Pre september applicants-let us count how many of us?

virtual_bajwa

Guest Gollywobbler
Yes guys,

DIAC has changed the look of the Capping and ceasing of specified offshore GSM applications lodged before 1 September 20071 July 2010 under What's new section...

They have provided the PDF file under the name of VACrepay.pdf. And under the file they have clearly mentioned that If you believe that you may be eligible for a repayment and have not received any notification from the department by 31 August

2010 please contact us. See: General Skilled Migration Enquiry Forms - Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs

Here is the link to the new changes under this heading .....

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Hi VB

I remain disgusted by DIAC's and their Minister's abjectly inefficient performances. Considering the speed and the glee with which they are busily informing people that they can go to hell as far as the arrogant Aussies are concerned, why do these same arrogant Aussies need to hang onto the interest-free loans which they have enjoyed up to now for a minimum of another 3 months?

Bureaucracy is not that bleedin' inefficient even when the hopelessly inefficient DIAC are in charge of it. I would imagine that in order to save themselves money, only 1 or 2 members of their clerical staff have been told to deal with making the refunds.

They are so inefficient that apparently they wish to rely on distressed ex-visa applicants to tell them what their own blinking records ought to say.

If their Minister and DIAC's senior staff possessed even the merest shred of decency, they would have this cap & cease operation running on gleaming new rails, NOT in the back of a clapped out Holden ute.

This - very definitely - is NOT Australia's finest hour.

:mad:

Gill

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler
thanks gill

i hope most people are now aware about the true face of oz politician.and on seenig chris evil some one could judge how much he looks like---a selfish and cheap soul:jimlad:

Hi Electrical Guy

I could not agree with you more.

Have no fear. Australia will get the backlash from the current Minister and his myopic policies. There won't be sufficient interest from prospective International Students to keep the Aussie Unis in business, so this will be the end of many of those and thousands of Aussie education-providers will be joining the dole queues. Australia does not deserve to receive any more foreign income from that source.

I reckon that thousands of skilled workers are likely to turn their backs on Australia as well. That will clear all and any backlogs in the supply of skilled workers for Australia because not nearly enough people will be prepared to put up with the lottery that Australia proposes that its skilled immigration programme should become.

Five years from now, big businesses in Australia will shoot Chris Evans for his monumental, short-sighted, bungling stupidity, I predict. People who would otherwise be prospective applicants for Australia will turn their backs on the hopelessly unreliable, fickle Australian Government, I reckon.

The links for Canada, NZ, the USA and the UK are below, Electrical Guy. If I were involved, I would treat Australia with the contempt that it has shown it deserves and talk to at least one (and maybe all four) of Australia's international competitors instead.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

Canada:

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Canada is increasing its quota of skilled migrants for 2010-2011 apparently.

New Zealand:

Immigration New Zealand

United States of America:

USCIS Home Page

United Kingdom:

UK Border Agency | Home Page

Hi Electrical Guy

I could not agree with you more.

Have no fear. Australia will get the backlash from the current Minister and his myopic policies. There won't be sufficient interest from prospective International Students to keep the Aussie Unis in business, so this will be the end of many of those and thousands of Aussie education-providers will be joining the dole queues. Australia does not deserve to receive any more foreign income from that source.

I reckon that thousands of skilled workers are likely to turn their backs on Australia as well. That will clear all and any backlogs in the supply of skilled workers for Australia because not nearly enough people will be prepared to put up with the lottery that Australia proposes that its skilled immigration programme should become.

Five years from now, big businesses in Australia will shoot Chris Evans for his

monumental, short-sighted, bungling stupidity, I predict. People who would otherwise be prospective applicants for Australia will turn their backs on the hopelessly unreliable, fickle Australian Government, I reckon.

The links for Canada, NZ, the USA and the UK are below, Electrical Guy. If I were involved, I would treat Australia with the contempt that it has shown it deserves and talk to at least one (and maybe all four) of Australia's international competitors instead.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

Canada:

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Canada is increasing its quota of skilled migrants for 2010-2011 apparently.

