Pre september applicants-let us count how many of us?

virtual_bajwa

Guest Wannabeoz
I feel terribly disgusted at the Government's attitude to having absolutely no remorse for those people who possess the skills that they desperately need. Bossfishy1 was well within the parameters of a skilled worker that is even prevalent right now. If they think that he is too old, because I see no other reason, then why don't they change the age criteria ? Why don't they just reveal to us their minds on what exactly they want so that people don't go around investing hard earned money and their precious lives (which unfortunately will never be returned) on something that will never happen. This is, imo, open 'Day Light Robbery' and someone should be answerable for this.

Totally agree - I feel terrible for all of you who have been capped and ceased, and I have a feeling that's what the minister has in mind for a lot of us eventually. Why don't they just tell us what they want, so we can apply with a good chance of getting a visa? If we weren't eligable, we wouldn't bother, and we would get on with our lives without the half hope we might one day move to Australia.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Llist of unlucky applicants who got the notification regarding ceasing and refund of money..........

dasalcedo

Serial Number ----1

Date of application: 30 August 2007

IELTS: Listening: 5.5 Reading: 8.0 Writing: 5.5 Speaking: 6.5

Nationality: Colombian

Trade/profession: Architect

Visa type: 136 Skilled Independent.

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL

Medicals submitted: Twice don't remember dates.

Police check submitted: Don't remember date.

Date CO assigned: No CO assigned.

Date visa granted: No visa granted so far.

Recieved the letter regarding Ceasing of application on dated 08-07-2010

babboo

Serial Number---2

Date of Application: 27-Aug-2007

Nationality: Indian By Birth

IELTS : L 6.5, R 5.5, W 6, S 6

Trade/Profession: Education Officer

Visa Type: BQ 138

CSL, MODL or SOL:

Medicals submitted: Feb 2008

Police check submitted: Feb 2008

Date CO assigned: Not assigned

Date visa granted:

Got the letter about ceasing.

electrical guy(Changed to State Sponsorship)

Serial Number---3

Date of application :31 august 2007

Nationality : Indian

Trade : electrician 4311-11

IELTS: s-7,l-6,r-6,w-5.5(av-6) minimum criteria was 5.5 each

Visa type : bn 137

csl/sol :sol

co assigned :december2008

medical/pcc demanded : feb2k9

state sponsorship granted : feb/2010

visa : waiting

Got the letter about ceasing on 09-07-2010

No Regrets

Serial NUmber 4

Date of application: 27 - June. 2007

Nationality: Egyptian

Trade/profession: Retail pharmacist

Visa type: skilled independent 136

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL also CSL

Date CO assigned: 07 - 2008

Medicals submitted: 09/2008.

Got married, Hubby added on 7/2009

Date visa granted:Not yet(waiting)

IELTS : 8 ( 9,9,7,7)

Got the letter from department regarding money returned

Apples

Serial Number - 5

Lodged the Application - August 22nd 2007

HR country applicant.: srilanka

NON CSL/NON MODL:SOL

Visa type: skilled independent visa subclass 136

IELTS : overall band 7

CO allocation –Jan 04th 2009

Job verification - Jan 9th 2009

CO Requested PCC,Medical,form 80

Visa grant : still waiting

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department on dated 07/07/2010.

Joana

Serial Number --6

Nationality: Romanian

Date of application 25 August 2007

Trade/proffesion: law degree, skill assessment_community worker,

visa type: 138 skilled sponsored

Case officer : dec 2008

medical checks submitted: 20 December 2008

IELTS - submitted twice

Police checks- submitted

Visa: no visa

Mirelle

Serial Number : 7

Date of application: 20 August 2007

Nationality: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Trade/profession: General electrician

Visa type: Class BQ, Subclass 138 Skilled – Au Sponsored Visa

CSL, MODL or SOL: used to be on CSL, removed, MODL

TRA: March 2007

IELTS: March 2007, overall band 6

Date CO assigned: November 2008

Medicals submitted: December 2008, and additional X-ray check requested and submitted 11 May 2009.

Police check submitted: YES, December 2008

Job verification: December 2008

Spouse IELTS: March 2009, overall band 8

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Bossfishy1

Serial NUmber : 8

Nationality: British

Trade/Profession: General Electrician with a formal apprenticeship and full British City & Guilds qualifications, plus at least 25 years of experience at the time of his visa application. DIAC were NOT suspicious of Bossfishy1 because he had obtained his skills assessment under Skilled Pathway D (I will explain that below.)

