UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kseatonqld
This is the whole brief history...

My email from UKBA arrived on 29/4/2010. They made their decision (refusal) on 16/7/2010 but didn't send an email out until 23/7/2010. The email they sent out didn't say it had been refused - just that the visa had been "processed". I received my documents back on 28/7 and appeal arrived with them 29/7. I sent a whole lot of emails to them and I also sent a fax off to them on Monday 2/8/2010 detailing compelling reasons why my application appeal needed to be looked at quickly. I also posted the fax so they had a hard copy. The case was reviewed by the Entry Clearance Manager and the HC on Thursday 4/8 and the HC rang me yesterday 5/8. I received my approved visa and all documents back this morning.

You're not being persecuted - it's fairly common to forget the passport I think. However - it's also the EASIEST thing to challenge on and an Entry Clearance Manager can very quickly reverse a decision if the immigration document was the sole issue for refusal. But you have to deal with the local post of the UK Border agency and put together a good letter as to why it needs to be dealt with AND how easy this is to clear up.

Good Luck - it's worth it in the end...

It has not arrived in the UK yet, so maybe we could stop it and try your approach?

We sent it priority courier, but it still take two buisness days to arrive in the UK.

Who did you contact by e-mail, fax, snail mail (aus post)? If we could have this sorted on monday i would be overjoyed.

I think we have good reason to request a prompt resolution - i gave notice at my work, finished on the 30th [no money = financial devastation], two school aged children who have a current stay of education until the 30th sepetmenber (this was approved as they were meant to start in the UK on 6th spetember). WE have sold everything we own and we are staying at my mothers until we can be allowed permission to move.

Guest janahan

Hi all,

We are just about to post off our application for my wife next wednesday. This sounds like a really stupid question, but can i ask how you attached your photos to the form? Also if there is any documents you want or need to add later , how did people address the package(with a ref number or something?)?

Guest KG1978

my way sounds dumb but - I stapled one, panicked, paper clipped the other!

Haven't sent any follow up docs.

cheers

Guest necole

Hi Janahan

I sent a further letter with the application number reference that you would have had returned once you submitted electronically.

Can't remember what I did with photo's - I think tape...

Necole

Hi all,

We are just about to post off our application for my wife next wednesday. This sounds like a really stupid question, but can i ask how you attached your photos to the form? Also if there is any documents you want or need to add later , how did people address the package(with a ref number or something?)?

Guest kseatonqld

Name/initials: KS

Date of email confirming receipt: 17 May 2010

Intended date of travel listed: 2 august 2010

Visa refused [didnot send sponsors UK passport]

Date appeal lodged: TBA

Hi all. As many here would know i sent an extra package in the SAME DAY that my visa was approved...! When I called the line they said to put your application ID on the coversheet (rather obvious) but "Existing Applications" somewhere on the front of the envelope so it would go straight to the 'in process' files/area/whatever. That might help speed up getting it all together. I actually sent three packages and know this worked as the first two were joined and returned to me.

Good luck all. I am now in the UK feeling relieved but still dealing with housing dramas. All the Brits ask why I am not more jet-lagged/tired/relaxing at home more. I guess they don't understand how stressful the lead up is and so I'm still grinning from ear to ear for a reason... :) This is bliss compared to waiting for a visa email even though I need about a week's sleep to recover.

Guest incubus1971
Hi all. As many here would know i sent an extra package in the SAME DAY that my visa was approved...! When I called the line they said to put your application ID on the coversheet (rather obvious) but "Existing Applications" somewhere on the front of the envelope so it would go straight to the 'in process' files/area/whatever. That might help speed up getting it all together. I actually sent three packages and know this worked as the first two were joined and returned to me.

Good luck all. I am now in the UK feeling relieved but still dealing with housing dramas. All the Brits ask why I am not more jet-lagged/tired/relaxing at home more. I guess they don't understand how stressful the lead up is and so I'm still grinning from ear to ear for a reason... :) This is bliss compared to waiting for a visa email even though I need about a week's sleep to recover.

well done! ... I'm leaving on the 28th and spending a 3 nights in Malaysia on the way. We both need a couple of nights as a treat before getting back into the whole looking-for-jobs/house etc .... how exciting!!!:jiggy:

Guest michael29

Hi Guys,

Well this is the 12th week for me now and still haven't heard a thing!! I am going to call tomorrow but I just wanted to check this is the correct number to call 1902 941 555 UKBA visa information, also is this $11 per min?