New Zealand:

Immigration New Zealand

United States of America:

USCIS Home Page

United Kingdom:

UK Border Agency | Home Page

thanks gill but you pick me in other way , all you have mentioned above are also mine words :chatterbox: and much thanks for links :hug:

Well Guys,

I had noticed from above mentioned Client Service charter table that the top portion of table for Pre September applicants will be completely removed. And they will be left with only one row of offshore Pre September applicants. And that will be of Skilled – Independent Regional Subclass 495 and Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored Subclass 496.......I do not think there are many left under this column of applicants. So they might be finished with the backlog of Pre-September applicants if they start processing provisional applications under this category in August. And for this Minister might be waiting for the Visa capping bill...

Here is the link to the client service charter table..

Client Service Charter [/Quote]

Adding to my previous post, If DIAC is in a mood to remove all the Pre September 2007 offshore applicants, then there are only three possibilities on all the Skilled – Independent Regional Subclass 495 and Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored Subclass 496, which are left in the table..

1.Remove all these applications by refunding their money which there are already doing with the Permanent applications. But for this they have to wait for the bill to be passed in the parliament.

2.Process all these applications which are very few in number. If they start doing this it means they have to start sending the medical and PCC requests to all these applicants from next week onwards.

3.Left all these applications as it is for the next Govt. to process them. That means we have to wait more. Because there is election after few months.

Hi VB

I remain disgusted by DIAC's and their Minister's abjectly inefficient performances. Considering the speed and the glee with which they are busily informing people that they can go to hell as far as the arrogant Aussies are concerned, why do these same arrogant Aussies need to hang onto the interest-free loans which they have enjoyed up to now for a minimum of another 3 months?

Bureaucracy is not that bleedin' inefficient even when the hopelessly inefficient DIAC are in charge of it. I would imagine that in order to save themselves money, only 1 or 2 members of their clerical staff have been told to deal with making the refunds.

They are so inefficient that apparently they wish to rely on distressed ex-visa applicants to tell them what their own blinking records ought to say.

If their Minister and DIAC's senior staff possessed even the merest shred of decency, they would have this cap & cease operation running on gleaming new rails, NOT in the back of a clapped out Holden ute.

This - very definitely - is NOT Australia's finest hour.

:mad:

Gill

Hi gill, all applicants who have been received refund request of VAC fee from DIAC, Why they shouldn't ask for pay “Interest” along with VAC fee? In my view, most of them were being stranded almost 3 years or long and also it was not applicants fault that their Visa file wasn’t processed until annual quota ran out. I think they should ask for that otherwise this Department might find another way of getting “extortion money” (Withheld interest on VAC fee and application “is taken never to have been made” what else we might think instead of “Extortion money”) to keep running the hell DIAC, forever.

Cheers

VIJ

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has asked Australians for their trust as they head to the polls on August 21.

Game on for winter election - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Well guys, No bills can passed now. Everything will stand still. I would also speculate in saying that there will not be any refund of money to Pre September applicants. Please correct me If I am wrong guys.

I am afraid, If Abott Govt. comes into power, everything which is done by the Chris Evens will be reassessed. That means the people who are getting the notifications from DIAC regarding the Ceasing of particular group of applications will also be reassessed. Well, then all this cap and cease on Pre September applicants will also be proven as a fake show.

One thing which I want to know from when the code of conduct will start?

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has asked Australians for their trust as they head to the polls on August 21.

Game on for winter election - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Well guys, No bills can passed now. Everything will stand still. I would also speculate in saying that there will not be any refund of money to Pre September applicants. Please correct me If I am wrong guys.

but then why they are sending money refund forms to all pre sept like wedding invitation of juli

Guest proud2beaussie
but then why they are sending money refund forms to all pre sept like wedding invitation of juli

What you need to remember is that DIAC is NOT the government,it's a department,and if DIAC had the power to cap and cease the applications that it has and it had the power to refund VAC's under the Migration Act then the calling of the election does not in any way stop them from continuing that process.

There may be a question about whether the actions taken by DIAC in relation to the capping and ceasing were within their power but that is for others to determine,but if DIAC

believes they had the power to cap and cease and send out refund notices then the election can't stop that..

DIAC is a department,it does things on the orders of the minister,it continues to function as normal during an election period,that is called "seperation of powers".

And by the way even if the opposition were elected that does NOT mean that decisions or actions taken by the current minister will be reassessed,if the minister has made a decision that is legal then it remains legal under any new government,the new government MAY reexamine policies and decisions of previous ministers but it is not wise to ASSUME that they will do that,any application capped and ceased by the minister now is likely to remain capped and ceased,sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's the truth,at least until the new government is sworn in.