Visa Type: sc 136 originally but then he obtained State Sponsorship from QLD early in 2009. I don't know whether that means that his visa application morphed into an application for an sc 137 visa or some other subclass number.

Visa Application Submitted: August 2007, when Bossfishy1 was 44. He is now 48.

CSL/MODL: Was on the CSL from 1st Jan to 16th March 2009. Was always on the MODL until the abolition of the MODL on 8th Feb 2010.

TRA: 2007, before the closure of Skilled Pathway D but that was not relevant to Bossfishy1, whose TRA skills assessment was awarded under Skilled Pathway A.

IELTS: Not necessary because Bossfishy1 is British.

Dates CO Assigned: First CO - 2007/2008. Second CO - early 2009. Third CO - 2009/2010

Medicals: 2008 on request from the CO

Police checks: I don't know but I assume that they were requested and submitted.

Job Verification: Completed via an in-person visit to Australia House in London in Dec 2008.

Fees Refunded: He has received the DIAC refunds form for completion.

Ahmburak

Serial Number---9

Date of application: 23 - Aug. 2007

IELTS : R:7.5 L:6.5 W:6.5 S:6.5

Nationality: Turkish

Trade/profession: IT Manager

Visa type: 136bn

CSL, MODL or SOL: SOL

Medicals submitted:Feb 2008

Date visa granted:Not Yet (Probably never)

Got the notification letter on ceasing and refunding of VAC on dated 12/07/2010

I feel terribly disgusted at the Government's attitude to having absolutely no remorse for those people who possess the skills that they desperately need. Bossfishy1 was well within the parameters of a skilled worker that is even prevalent right now. If they think that he is too old, because I see no other reason, then why don't they change the age criteria ? Why don't they just reveal to us their minds on what exactly they want so that people don't go around investing hard earned money and their precious lives (which unfortunately will never be returned) on something that will never happen. This is, imo, open 'Day Light Robbery' and someone should be answerable for this.

but what about me ,same occupation general electrician ,age30 at time of lodging,experience 14 years with two years of training ,ielts 6.00 ,sponsored by Victoria,from hr country India .what reason they should have to cease me if asked under law .only punished to be by date of pre sept 2k7.even they dont bother about the poor applicants fairness and commitment .but in our country law is much humanitarian on issues directly related to emotion of a person. DIAC may be lack of caliber to find who is genuine or not.making interest on money earned by cheap migration tact is their motto."people(cash money) our business" nothing else is considerable:policeman:

we are still ready to give any test under new criteria if they are suspicious about our skills.taking practical assessment in trade,examine communication skill of language again, that all could be the solutions of the disaster they have already done .but who cares?let them to dumped by spiteful evan like a dirty garbage and to feel him God of evil

but what about me ,same occupation general electrician ,age30 at time of lodging,experience 14 years with two years of training ,ielts 6.00 ,sponsored by Victoria,from hr country India .what reason they should have to cease me if asked under law .only punished to be by date of pre sept 2k7.even they dont bother about the poor applicants fairness and commitment .but in our country law is much humanitarian on issues directly related to emotion of a person. DIAC may be lack of caliber to find who is genuine or not.making interest on money earned by cheap migration tact is their motto."people(cash money) our business" nothing else is considerable:policeman:

I used Bossfishy1 as an example for you all. I agree, you were and still are within the parameters of the criteria set by DIAC so why have they done this ? Unfortunately the only right answer, if there is any, can be given are by DIAC. I too am from India and although today is not my time, who knows what they have in mind for our future. My heart is with you guys right now.

I also got the cap & kill letter. You can add me to the poor gals&guys list bajwa. :cry:

Really sad that more than half of the people from this list have got the notification. Well. I want to know one thing, is there any last date given to submit this form for refund of money.

Guest 68Jose
very interesting, indeed. Today, after I got my letter my thought was the same. Should I get a refund or should I wait? I hope tommorrow I will have an answer from the immigration lawyer I have contacted in NSW. I'll let you know.

