UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

Guest michael29

Hi, you will need to call them and ask them to change the date on the visa. I think it happened to someone else on here before. Don't book any flights until you have changed the date on you're visa.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bob4shirl

Hi all i hope someone can help i am Waiting for my Spouse/Settlement Visa for me to join my Wife in the Uk and this waiting is very hard on us it has been 34 Working days now Feels like a lot longer ,i have heard that the visa is comeing back in about 34 days is that right ?? any idea how long it is in October ?? has anyone had there visa Approved in October or September i sit in front of this pc every day waiting for that e.mail from Canberra wish so very much they would do it ,if i knew there e.mail address i would send them a e.mail but with my luck they might put my papers away for a little longer ,maybe i could phone them but i have heard thats not a good idea ,this is so bad all this waiting hell it is ,if you can help in any way at all please reply.

bob

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Hi Bob, we are in the same boat !

We applied online and paid fee Aug 28th, husband had Bio data done Aug 31st, sent off all paperwork to Canberra and received email Sept 6th stating that they had received our application and not to reply or ring to ask questions as this can hold up procedure!

We like you are sitting daily anxiously awaiting the email.

Please let me know the moment you hear anything, and i will do the same.

Heres hoping that today day 33 (you put 34 but there was a bank holiday monday in there to take off) that we both hear news as this wait is having a huge affect with stress as we have a lot riding on it!

Regards Deb.

Guest catcomestoo

Hi there,

We had email confirming receipt of application on 25th August and then had email saying that it was approved 1st October. It arrived in the post only a few days later... 2 or 3 I think. I think that was 27 days from arrival to approval.

Hope that helps. Good luck! I'm sure it's on its way.

Bob & Deb – We are in the same boat we went to Canberra to submit our application and received email on the 16th Sept, so ours is 8 days or so behind yours. I am in the UK and my partner is in OZ. I’m going crazy with the uncertainty as it’s the longest we have been apart so also counting days…..

September stats should be out it’s nearly November! I keep telling myself we’re half way which keeps me going just pray that we get an answer or something sooner!

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Hi Cami,

as i said to Bob & Shirley i will post as soon as i hear anything !

Day 35 today so am hoping it will be by the end of the week ??????

Here's hoping.

Good luck to all whom are in the same situation & hope you have plenty of woolies as i hear from family in UK that its blooming freezing :biglaugh: and i for one can't wait.

Guest iwazawhingingpom
Hi there,

We had email confirming receipt of application on 25th August and then had email saying that it was approved 1st October. It arrived in the post only a few days later... 2 or 3 I think. I think that was 27 days from arrival to approval.

Hope that helps. Good luck! I'm sure it's on its way.

Lucky you !

Wish ours was that quick, day 41 and still biting my nails!

All the best for your new start back in UK and thanks for the good luck thoughts..

All the best Deb :biggrin:

Guest catcomestoo
Lucky you !

Wish ours was that quick, day 41 and still biting my nails!

All the best for your new start back in UK and thanks for the good luck thoughts..

All the best Deb :biggrin:

Thanks! Yep sounds like we were really lucky. I was bracing myself for a long wait after reading this thread!

Not sure if it helped but after reading all these posts I tried to make the application as easy as humanly possible for them- I separated all the documentation into sections and put them into separate plastic sleeves with a label on the front saying what it was supporting and what it contained, using the same wording as the guidance... for example "Evidence of relationship with sponsor- marriage certificate, rental agreement, birth certificate of son, etc etc" When I'd finished it looked super organised (which is funny cos I'm the most disorganised person in the world :eek:) (The application was for my hubby but I basically did the application!)

I'm not sure if it helped or not, or was any different to what other people do, but it seemed to come through quite quickly so maybe it did?? I know that when I applied for my Oz visa I just bunged everything in the envelope and let them sort it out! But I figured that if I made it a bit easier to assess it might help.

Just thought I'd mention that... just in case it was that that helped... and just in case any other people are reading this before applying and thought it was a good idea! Having said that it might have just been fluke! Actually I'd be really interested to hear what other people did do...

Anyway, I REALLY hope that yours in on the way! It's a bloody long time to wait! Thanks for the good wishes- I'm so excited and equally petrified! Mostly that moving back into the dead of winter was a bad idea. If my hubby doesn't like it we're scuppered. We're stocking up on thermal underwear in the sales!

GOOD LUCK!!!:hug:

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Hi,

Must admit i did the same when sending in all info for visa!

All was marked and in seperate folders as it must be easier for them to navigate through all the paperwork.

We are still waiting.... day 44 today and stressed out with the not knowing :arghh:

We too have been busy buying up winter woolies in the sales ..lol a shock to the system the cold winter will be after 5 years of humidity. But i cannot wait for a christmas back home..

Good luck and safe trip and i am sure your husband will love the UK

Regards Deb :hug:

Guest catcomestoo

I guess it was fluke then! Yep can't wait to be sitting by the fire with a glass of mulled wine looking at the fairy lights on the tree. Bliss!!

Guest iwazawhingingpom
I guess it was fluke then! Yep can't wait to be sitting by the fire with a glass of mulled wine looking at the fairy lights on the tree. Bliss!!

:biggrin:

We got ours today!!!! ;-) day 36 I am so so happy! At least I know when we'll be together longest 7 weeks apart....

Deb you should be getting yours soon as you had yours before ours. Fingers crossed for you guys!

We were really diligent we had three big files of our lives together with picutres, bank statements, all emails and itemised telephone communication printed and highlighted, holidays, contracts, letter from my job... all separated and categorised into each and every month of our time together.

Best wishes to all and thanks for all the info in this page it kept me going the fact that we werent the only ones!

Guest iwazawhingingpom
We got ours today!!!! ;-) day 36 I am so so happy! At least I know when we'll be together longest 7 weeks apart....