What you need to remember is that DIAC is NOT the government,it's a department,and if DIAC had the power to cap and cease the applications that it has and it had the power to refund VAC's under the Migration Act then the calling of the election does not in any way stop them from continuing that process.

There may be a question about whether the actions taken by DIAC in relation to the capping and ceasing were within their power but that is for others to determine,but if DIAC

believes they had the power to cap and cease and send out refund notices then the election can't stop that..

DIAC is a department,it does things on the orders of the minister,it continues to function as normal during an election period,that is called "seperation of powers".

And by the way even if the opposition were elected that does NOT mean that decisions or actions taken by the current minister will be reassessed,if the minister has made a decision that is legal then it remains legal under any new government,the new government MAY reexamine policies and decisions of previous ministers but it is not wise to ASSUME that they will do that,any application capped and ceased by the minister now is likely to remain capped and ceased,sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's the truth,at least until the new government is sworn in.

Well,

I do not know what happens in Australian Politics. But I know something about one of the biggest democracy of world that is, India. In India if elections are called all the departments come under that. The actions of all the department are effected by the elections. As every official of that particular department is not free to take decisions on its own. As they know if new Govt. comes they can change the things again. And time period is also very limited.

AS in case of cap and cease notification, they have not yet started sending the money back to applicants. And it has been clearly mentioned in DIAC notification that it will take 12 weeks means 3 months to process the refunding of money. And in 12 weeks new Govt. will take charge.

Guest proud2beaussie
And it has been clearly mentioned in DIAC notification that it will take 12 weeks means 3 months to process the refunding of money. And in 12 weeks new Govt. will take charge. __________________

That doesn't really make any difference,if the government changes and the new government wants to put a stop to this particular process then it would be up to them to organise that,that might happen but it might not,and if the present government is returned then they too could change their minds and not proceed with this but they could also carry on,the other thing to remember is that even when the result of the election is known and a new minister for immigration is sworn in it is not till the new parliament starts that any legislation can be passed.

I agree.

virtual_bajwa, you shouldn't allow wishful thinking to colour your expectations and I'm afraid that a number of posters to this and other threads appear to be allowing that to happen.

If Tony Abbot becomes PM, I believe he can be expected to take a harder line on immigration than the Gillard government. IMO, an Abbot government would be extremely unlikely to undo any capping and ceasing that has already taken place and I think they'd be far more likely to see it as an opportunity to get rid of a fairly large number of difficult applications with Labor copping all of the flak and associated ill feeling.

Guest proud2beaussie

I will be VERY interested to read the full immigration policy of the Liberal party,at the moment they haven't released a full explanation of what they would do with skilled migration but they have said they

would cut the total numbers of immigrants allowed in,I will wait and see the detail in their policy before I make a judgement on whether they deserve my vote.

I agree.

virtual_bajwa, you shouldn't allow wishful thinking to colour your expectations and I'm afraid that a number of posters to this and other threads appear to be allowing that to happen.

If Tony Abbot becomes PM, I believe he can be expected to take a harder line on immigration than the Gillard government. IMO, an Abbot government would be extremely unlikely to undo any capping and ceasing that has already taken place and I think they'd be far more likely to see it as an opportunity to get rid of a fairly large number of difficult applications with Labor copping all of the flak and associated ill feeling.

I agree that Abott might be tougher on Immigrants. But I am sure there has to be a red line between issues of Asylum seekers and Immigrants. Asylum seekers are always a big point of flesh b/w two Govt. and I am hoping that Abott Govt. will be a good Govt. for Immigrants. As it has been repeatedly said that Immigrants are the back bone of economic growth of a country.

I agree that Abott might be tougher on Immigrants. But I am sure there has to be a red line between issues of Asylum seekers and Immigrants. Asylum seekers are always a big point of flesh b/w two Govt. and I am hoping that Abott Govt. will be a good Govt. for Immigrants. As it has been repeatedly said that Immigrants are the back of economic growth of a country.

I agree with Virtual Bajwa that there is hope that Abott who was close to Howard understands immigration and students better would take a softer line on immigrants. I do not think they would make it easier for future immigration but all those who applied could breathe a sigh of relief. I doubt that though even he would review cap and cease of those preSeptember 2007 applicants who have already been axed unless an Australian court is to find fault with it.