But I wouldn't be surpriesd that this refund if accepted ...to put an end to any future opportunity to challange the decision if it will be the case. the Department played dirty and they have to get rid of so many applications. It was their defective management and negligence and now they try to "charge" offshore applicants to pay for this because they are not Australians ant this makes things easier. I am outraged at their reason to capp this appliations."easier english standardds". It was in fact their defective list.

After putting my wife's and my own life on hold for 3 of my most productive years I also received my cease letter. Needless to say I feel terribly disappointed, but that's not the worst thing.

I realize I'm more fortunate than others, as I'm still at the same age range I was when I applied and will remain there for one more year, my occupation is still in the new SOL, I was validated in '07 by Engineers Australia as a professional engineer and I'm confident I can score the necessary IELTS level and claim the necessary points.

So I'm as sure as I was back in '07 I can gain PR under the new rules. The only difference is I'm not as naive as I was back then.

After all this mess, I no longer have faith in the Australian government's ability to manage the skilled migration program in an efficient or fair way.

If I get my refund money back and apply this or next year, what's to stop DIMIA from retracting on their word and changing policies all over again?

Keeping my rant aside, what is currently the timespan a plain SOL applicant has to wait to gain a PR GSM visa? What options are there?

Jose

Guest juandelacruz
After putting my wife's and my own life on hold for 3 of my most productive years I also received my cease letter. Needless to say I feel terribly disappointed, but that's not the worst thing.

I realize I'm more fortunate than others, as I'm still at the same age range I was when I applied and will remain there for one more year, my occupation is still in the new SOL, I was validated in '07 by Engineers Australia as a professional engineer and I'm confident I can score the necessary IELTS level and claim the necessary points.

So I'm as sure as I was back in '07 I can gain PR under the new rules. The only difference is I'm not as naive as I was back then.

After all this mess, I no longer have faith in the Australian government's ability to manage the skilled migration program in an efficient or fair way.

If I get my refund money back and apply this or next year, what's to stop DIMIA from retracting on their word and changing policies all over again?

Keeping my rant aside, what is currently the timespan a plain SOL applicant has to wait to gain a PR GSM visa? What options are there?

Jose

Hi Jose,

Maybe the SMP is a good option.. we do not know yet what the states have to offer though. Best of luck and keep that flicker of hope alive. Gracias. :biggrin:

Jose

Terrible and terrible news dear,

Words are very less while we think of wastage of those three years of our life. Some of us has lost the opportunity of reapplying. But Minister is unmoved by all this.

Llist of unlucky applicants who got the notification regarding ceasing and refund of money..........

dasalcedo

Serial Number ----1

Date of application: 30 August 2007

IELTS: Listening: 5.5 Reading: 8.0 Writing: 5.5 Speaking: 6.5

Trade/profession: Architect

Visa type: 136 Skilled Independent.

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL

Medicals submitted: Twice don't remember dates.

Police check submitted: Don't remember date.

Date CO assigned: No CO assigned.

Date visa granted: No visa granted so far.

Recieved the letter regarding Ceasing of application on dated 08-07-2010

babboo

Serial Number---2

Date of Application: 27-Aug-2007

Nationality: Indian By Birth

IELTS : L 6.5, R 5.5, W 6, S 6

Trade/Profession: Education Officer

Visa Type: BQ 138

CSL, MODL or SOL:

Medicals submitted: Feb 2008

Date visa granted:

Got the letter about ceasing.

electrical guy(Changed to State Sponsorship)

Serial Number---3

Date of application :31 august 2007

Nationality : Indian

Trade : electrician 4311-11

IELTS: s-7,l-6,r-6,w-5.5(av-6) minimum criteria was 5.5 each

Visa type : bn 137

csl/sol :sol

co assigned :december2008

medical/pcc demanded : feb2k9

state sponsorship granted : feb/2010

visa : waiting

Got the letter about ceasing on 09-07-2010

No Regrets

Serial NUmber 4

Date of application: 27 - June. 2007

Nationality: Egyptian

Trade/profession: Retail pharmacist

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL also CSL

Date CO assigned: 07 - 2008

Medicals submitted: 09/2008.

Got married, Hubby added on 7/2009

Date visa granted:Not yet(waiting)

IELTS : 8 ( 9,9,7,7)

Apples

Serial Number - 5

Lodged the Application - August 22nd 2007

HR country applicant.: srilanka

NON CSL/NON MODL:SOL

Visa type: skilled independent visa subclass 136

IELTS : overall band 7

CO allocation –Jan 04th 2009

Job verification - Jan 9th 2009

CO Requested PCC,Medical,form 80

Visa grant : still waiting

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department on dated 07/07/2010.