Deb you should be getting yours soon as you had yours before ours. Fingers crossed for you guys!

We were really diligent we had three big files of our lives together with picutres, bank statements, all emails and itemised telephone communication printed and highlighted, holidays, contracts, letter from my job... all separated and categorised into each and every month of our time together.

Best wishes to all and thanks for all the info in this page it kept me going the fact that we werent the only ones!

Really happy for you Cami !!

Enjoy your new life in the UK

Safe trip and all the best for the future

Deb :hug:

Guest iwazawhingingpom

Woohoo, day 48 and hubby finally got his spouse settlement visa..

Will be home for christmas :biggrin:

Good luck to those who are still waiting..

All the best to all on PIO you have been a great help

:hug: Deb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rollergirl86

Hi guys,

I'm brand new to this forum - I couldn't find any equivilant websites for Kiwis heading to the UK on spouse visas!? I figured since my application goes to Canberra anyway it'd be great to have a online support network here.

Application Submitted: 25 November 2010

Case Officer (C/O) Email: Not yet received

Visa Granted: Not yet received

Guest Rollergirl86

The latest stats on the UK website say that 70% of the settlement visas were processed in 30 days! That has made my day :D

Guest Rollergirl86

How long did it take for peoplet to get an email from the embassy to say they'd received your application?

I sent mine on the 25th november - it was delivered and signed for on the 26th at the mail centre in Manukau then it should have been sent to Canberra from there. I'm starting to worry that I haven't heard from them.

Guest Rollergirl86

Finally got the email.

Application Submitted: 25 November 2010

Case Officer (C/O) Email: 06 December 2010

Visa Granted: Not yet granted

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rollergirl86

Okay I have searched high and low on every immigration forum on the web to try and find anyone else waiting on a spouse visa from Canberra to no avail!

Does anyone have any idea at least if Dec/Jan is busy for visa applications? I'm pretty much talking to myself here - first sign on madness?

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum and about to start the process of a spouse visa. My husband is a UK citizen and Im from Oz. We are planning to move to the UK in June/July 2010. From reading this forum it appears the process is rather confusing, frustrating and seems to take at least 12 weeks!

If anyone has any tips / suggestions please let me know as Im at the point of starting to research what I need in terms of documents, supporting evidence etc.. I look forward to your posts......:biggrin:

Guest Rollergirl86
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum and about to start the process of a spouse visa. My husband is a UK citizen and Im from Oz. We are planning to move to the UK in June/July 2010. From reading this forum it appears the process is rather confusing, frustrating and seems to take at least 12 weeks!

If anyone has any tips / suggestions please let me know as Im at the point of starting to research what I need in terms of documents, supporting evidence etc.. I look forward to your posts......:biggrin:

Hiya, it's pretty quiet around on this thread now.

How long have you been together and living in OZ?

The application is not really too difficult, it just takes time to gather all the documents. Always include originals or notorized copies. But always originals if you have them.

You'll need evidence of your relationship if you are defacto or newly married - joint bank accounts, rental agreements, utility bills, photos, emails, itemised phone bills, you name it! They want to see that you intend to live together permanently in the UK and I also included a Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07) but I'm not sure if that's entirely necessary as I showed funds to support myself.

The three most important things they want to see - evidence of funds for you to support yourselves moving back to the UK (bank statements, payslips, any other income eg shares/property)

- where you will be staying (tenancy agreement/council and land registry documents/letter from family if you are staying with them)

- what you will be doing there to support yourself? (do you have a job lined up?/email from potential employer/get job advertisements to show what jobs you will apply for)

I also included my CV, a police check showing I had no criminal record, evidence of my qualifications, tax return forms and a **** tonne of other stuff I can't remember right now. My application weighed 4 kilos literally.

I've been following the stats quite closely and in October 70% of settlement applications were processed in 30 working days in Canberra. In September is was only 14%! 100% of applications were done in 60 working days for both months. 12 weeks in the max it'll usually take. There is no way to expedite (fast track) your application in Canberra so don't get your hopes up and think you can get one is 2 days like in the US. Trust me I've looked into it!

Good luck!

Guest northbankdaveey

hi guys n girls, my wife and i are hoping to return to uk pretty immunent (fingers crosed) im uk citizen, my wife is australian ctizen, we married and lived in uk from 04 to 05 thern emmigratted here,just wondering does th wife have to apply for spouse /settlement visa here or can she come to uk on any other visa and apply their for it, i tried to ring the rip off info line in canberra but didnt make much sense to me, either i was thick, the person i spoke to was thick or we both are lol, we have been married for 7 years and the wife did get the visa in the uk at the time, but with us leaving the uk in 05 i guess that settlement visa is now defunct because i think you have to be in uk for 2 years, anyway if there is any experts out there that can help would greatly appreciate it, im quite worried as i know we have to have house job etc proof, well im heading back to uk with no where to live and no job , cant rerally sort it till i get there, the wife insisting we go now but i think w eneed to plan more, but oh well i lost my parents a few months ago so i cant stay at their house, im quite worried oh well onwards and upwards :) really would appreciate some advice regarding the settlement visa cheers and happy new year :)

Guest Rollergirl86

Hi there,

Your wife has to apply for a another settlement visa from her country of origin (Australia). She can't do it from the UK unfortunately.

A spouse visa is valid for 27 months (24months needed to apply for ILR + 3months grace period to sort yourself out and get back to the UK).

Because you have been married for more than 4 years she can apply for ILR immediately which is worth doing as it will make living in the UK easier in the long term as she can apply for citizenship eventually.

Hope that helps. Information on UK visa's is confusing, contradictory and sparse - also make sure you do your own research and don't believe all of the crap some people say on forums (except me in this instance ha!) because there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Archived