Guest proud2beaussie

The Abbott policy is to REDUCE migration,and also please remember that there is a very good chance that the current government will be returned.

I think that anyone who thinks that the calling of an election somehow spells the end of heartache and

disappointment for visa applicants will sadly be disappointed themselves.

Also a key feature of the coalition immigration policy is reinstatement of a critical skills list-that means yet more confusion regarding processing priorities for skilled visa applicants.

The Abbott policy is to REDUCE migration,and also please remember that there is a very good chance that the current government will be returned.

I think that anyone who thinks that the calling of an election somehow spells the end of heartache and

disappointment for visa applicants will sadly be disappointed themselves.

Also a key feature of the coalition immigration policy is reinstatement of a critical skills list-that means yet more confusion regarding processing priorities for skilled visa applicants.

No one is saying labor cant be returned. In fact chances favor it but elections are unpredictable and labor has lost a lot of ground. Man we have already been screwed, how can it get worse. On the most labor comes back and sticks to its old policy. It just cant get worse.

Guest proud2beaussie
It just cant get worse.

For the sake of many,many people I sincerely hope you are right!.

Guest celalit

I think we should forgot 2007 application and proceed with the new application. Also, did everybody gets the refund letter from DIAC ? I haveen't hear anything from my Agent yet ?

I think we should forgot 2007 application and proceed with the new application. Also, did everybody gets the refund letter from DIAC ? I haveen't hear anything from my Agent yet ?

so we should also think that diac won't to proceed any past applicant in coming years becoz they have are already rubbed these fools and nothing more to left to be taken and make interest for 3yrs and slapped them saying we are not feeling well:frown: now for u all so we cant proceed u any more :policeman: and now they (diac) are too busy on calculating how more money could be earned from next in Que. all poor applicants left in limbo may be then have right feeling for us.

so mattey if they have right to do now, it became law in future. we all pre sept also human beings and living on same earth:arghh:

For the sake of many,many people I sincerely hope you are right!.

my thinking about Australian (proud to be) is very decent and graceful :wubclub: becoz every single true Australian want his country to be known for fair and justice for all on the account of humanity not allows anyone(ministers) to play dirty politics on the behalf of nations pride whatever the reasons are.

if i am wrong then govt should be awarded for their achievements in future from whom proud to be oz

My simple questions is that why they (diac)can't stop getting new applications? There are thousands of applications are pending in backlogs, where enough people has to apply who has skill as per Australian Demand(new SOL). I say To DIAC " STOP Getting new Applications and go to backlog and find out people they have skill which is in demand".

They create more mess by accepting new applications. If Mr Chrise has enough smartness. He was stop accepting new applications and he was shortout backlog and grant visa those people who have skill that in demand in Australia. But He did not do this and create more complications in migrations systems and make old applicant life hell.

My conclusions is that Minister want money from applicants to run DIAC. Minister had to stop accepting new application whenever he came to know that this migration system was supply driven-not demand driven. And He had to short-out old applications and give visa to those people who has skill that Australia need. After backlog has cleared than he has to start accepting new applications.

I have seen that minister never get any steps that stop Cash flow from applicants.

There are minister moral duty to deal with old applicants with Justice and obey Commitments which are given to old applicants.I have make an impressions that Australian are immoral and chitter.

My simple questions is that why they (diac)can't stop getting new applications? There are thousands of applications are pending in backlogs, where enough people has to apply who has skill as per Australian Demand(new SOL). I say To DIAC " STOP Getting new Applications and go to backlog and find out people they have skill which is in demand".

They create more mess by accepting new applications. If Mr Chrise has enough smartness. He was stop accepting new applications and he was shortout backlog and grant visa those people who have skill that in demand in Australia. But He did not do this and create more complications in migrations systems and make old applicant life hell.

My conclusions is that Minister want money from applicants to run DIAC. Minister had to stop accepting new application whenever he came to know that this migration system was supply driven-not demand driven. And He had to short-out old applications and give visa to those people who has skill that Australia need. After backlog has cleared than he has to start accepting new applications.

I have seen that minister never get any steps that stop Cash flow from applicants.

There are minister moral duty to deal with old applicants with Justice and obey Commitments which are given to old applicants.I have make an impressions that Australian are immoral and chitter.

its well said "a bad fish (evil evan) spoil whole pound(aust)" so now all oz has been counted for this immoral degree

Archived