Joana

Serial Number --6

Nationality: Romanian

Date of application 25 August 2007

Trade/proffesion: law degree, skill assessment_community worker,

visa type: 138 skilled sponsored

Case officer : dec 2008

medical checks submitted: 20 December 2008

IELTS - submitted twice

Police checks- submitted

Visa: no visa

Mirelle

Serial Number : 7

Date of application: 20 August 2007

Nationality: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Trade/profession: General electrician

Visa type: Class BQ, Subclass 138 Skilled – Au Sponsored Visa

CSL, MODL or SOL: used to be on CSL, removed, MODL

TRA: March 2007

IELTS: March 2007, overall band 6

Date CO assigned: November 2008

Medicals submitted: December 2008, and additional X-ray check requested and submitted 11 May 2009.

Police check submitted: YES, December 2008

Job verification: December 2008

Spouse IELTS: March 2009, overall band 8

Fees Refunded:Yes Got the letter from department.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Bossfishy1

Serial NUmber : 8

Nationality: British

Trade/Profession: General Electrician with a formal apprenticeship and full British City & Guilds qualifications, plus at least 25 years of experience at the time of his visa application. DIAC were NOT suspicious of Bossfishy1 because he had obtained his skills assessment under Skilled Pathway D (I will explain that below.)

Visa Type: sc 136 originally but then he obtained State Sponsorship from QLD early in 2009. I don't know whether that means that his visa application morphed into an application for an sc 137 visa or some other subclass number.

Visa Application Submitted: August 2007, when Bossfishy1 was 44. He is now 48.

CSL/MODL: Was on the CSL from 1st Jan to 16th March 2009. Was always on the MODL until the abolition of the MODL on 8th Feb 2010.

TRA: 2007, before the closure of Skilled Pathway D but that was not relevant to Bossfishy1, whose TRA skills assessment was awarded under Skilled Pathway A.

IELTS: Not necessary because Bossfishy1 is British.

Dates CO Assigned: First CO - 2007/2008. Second CO - early 2009. Third CO - 2009/2010

Medicals: 2008 on request from the CO

Police checks: I don't know but I assume that they were requested and submitted.

Job Verification: Completed via an in-person visit to Australia House in London in Dec 2008.

Fees Refunded: He has received the DIAC refunds form for completion.

Ahmburak

Serial Number---9

Date of application: 23 - Aug. 2007

IELTS : R:7.5 L:6.5 W:6.5 S:6.5

Nationality: Turkish

Trade/profession: IT Manager

Visa type: 136bn

Medicals submitted:Feb 2008

Date visa granted:Not Yet (Probably never)

Got the notification letter on ceasing and refunding of VAC on dated 12/07/2010

68Jose

Serial Number : 10

Date of application: 16 - August 2007

Nationality: Mexican

Trade/profession: Industrial Engineer

Date CO assigned: not yet

Medicals submitted: not yet

Date visa granted:Not yet (waiting)confused.gif

IELTS : 7 ( 7.5,7.5,7.0,6.5)

Got the letter of notification regarding ceasing of application on dated 12-07-2010

___________________________________________________________________________________

andres96

Serial Number---11

Date of application: August 27 2007

IELTS: L: 6 R : 6.5 W : 5 S : 7

Trade/profession: IT

Visa type: 136

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted: .....Probably never....

Got the letter regarding notification of ceasing on 05/07/2010

Guest andres96

I got an email from my agent with the cap and cease letter it was sent on July 05. It doesn't surprise me but I feel terrible, this whole migration process has brought a lot of stress to my life and right now I'm close to getting divorced with my wife. Life sucks Australia sucks.

I got an email from my agent with the cap and cease letter it was sent on July 05. It doesn't surprise me but I feel terrible, this whole migration process has brought a lot of stress to my life and right now I'm close to getting divorced with my wife. Life sucks Australia sucks.

as all have already done. give your heart blessing to Chris Evil may be he sooner get same from his poor wife :embarrassed:

This is very sad. please feel relaxed. I know how could u feeling at this moment.

