UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

Guest tryingtogettotheUK
Hi,

Yes I will let you know for sure! I haven't heard anything yet:( I am really hoping it's this week..

I am checking my email every few hrs.. I will keep you updated and good luck.

Thanks

Michael

Michael, I can't believe we have not heard anything as yet. After all the encouraging news last week I really thought we might be first cab off the ranks this week... Ahhh I really hope we don't have many more days (or hours) to wait this is painful!

:):arghh:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest michael29

Hi

No news today!! I know how you feel it's so frustrating! Let's hope to hear something tomorrow:)

take care

Michael

Guest necole
Hi

No news today!! I know how you feel it's so frustrating! Let's hope to hear something tomorrow:)

take care

Michael

Just relooked at this - now I know why you two are chomping at the bit!

Sending positive vibes...

Necole

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Hope you all here good news asap.. bit like a watched kettle never boils!

Best of luck and all the best

Deb :radar:

Guest tryingtogettotheUK
Just relooked at this - now I know why you two are chomping at the bit!

Sending positive vibes...

Necole

Hehe... I have been updating this spreasheet also... very good of you!

Yes hopefully Michael and I are next in line. I have a holiday booked to Turkey on 17th August leaving from London. I also need to quit work and send boxes so I feel eager to know whether I will be heading there in time.

Thanks guys... fingers crossed for us all!

I will try not to watch the kettle :)

Guest tryingtogettotheUK
Hi

take care

Michael

Hi Michael and Everyone,

After 51 long days I have had my visa appoved. 10.18am 28/07/10. I will let you know when I recieve my documents. But I wanted to say the biggest thank you for all of your comments along the way, without which, I would have definitely lost the plot.

Thanks and Good Luck :):biggrin:

Guest incubus1971

Just a progress update ... I figure logging all of this might be useful to anyone out there in the future who has a refusal ...

1. I received my documents back on Monday 26/7/2010. In the documents it says that the decision was made on the 16/7/2010 ... so it took five working days between making a decision and emailing me .. then one day to get the documents.

2. I received an appeals form with the letter as to why it was refused. In my case the refusal was only listed as being because of not being able to verify the immigration status of my UK partner. If there were other reasons they would have listed them as well (according to the research on the net - look up all of the UK Border Agency complaints especially the "Quick & Fair" review from Feb 2010 and you can see all of the ways they can refuse you)

3. I filled out the form and enclosed all of the origianl documents (just to be on the safe side) as well as my partner's actual passport (although they do say not to send the original passport but a copy - I just didn't want there to be any risk at all in them saying they weren't sure of the validity of the appeal). I posted on Monday 26/7/2010 at 2.30pm

4. 28/7/2010 received an email from UKBA saying they had received my documents and would be handing them to the Entry Clearance Manager for review.

I have been doing my research and in the link (http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/ImmigrationAsylum/FAQs/FAQ5.htm) it indicates that in some situations, if the issue with the decision can be resolved by the agency at the office where you lodged the appeal (which I did) - they may be able to review the decision. No time frames given ....

I will keep you all posted ....

Guest michael29

Good Morning,

That's great news!!! congratulations:) I still haven't heard anything as of yet. I will keep everyone posted, good Luck everyone.

Michael

Hi Michael and Everyone,

After 51 long days I have had my visa appoved. 10.18am 28/07/10. I will let you know when I recieve my documents. But I wanted to say the biggest thank you for all of your comments along the way, without which, I would have definitely lost the plot.

Congratulations! That's great and it does seem as though the 51 day mark is more common than the full 12 weeks (she says, living in hope...!). Looks like you'll make that holiday after all.

Thanks for the update Incubus. If the docs are going to the Entry Clearance Manager then that sounds quite positive and a mere formality. I hope you hear back in the next day or two.

I really don't know why I bother checking my emails as I'm at least two or three weeks off from receiving an outcome. But you all know I will... Can I send them a bill for physio to rectify the RSI?!!!

Guest necole

Congrats TTGUK!

I have only hit day 15... a long way to go yet...but the good news is I have had copies of deeds to the mother-in-laws house emailed to me last night so they have gone off to the consulate today...

Hi Michael and Everyone,

Guest christopherm
Hi Michael and Everyone,

Congratulations.

This is day 30 for us, i was secretly hoping that we'd be one of the lucky few to squeak through within this threshold.

