Sunshine west

maslyn

• 2 weeks later...

Flippin heck, don't join the Sunshine Tourist Board you lot will you!! Having said that, I have read sooo many negative posts about crime rate in the area that I think it may be worth looking at other areas.

All the above comments are true... not one good thing to report on Sunshine. Infact, we live in the Western Suburbs, just North from Sunshine (Caroline Springs) and we aren't really digging it at all. Get us out of here!!! To the South of the CBD we go, Bayside here we come!

Teamrobbo; agree with you about Sunshine and the general area; and that's just driving through. Bayside, though, is an all round nicer place to live; which is why I live there!

OP - sorry the responses are so resoundingly negative (though I don't quite get the "multicultural" as an implied criticism).

Multicultural is a description of the people who live in the area and a lot do not have English as a first language its hard enough migrating but to go to a place where everyone is chatting away in another language would be very hard. After all people are emigrating to a country where English is the spoken language.

I know that UK people seem to think Aussies are all racist we are not however we do tell it like it is and are not politically correct so people just have to get used to it. A spade is a spade in Aus.

I cannot believe how people pussy foot around here in the UK completely forgot what it was like. Scared to say this scared to say that. Weird very weird.

Archived