Guest ahmburak
Really sad that more than half of the people from this list have got the notification. Well. I want to know one thing, is there any last date given to submit this form for refund of money.

Dear Bajwa,

There wasn't any last date to submit it. I already sent it though. Don't care about it anymore.

Guest babboo

Hi !

Has any one of us "Cap n Ceased" applicant filled the form for refunds attached with the rejection application ???

Cheers

Guest andres96
Hi !

Has any one of us "Cap n Ceased" applicant filled the form for refunds attached with the rejection application ???

Cheers

I sent the form yesterday :daydreaming:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

I don't think the Minister for Immi realises just how much harm this nonsense will cause to his adopted country.

Everybody now knows that assurances from DIAC are totally hollow because DIAC's staff are employed by a Government which is a two-faced turncoat. In 5 years' time, Australia will be whingeing that it needs to attract more skilled immigrants. It will serve them right if their pleas fall upon deaf ears.

It is a shabby, shabby way for any Government to behave. Shame on Australia for behaving like one of the banana republics in the third world. Australia should be capable of far better than the present Aussie Government has shown itself to be capable of, in my view.

Cheers

Gill

Hi All

I don't think the Minister for Immi realises just how much harm this nonsense will cause to his adopted country.

Everybody now knows that assurances from DIAC are totally hollow because DIAC's staff are employed by a Government which is a two-faced turncoat. In 5 years' time, Australia will be whingeing that it needs to attract more skilled immigrants. It will serve them right if their pleas fall upon deaf ears.

It is a shabby, shabby way for any Government to behave. Shame on Australia for behaving like one of the banana republics in the third world. Australia should be capable of far better than the present Aussie Government has shown itself to be capable of, in my view.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gilly,

Today, I want to bang my head into wall. As things are going out of control. Today in the morning I met a guy who applied 134 visa way back in July 2007. He was told to submit his medical and PCC two months back. And 10 days back he called DIAC and they gave him reply that processing on his file is still going on.

I am totally surprised to hear this as on one hand DIAC has confirmed that they have started ceasing all these applications. Either that poor guys is lying to me or he does not know anything . And one more possibility is there that his agent is fooling him.

Well, if this is true then I think the people who has been told to submit his medical and PCC in last few months will get the their visas sooner or later even if they are under the categories which will be ceased. If this is the story I am afraid this is a bad news for me at least because I did not hear anything since last one year.And adding to that guys case. one thing is that his job verification has not been done as yet....

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell you that among all the bad news we have been receiving these months, I got a good new last Tusday: The Embassy of Canada in Australia has officially started to process my application for permanent residency after 2 months of sending the application.

I still haven't send the form to get the money back from DIAC. Waiting to know what people's lawyers say about that letter.

Cheers

Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell you that among all the bad news we have been receiving these months, I got a good new last Tusday: The Embassy of Canada in Australia has officially started to process my application for permanent residency after 2 months of sending the application.

I still haven't send the form to get the money back from DIAC. Waiting to know what people's lawyers say about that letter.

Cheers

Thanks for at least some good news on this forum otherwise this thread is doing the job of giving hard time to all the applicants whether they are new or old.

Hold it... Hold it until your last breath in Australia.......

Hi All

Cheers

Gill

thanks gill

i hope most people are now aware about the true face of oz politician.and on seenig chris evil some one could judge how much he looks like---a selfish and cheap soul:jimlad:

Yes guys,

DIAC has changed the look of the Capping and ceasing of specified offshore GSM applications lodged before 1 September 20071 July 2010 under What's new section...

They have provided the PDF file under the name of VACrepay.pdf. And under the file they have clearly mentioned that If you believe that you may be eligible for a repayment and have not received any notification from the department by 31 August

2010 please contact us. See: General Skilled Migration Enquiry Forms - Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs

Here is the link to the new changes under this heading .....

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Well Guys,

I had noticed from above mentioned Client Service charter table that the top portion of table for Pre September applicants will be completely removed. And they will be left with only one row of offshore Pre September applicants. And that will be of Skilled – Independent Regional Subclass 495 and Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored Subclass 496.......I do not think there are many left under this column of applicants. So they might be finished with the backlog of Pre-September applicants if they start processing provisional applications under this category in August. And for this Minister might be waiting for the Visa capping bill...

Here is the link to the client service charter table..

Client Service Charter

Archived