I am flying out on Monday, looks like my wife has a minimum of 20 more business days here...sub-optimal but I guess that's how it is.

C

Guest MXP78
Hi Michael and Everyone,

Congratulations. Turkey here you come! I travelled around Turkey for a month. It's a great place.

Hi all. In a bizarre set of circumstances I had three emails today (me and two kids) to say our visa applications are approved. We also learned that the house we've been trying to purchase in the UK had contracts exchanged yesterday and completion set for the 11th. So guess who sent off a letter to Canberra express post with that, the hard copy bank statements and a note to say my husband was flying out, just before I ignored my email cos it was NEVER going to be the high commission?!

So hubby has cancelled tonight's flight and we've booked for Weds evening in the (hopefully not vain) hope that our passports will arrive in the post on Wednesday.

Thanks all for the chitter chatter over the past few weeks. I hope this is a sign that someone in Canberra is processing applications quickly now that the July 19th rules are in place etc.

All the best

Amanda:smile:

Guest KG1978

Fantastic news, congratulations Amanda! All the best with your move and fingers crossed you can catch that Wednesday flight! :biggrin:

Guest necole

44 days!!!

Congrats Amanda. Michael you had any news?

Necole

Hi all. In a bizarre set of circumstances I had three emails today (me and two kids) to say our visa applications are approved. We also learned that the house we've been trying to purchase in the UK had contracts exchanged yesterday and completion set for the 11th. So guess who sent off a letter to Canberra express post with that, the hard copy bank statements and a note to say my husband was flying out, just before I ignored my email cos it was NEVER going to be the high commission?!

So hubby has cancelled tonight's flight and we've booked for Weds evening in the (hopefully not vain) hope that our passports will arrive in the post on Wednesday.

Thanks all for the chitter chatter over the past few weeks. I hope this is a sign that someone in Canberra is processing applications quickly now that the July 19th rules are in place etc.

All the best

Guest michael29

Hi Guys,

No news yet!! It has to be next week surely? I will keep you all updated..

Have a good weekend everyone

Take care

Michael

Guest MXP78

All the best

Congratulations Amanda. Great news on the visa and even better news that the family can travel together. I must admit I had a little chuckle over you sending all the docs in before checking your email!

I've just arrived in Malaysia for a weeks beach holiday before hitting the UK. Can't believe we're finally on our way.

Guest KG1978

Hi all

I'm not sure that map explains the times though - other hubs around the world, in first world countries, deal with loads of applications too, and it only takes days for some of them. Maybe Australia needs more staff, as does UKBA in London - better trained ones too in UK, who don't give us wrong advice.

They've been cracking down on sham marriages for a while in the UK but I don't think that should affect australian applications. We don't have much financial motivation to move to UK, and they target people who do, from African countries, India and Pakistan. Sad but true. When we registered our marriage in the UK the registrar told us he estimated 25%k of the marriages he registered were fake - yet he still didn't go through all the proper procedures he should have with us because, lucky for me, I have a white face and am Australian!

The system needs to change, but I am not sure they know how.

Guest christopherm

Congratulations Amanda.

I'm currently sitting in Hong Kong airport en route from Melbourne to the UK, my wife is still in Aus. We are hoping to get our visa soon and have been encouraged by others on here getting theirs.

We are hitting day 35 tomorrow....

Hi all. Thanks. We leave tomorrow night and of course have all come down with colds!

As an update, approval was at 12.30 on Friday and docs arrived Monday, which was brilliant.

Funnily, the high commission called me today after receiving the documents via express post. She said she had a chuckle when she saw I'd posted them the same day as the approval came through. She kindly offered to send them back or shred them and I went for the latter.

So in 24 hours we'll be in a cab trying to get to the airport. Loads to do before then and a long trip ahead. I feel totally and utterly numb and can't believe this is finally happening. By Friday I'll be at a friend's wedding in an old English castle, hopefully in what remains of the sunshine. Monday is start of work for hubby and then we get our house Weds and contents Thurs. Phewie that's a lot of stuff in a week eh?!

Good luck to you all. I hope the pace keeps up.

Amanda

Guest michael29

Good Luck with the move back!! I really hope to hear something this week, I am starting to pull my hair out now. I will keep everyone posted!!

Cheers

Michael

Archived