Fed up nurse job hunting

Hi all

Just need to have a five minute rant!

Been looking for about two months now for an employer to sponsor me in a nursing post, having absolutely no luck. We are open to area, and having worked in various nursing roles I am not aiming for one type of post.

But no luck, just got into a rut and am feeling really demotivated. Going independantly is just not an option for us.

If any one has any ideas or tips would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading TT xx

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi TT

Firstly ((HUGs)) I thought nursing jobs would be ten a penny, guess not then. What field are you in out of interest?

Have you been contacting empoyers directly or using agencies?

Have you been to an Expo? I have some ex-collegues who have gained sponsorship that way at the Mater hospital in Brisbane.

Otherwise just keep going and going... someone will eventually contact you?!! I have another friend who is heading to Adelaide, she had been applying for months then got 3 telephone interviews in the same week.

I've not even started looking for job yet, need to complete assessment with ANMC! :arghh:

Good luck TT

Jo x

Guest smileykylie
thought there was a shortage?

There is but no money to actually employ them (at least in nsw)

Hi Jo and Dave

Been trying agencies mostly, have varied experience current working in a acute medical unit, but have had A&E and dialysis experience, also worked in ITU but not long enough to be able to secure a post in oz.

Redone my CV over the weekend, maybe when I feel more motivated will send it out to a number of hospitals and see.

regards TT

Hi all

Just need to have a five minute rant!

Been looking for about two months now for an employer to sponsor me in a nursing post, having absolutely no luck. We are open to area, and having worked in various nursing roles I am not aiming for one type of post.

But no luck, just got into a rut and am feeling really demotivated. Going independantly is just not an option for us.

If any one has any ideas or tips would love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading TT xx

google vital international , we went with them just a job agency worth a peek

Guest Jo and Dave
Hi Jo and Dave

Been trying agencies mostly, have varied experience current working in a acute medical unit, but have had A&E and dialysis experience, also worked in ITU but not long enough to be able to secure a post in oz.

Redone my CV over the weekend, maybe when I feel more motivated will send it out to a number of hospitals and see.

regards TT

Hi TT

Hopefully you will get your mojo back after the weekend :biggrin:

Have you tried the health departments for each state?

i.e just google Health department WA or NSW etc......... there's plenty of jobs listed!

Have a look when you get 5 mins! Have you done the Ielts test and stuff?

Jo x

Guest annep

Hi

Healthscope also have hospitals all over Oz. they're not offering sponsership but could you apply for state sponsorship ?

Not sure whether the recent changes are affecting SS as I haven't been on here for a while

Anne

Archived