Aussie drivers

Guest peterd869

I had a DRZ 250 nice and yellow (Motor Bike). The amount oof times I HAD A "near miss" was hit 2.

I had a massive 4WD with a big bull bar. Had to bull bars put on that car. No fault of my own!

Maybe the aussies need a better eye sight test.

LOL a bike rider that's not in the wrong.........:wideeyed::biglaugh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peterd869

The amount of near misses i had was on the eastern freeway. They start changing lanes I speed up and I would see them jump. Its called head checks!!

Some 'Commodore' freak with a Manchester United scarf on his back shelf chased me along the Nepean in Frankston!

I had pulled out onto Overton Road in Frankston and this guy started speeding up near bumper to bumper. I pulled onto the Nepean and he lover took me and did some 2 lane swerves. At the traffic lights he went to get out of his car shouting obscenities to me so i locked the doors!

He did a U turn at Davey St and went elsewhere but he did scare me for a while.

The point was i didn't actually know what i had done wrong!!! :confused:

Guest chris955

You mean it would be even worse than it is now ? :elvis:

I think you would find that Jim, if the roads were not mostly dual carriageways here either, there would be a lot more road rage, tailgating and other incidents too. They would simply try to "push you off" the road. It's not happening (as much) here, only because there are dual carriageways and they can overtake you.

My car has gone been bashed into twice this year so far. I never had this problem in London. Sums it all up really.

seems some PIO members have found out where you live :biglaugh:

(joke)

Forgot to add how is your new job going?

Aussies cant drive to save their lives....Thats why so many die every week and i mean every week.

I have a lot of driving experience and they scare the sh7t outta me... So unpredictable. They have NO idea...

I think the death rates in most cities are similar to the uk. Some are even better (Canberra?).

You mean it would be even worse than it is now ? :elvis:

I reckon so.

I have witnessed road rage here before and tailgating happens also, for example if they can't overtake you in the other lane(s), they would be right up your bumper, very intimidating indeed.

I do miss the courtesy of the english drivers, having said that there is plenty of road rage and aggro on the british roads as well.

Guest chris955

Absolutely, it seems to exist everywhere. I can't understand what happens to Aussie drivers when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Guest daveintaiwan
Cleary alot of people are from the UK.

We are comparing the 2

Generally speaking they are some of the worst in the world

I felt Chris might have broadened the net slightly, so I was just adding my thoughts from that point of view. :biggrin:

I can't understand what happens to Aussie drivers when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Maybe it's that overly competitive spirit. Great for sports, not so good for driving...

Guest wayniexagt

so weve all came to the same conclusion then .......... there crap to the highest degree of crapness ?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I reckon so.

I have witnessed road rage here before and tailgating happens also, for example if they can't overtake you in the other lane(s), they would be right up your bumper, very intimidating indeed.

I do miss the courtesy of the english drivers, having said that there is plenty of road rage and aggro on the british roads as well.

Hi landv

there DEFINATELY isn't as much road rage in the uk as there is in Australia for one simple fact, this winter was the longest coldest wettest miserable winter in history and the roads crumble all over the country leaving a billion trillion zillion pots holes. The upshot of this tailgaiting and road rage incidents are down massively, because everyones dodging the pot holes.

jim:biglaugh::laugh:

Dear all,

What do you think of Aussie drivers/

Personally I think they are so bad. No one follows the road rules. cant drive in a straight line!!

Pete

I certainly think there are less road manners here in Australia, but I don't kow what nationality the actual drivers are .. could be from anywhere.

Archived