of course, not so good since then!

I cracked it the other day and filled out a ranting customer service survey on UKBA site, listing loads of complaints (including some on behalf of other people! Ie, re the very late refusals for easily resolved issues like non-notarised passports!!). Probably no one will ever read it, but it made me feel better! :confused:

Guest giddy09

July processing times could not be more depressing. :no:

90 working days :arghh:

I am on the same timeframe as you KG1978 so please keep posting especially if you hear anything.

I don't understand why it all has to take so long.

Yeah, but the good news is that that's July - we always knew that would be worst month. And now we're in September, hopefully it will be better.

Lots of people seem to be getting it around day 48 - so next Friday for us!?! :)

Guest wecantski

hey guys- is there any point calling the $11 line to track my application or can they only begrudingly answer generic questions?

Guest giddy09

KG1978, Next Friday sounds good to me...... really hoping

Try not to think about it too much as I know how disappointed I will be for every day that goes by with no news.

Fingers crossed for Necole and James too!

Guest michael29

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how long everyone waited for their appeals to be overturned? I have been waiting a week so far. It took 58 days to hear the first decision which was refused on finacial issues. Which is a joke considering we had savings and a financial sponser in the UK. I am just so angry in the lack of communication and the length of time waiting when something like this could be resloved with a simple phone call or email. What can you do eh?

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Michael

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how long everyone waited for their appeals to be overturned? I have been waiting a week so far. It took 58 days to hear the first decision which was refused on finacial issues. Which is a joke considering we had savings and a financial sponser in the UK. I am just so angry in the lack of communication and the length of time waiting when something like this could be resloved with a simple phone call or email. What can you do eh?

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Michael

Ooh, now you really have me worried! I don't know about appeals as we're still waiting but our financial situation isn't the strongest. They don't consider third party sponsors though, right? Is that why you were refused?

My partner went back to get a job for this reason, and we sent his contract and salary details, but we don't have loads of savings...

Guest michael29

Basically the decision was made that they think we would need public funds. Which obviously I totally disagree with. I had a letter from my parents saying we could live with them, I included their mortgage statement as well. On top of that we had 6000 GBP savings. I think it's a disgrace and hopefully they will overturn this decision soon.

Michaell

Archived