Does anyone know how long it takes to actually speak to a person, I don't want to be passed around especially at that price. I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has.

Thanks

Michael

Guest kyliecherry

It disgusts me how they can let it go to the twelfth week without a single word (I only hope we know before then – week 8 this week)... good luck!!

Guest michael29

Hi Everyone,

I have just recieved this email after 58 long days of waiting! I have to wait and see now why it hasn't been accepted. Both passports were included in the application so I really have no idea why it's been refused. I just don't know what to think now... I know it's a long shot but has anyone had this email and actually been accepted? I will let you guys know when I recieve everything back in the post.

Michael

Dear Applicant,

Your application has been processed and your passport should be despatched within the next 5 working days.

N.B. Applications submitted from New Zealand may take an additional 2-3 days.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

UKBA Visa Services

International Group - Canberra

Guest frustratedash

i have recieved this morning the same email as michael i too don't have a clue as to why i haven't had my visa accepted i guess we just have to keep waiting till we get everything back ! i'll post when i know more :(

Guest KG1978

Sorry to hear this guys! Fingers crossed that Australia has joined the rest of the world in sending out the same email, whether successful or not...

You def had all the docs? 3 months bank statements, full marriage cert, notarised docs that weren't originals, signed forms etc!??! I'm at a loss...

Guest kyliecherry

Ambiguity aside, that doesn't look like a rejection email... isn't that the standard response for when it's been processed (succesfully)? If it's refused, they normally specificy the reason/s don't they?

I would call them again, tell them before you pay credit details that you want to query the context of the email (as they may not charge you), and clarifiy the wording.

Fingers crossed!

Guest kyliecherry

God this whole process really p!sses me off! :arghh: all that time and they can't even be bloody clear in the response!

Guest incubus1971
Ambiguity aside, that doesn't look like a rejection email... isn't that the standard response for when it's been processed (succesfully)? If it's refused, they normally specificy the reason/s don't they?

I would call them again, tell them before you pay credit details that you want to query the context of the email (as they may not charge you), and clarifiy the wording.

Fingers crossed!

I can only vouch for my application and the first email (refusal) was exactly the same wording.

When they later overturned the decision (based on roviding other documents), I got this email:

"Your application has been approved and your documents will be despatched within 3 working days. New Zealand applications may take a futher 3 days to arrive in the postal system. Couriered packages can then be traced using the consignment number.

It will be delivered by EXP PLAT Their reference number is ZY594031

This is an automated message. Please do not respond."

The refusal decison comes with the documents. They tell you exactly what they have refused you on - so, if you have missed any other documents or have any further evidence, then you only need to send those documents back to them to clarify.

Take heart, if you can prove why their decision is wrong (and it's straight forward) it may only take a week. The ECM reviews all cases refused and appealed before it goes back to the UK so, if you provide the evidence straight away, there's a good chance of a favourable review.

Good Luck ... and I hope that they have standardised their responses for your sake...

Guest necole

Sorry to hear that news Michael. Please let us know when you find out further. If nothing else hopefully our experiences can be shared with others for a better experience for them in the future...

I keep thinking " should I have done this, should I have done that"...My application probably comes across as very matter of fact - perhaps I should have done more? Who knows...I guess we won't until we get a response!

Two more days of work left, our stuff arrives in the UK next week and we will be in the "nether nether"... (and I've only just passed Day 25!!!)

Necole

Hi Everyone,

I have just recieved this email after 58 long days of waiting! I have to wait and see now why it hasn't been accepted. Both passports were included in the application so I really have no idea why it's been refused. I just don't know what to think now... I know it's a long shot but has anyone had this email and actually been accepted? I will let you guys know when I recieve everything back in the post.

Michael

Dear Applicant,

Your application has been processed and your passport should be despatched within the next 5 working days.

N.B. Applications submitted from New Zealand may take an additional 2-3 days.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

UKBA Visa Services

International Group - Canberra

Guest michael29

Thanks for the info Incubus, I will let everyone know when I recieve it back in the post. Good luck to everyone else waiting, this forum has really helped and the more info everyone can share the better.

Thanks

Michael

Archived